SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

32 minutes ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/fa85a9/trophies/14Ld8de04.png

Woo hoo blood clot boy haha

Great job.

I almost wish I could do the easier no death runs at this point.

Missile Boy is a huge spike in difficulty compared to Blood Clot Boy. The game only gets harder from here on out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Great job.

I almost wish I could do the easier no death runs at this point.

Missile Boy is a huge spike in difficulty compared to Blood Clot Boy. The game only gets harder from here on out.

Those stupid seeker missiles are an absolute pain in the arse! 

This is definitely one of those games I'll be going on and off on alot, I just felt like snapping my vita in half trying to get the 2 bandages in the hospital dark warp zone. 

After having a little go on the salt factory light world I got too pissed off and had to switch off as I can't shout swear words when I'm in the work place as its frowned upon haha. 

• Like 1

Just now, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Those stupid seeker missiles are an absolute pain in the arse! 

This is definitely one of those games I'll be going on and off on alot, I just felt like snapping my vita in half trying to get the 2 bandages in the hospital dark warp zone. 

After having a little go on the salt factory light world I got too pissed off and had to switch off as I can't shout swear words when I'm in the work place as its frowned upon haha. 

No worries.

I easily could of gotten the platinum in Super Meat Boy in under two weeks. But Zombie Boy, when I tried going for it in May last year, pissed me off to no end so I ended up taking a break. At least I thought, got distracted with other games and left it behind for several months.

This game would be no challenge if I didn't have nerves and emotion.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Spaz said:

No worries.

I easily could of gotten the platinum in Super Meat Boy in under two weeks. But Zombie Boy, when I tried going for it in May last year, pissed me off to no end so I ended up taking a break. At least I thought, got distracted with other games and left it behind for several months.

Haha the pressure you feel is just horrible isn't it. 

I remember getting it way back on plus and hated it that much I had never planned to play it again. Came back to it last year giving it a bit more attention. 

After unlocking the kid I had a major confidence boost lol. 

But, I got mighty pissed off with it fast! 

Its such a fuck annoying game yet you can't help yourself going back for more.... 

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

Zombie Boy finished...

1zdx8a9.jpg

Should get Girl Boy done this coming weekend. Impossible Boy on the other hand.... Yikes. ?

Grats man. 2 more world to go :). I still have to practice the game on the blank account, but i am working on alot MP games atm so i haven't really much time to play it. Good luck on the 2 last worlds.

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

No worries.

This is me with every hard game I play, play for a while, get mad, wait 4 to 6 months, finish it in a week, currently doing that with downwell and catherine ?

Gratz on zombie boy, girl boy took me 2 hours less than zombie boy to do, and then comes the king of all rage quits, impossible boy!

Edited by HardXDXtraga

7 hours ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Haha the pressure you feel is just horrible isn't it. 

I remember getting it way back on plus and hated it that much I had never planned to play it again. Came back to it last year giving it a bit more attention. 

After unlocking the kid I had a major confidence boost lol. 

But, I got mighty pissed off with it fast! 

Its such a fuck annoying game yet you can't help yourself going back for more.... 

I practiced The Kid on my alt and got him within 20 minutes. Took me over two hours on my alt though.

Yeah that's true. I was frustrated beyond belief with Zombie Boy, then I felt the urge to keep going.

18 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

This is me with every hard game I play, play for a while, get mad, wait 4 to 6 months, finish it in a week, currently doing that with downwell and catherine 1f602.png

Gratz on zombie boy, girl boy took me 2 hours less than zombie boy to do, and then comes the king of all rage quits, impossible boy!

I hear Downwell can be done in just a few hours. Catherine on the other hand. How are those Babel levels?

Yeah people have told me Girl Boy is overall easier. Greenzsaber even said it on his website, which I've been following for a while now for tips.

I remember downwell well haha

The hard mode can be really frustrating alright! It's heavily luck based really with what pick ups you get from the shops and stuff though. The boss on hard is nerve racking alright! 

