SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

I’ve beaten the Forest area, both Light and Dark world, with all A+ ratings. I thought that I was doing pretty well and then I started looking into the trophies. Beat the Forest without dying. I died more than 800 times. Lol. Granted, I was also trying to get the bandages, but still.

But once you start getting the feel for the controls, you can do some pretty amazing things in this game and I will return to it as soon as the feeling returns to my hands.

• Like 1

Only thing i dislike is the Magnetic device in later stages. i dont get the feeling for it , and  so i die pretty frequently on stages with this magentic thing. 

im on The end? stage 5 , but i stopped yesterday after 5 h SMB =).  so i think i beat light modus pretty soon . Dark forest is finished too but without deathless run .

i try to get as many trophies as possible , but i dont think im able to get plat.

I'm halfway through the seconds world and I haven't raged yet. I probably will do on the no deaths run on later worlds :P.

Only annoyance I have so far with the game is that SMB sticks to the wall, even if you're not jumping against it. I've died quite a few times in tight spaces because of that. Sometimes you just want to do a quick jump straight up and back down, even if you're close to a wall.

Only annoyance I have so far with the game is that SMB sticks to the wall, even if you're not jumping against it. I've died quite a few times in tight spaces because of that. Sometimes you just want to do a quick jump straight up and back down, even if you're close to a wall.

It is intend, mostly with Meat Boy himself so you can climb as high as possible. Kinda painful that it's hard to unattach from it though.

On topic, fuck 3-18x dark Bile Duct. BURN IN HELL!

Not raging, it's just a painful stage.

Edited by TheYuriG

Just thought I was set one for, you know, giving people a place to rant about this game instead of slamming their PS4 controllers (or PS Vitas :() against the wall or something.

Rant away.

I don't have anything to rant about myself, this game is all I was expecting to get, love it. Commander Video is extremely OP.

Pro-tip: Don't try acing 20 levels before you unlock all characters (with bandages), you never know when you are unlocking the best character in the game. xD

Couldn't you say this sooner?! Never thought of that x_x. Well at least I don't have to ace the first chapter anymore. Thank god for that.

Just thought I was set one for, you know, giving people a place to rant about this game instead of slamming their PS4 controllers (or PS Vitas :() against the wall or something.

Rant away.

I don't have anything to rant about myself, this game is all I was expecting to get, love it. Commander Video is extremely OP.

Pro-tip: Don't try acing 20 levels before you unlock all characters (with bandages), you never know when you are unlocking the best character in the game. xD

It's funny, i was going to make the exact same thread. Ah well, it's here now.

Let the bitching begin :P

Couldn't you say this sooner?! Never thought of that x_x.

Only realized it today, right after I created the thread. :P

Let the bitching begin :P

Not much so far. Maybe people were aware of how this game was and they dropped it before the rage overcame or didn't even bother? LMAO.

• Like 1

Only realized it today, right after I created the thread. :P

Not much so far. Maybe people were aware of how this game was and they dropped it before the rage overcame or didn't even bother? LMAO.

Well, i've already 100%'ed the first world and i haven't really raged so far. I'm expecting The Hospital to be a nightmare though.

Well, i've already 100%'ed the first world and i haven't really raged so far. I'm expecting The Hospital to be a nightmare though.

Hospital isn't hard, wait until you start dark salt factory though.  :giggle: It's hard level after hard level, right there.

Rant away.

Maybe if i knew this earlier my controller wouldn't have suffered so much. :(

Oh well atleast im done with Forest Light and Dark and Light hospita, but i think ill just beat the game in dark mode now before i continue the no death runs.

Btw, i just noticed that The Kid makes a lot of levels much easier.

Edited by HcG Clawz

Gamewise, I find game challenging and fun. Unlocking The Kid took retry after retry after retry. Key to success in game is never giving up.

Trophywise, this game rips a hole in your soul if you want 100%. I won't be going for Platinum. Completing all levels, fine. Completing them all in row without dying? HELL NO. I want to keep my sanity. Everyone going for it - I salute thee. Good luck, as you need that too with your skills. You monsters. ;)

Yes, I agree with you, I was very disappointed about the new soundtrack. It's not extremely bad (especially in later worlds) but not as good as the old one. Missing my favorite song from the Boss Lil Slugger the most :'(

Edited by Nadinchen211
  • Like 2

Haven't played this yet but i'm dreading it, especially the platinum. Could you imagine if you did earn platinum though, you'd feel like a boss.

Yep, the only thing i want to do is 100% the game, if i'm able to do that i'll be happy enough.

Doesn't bother me that i won't be able to plat it but if i was trying to i'd probably be in a hospital bed right about now.