Chapter without dying.

Xionx

ok, i tryed to get the "not die in forest light" a few times but i messed up the last stage on first left wall because im not patient enough xD .  than i practised the 20th stage a few times , after this i reset and have done 1-19 and got the trophy without doing stage 20....on the end of 19.

so im sure you have to beat all stages after another without dying , but i looks like you dont have to do it in order .

in my situation i was beating all stage in order 20-1-2.....-18-19 ... and got trophy. 

So if you think the last stage is the hardest for a chapter , you can do it first and than all other stage .   but every time you die all stages must be done again.

i hope it makes sense what i try to tell you.

Edited by Xionx

What do you mean by 'reset'?

Just curious if you mean you did stage 20 and then reset the game or console; after which point you did stages 1 to 19 and the trophy popped?

Edited by BOOTP
  • Like 1

What do you mean by 'reset'?

Just curious if you mean you did stage 20 and then reset the game or console; after which point you did stages 1 to 19 and the trophy popped?

oh i meant i was leaveing the stage select sreen back to the chapter select screen . i thought you have to go out to chapter select to get another try for no dying run , i have not tryed to leave the game.

oh i meant i was leaveing the stage select sreen back to the chapter select screen . i thought you have to go out to chapter select to get another try for no dying run , i have not tryed to leave the game.

You don't have to go back to the chapter select screen

As soon as you start not dying (so as soon as you succeed/beat a stage) the count starts.

E.g: die 50 times on level 1-10, then you beat it and level 1-11 > 1-20 without dying... You can now go do 1-1 > 1-9 and get the Wood boy trophy.

I also got the trophy after doing the 1-19 I didnt even do 20. I think its just a glitch or something.

Or maybe as Waffles said, i could have gotten the no dying in 20 from when i was playing story but even so i played other chapters aswell.

maybe every chapter has own counter so dying in chapter 2 is not reseting you no death progress in chapter 1 ..   hard to tell  but sounds legit. 

i give up at this game, i'm at last world and i won't even think of plating this game  -_-

That is the main problem with people playing this game - giving up.

I remember when I played it first on X360. I've got the same feeling - that this is just to hard and I must suck because it seem impossible... But I kept playing and trying. And after some times those "impossible" levels started to feel like piece of cake.

But in the same time I totally understand you :)

• Like 2

That is the main problem with people playing this game - giving up.

I remember when I played it first on X360. I've got the same feeling - that this is just to hard and I must suck because it seem impossible... But I kept playing and trying. And after some times those "impossible" levels started to feel like piece of cake.

But in the same time I totally understand you :)

this game needs a god skills, i give up but still trying to finish the game itself at least

this game needs a god skills, i give up but still trying to finish the game itself at least

Yes - skill is needed.

But that kind of skill can be learned and you can do that only by playing. This game is all about dexterity, agility and even muscle memory - those jumps that need to be made perfect and you fail them 300 times - after some time your hand and fingers will just know how to make them perfect almost all times.

But don't understand me wrong - I'm not telling that you suck because the game is to hard to you. I have many games to hard for me that I gave up (for example Alien: Isolation is recent one)

I just like games like this - demanding and challenging in this specific way that in my opinion can be learned by almost everybody with enough patience. This game does not only look like retro game. It is retro game in the very soul. It reminds me a lot of games that I've played in late 80s and early 90s. Game were much harder than.

The other thing is that maybe I'm "better" with it because I played a lot of games as a kid on old computers that had joystick with only one button. And most of the games then especialy platformers were only about great timing, dexterity and agility because there weren't many other options to increase difficulty level. But that goes a little off-topic.

Anyway - keep playing till you have patience. You will get better and better - I can assure that.

Edited by shostey
  • Like 2

Yes - skill is needed.

But that kind of skill can be learned and you can do that only by playing. This game is all about dexterity, agility and even muscle memory - those jumps that need to be made perfect and you fail them 300 times - after some time your hand and fingers will just know how to make them perfect almost all times.

But don't understand me wrong - I'm not telling that you suck because the game is to hard to you. I have many games to hard for me that I gave up (for example Alien: Isolation is recent one)

I just like games like this - demanding and challenging in this specific way that in my opinion can be learned by almost everybody with enough patience. This game does not only look like retro game. It is retro game in the very soul. It reminds me a lot of games that I've played in late 80s and early 90s. Game were much harder than.

The other thing is that maybe I'm "better" with it because I played a lot of games as a kid on old computers that had joystick with only one button. And most of the games then especialy platformers were only about great timing, dexterity and agility because there weren't many other options to increase difficulty level. But that goes a little off-topic.

Anyway - keep playing till you have patience. You will get better and better - I can assure that.

thanks shostey, have you got all the achievements? 

and i've finished the game, last level was easy, world 5 was pain in the a$$, i will try to get more trophies :)

I did get all achievements but while the time I've played SMB on X360 my console got banned so it never registered full 100% :/

But it is ok - I'm not thinking about going back to Xbox so it is PSN account that I care about. And the thing with achievment list... They were SO EASY compared to trophy list. Here you have no death runs of all chapter light and dark. And there you had only achievements for 10 levels straight without dying and only one chapter without dying (no matter which one).

Also I'm not a perfectionist - I have only 26 plats (most easy ones) and 38% completion. I mostly don't bother about trophies in games that I don't like or very time consuming - because I don't have that much time to play I need time to play another games...

But that being said - I would really like to have platinum for SMB. And that will be hard - I've never did any "no death" run besides chapter 1.

i'll give you a tip for how to get these hard trophies :)

for example wants to finish light world 1, there's 20 levels, lets say " level 6, 10, 15 and 19 are the hardest levels " you can play 10 and finish it, then exit to the map chose 15, finish it, exit to the map, and wants to choose 6 finish it then 19, after that play the other easy levels

what i mean here you can play any level you want, you don't have to play them 1 to 20, i hope this will help you :)

That's cool, thanks

So, if you can clarify one thing to me...when I die in level it voids the trophy, I exit on to map select, and then again I choose that level...and I do that in a circle 'til I get no death on that particular level??? And with that tactic for everyone of them?

Im gonna stop playing this game for now. This no deaths run thing isnt something I could pull out from. The dark world levels are being a asspain. Dark world 2-3 the fucking sawblades gat me. 2-11 I didnt jump higher enough. 2-12 again the fuckin sawblades >=( and even I manage to pass all of that, I died on a easy level cuz I screw up. I could pass through it but these cheap deaths are really really horrible....ugh...  

Anyway, Im not quitting, Im just taking a LONG brake from this FUCKIN TRASHY GARBAGE game.

Edited by Ichiban-Hybrid

That's cool, thanks

So, if you can clarify one thing to me...when I die in level it voids the trophy, I exit on to map select, and then again I choose that level...and I do that in a circle 'til I get no death on that particular level??? And with that tactic for everyone of them?

No, a single death in any level resets the counter. He means that you use chapter select to do your hardest levels flawlessly in a row. There's nothing worst than beating 19 stages perfect and failing on the last one. So use chapter select to do the hardest ones first, so you have less to redo if you screw up.