Catherine is one of the maddest games I've played and I think that will ever sit at 5% for me lols

On 2/6/2018 at 5:47 AM, Spaz said:

Zombie Boy finished...

1zdx8a9.jpg

Should get Girl Boy done this coming weekend. Impossible Boy on the other hand.... Yikes. 1f628.png

Way to go man! You'll get it eventually. imo, Girl Boy is easier than Zombie Boy. And impossible boy took me a few days worth of training to get. Also, I turned the music off and it helped me focus a bit better. Good luck on your next two runs :D

5 hours ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

I just don't have the patience man. 

Those missiles piss me right off I ain't even gonna bother trying the later worlds lol. 

Just finding it more annoying than fun now and don't want to break my controller or vita... 

I know how you feel man, when I first started this, it was just to keep me busy until Star ocean 5 released. But as time went on, I got hooked and all I needed was the no death runs. I put it off but I came back seeing everybody on this site give each other confidence boosts I jumped back in and every couple weeks I would get a new no death run trophy, missle boy cause so many problems and I lost a controller for it. :( but no matter how many times I would die, I would keep practicing that level until I could run through it 10 times without dying or find new strategies to make it much easier. Once I got the platinum I legit did a victory lap around my home lol. And for the patience part...I had worked at McDonalds for 4 years so my patients has been honed for years prior lol. If I were you, just have fun and enjoy what it has to offer and you'll find yourself get better with every level you beat. We here at the SMB bitching thread will have your back on the journey ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AustinMichael1 said:

I know how you feel man, when I first started this, it was just to keep me busy until Star ocean 5 released. But as time went on, I got hooked and all I needed was the no death runs. I put it off but I came back seeing everybody on this site give each other confidence boosts I jumped back in and every couple weeks I would get a new no death run trophy, missle boy cause so many problems and I lost a controller for it. :( but no matter how many times I would die, I would keep practicing that level until I could run through it 10 times without dying or find new strategies to make it much easier. Once I got the platinum I legit did a victory lap around my home lol. And for the patience part...I had worked at McDonalds for 4 years so my patients has been honed for years prior lol. If I were you, just have fun and enjoy what it has to offer and you'll find yourself get better with every level you beat. We here at the SMB bitching thread will have your back on the journey 1f602.png

Haha thanks man! 

I'm playing it at work in my spare time on the vita and I plan on getting myself the rest of the easier trophies like all warp zones, dark world beaten and the 100% for sure. 

I strongly doubt I'll be going for the plat though as the amount of games I have piled up already is beyond stupid, plus I seriously DO NOT have the patience for this shit haha. Maybe I'll go for it one day but the odds are a billion to one. 

Massive congrats on doing this seriously I truly dotheth my cap!! 

And yes, I worked in retail for many years I know exactly where you are coming from :)

18 minutes ago, Mori-101 said:

I'm following this thread now for a while as a silent reader ..

Super Meat Boy is on Sale atm .. bought it yesterday. If it will ruin my plan for a 100% account, so be it.

What is a 100% account without any hard accomplishments anyway? I'm pretty sure, I'll be here more often in the future .. 1f601.png

Just bought it too 100% bye bye :D

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Mori-101 said:
26 minutes ago, bezdomnekoty said:

Just bought it too 100% bye bye :D

46 minutes ago, Mori-101 said:

Super Meat Boy is on Sale atm .. bought it yesterday. If it will ruin my plan for a 100% account, so be it.

What is a 100% account without any hard accomplishments anyway? I'm pretty sure, I'll be here more often in the future .. 1f601.png

Prepare yourselves for a whole lotta rage haha

• Like 3

I just did cotton alley light with 19 levels done and then I died in 7-15, pissing easy level 7-15!!! I was so angry you don't know - or maybe you do :D

Anyway, instead coming here and complain about it, what I wanted to do, I just kept going and thought fuck you game, I don't care anymore. And then a miracle happened - I made it all the way throug from 7-15 onwards almost calm without caring too much... and it worked. Unbelievable, I did it. I am so relieved :yay:

You are mine now and sweet little 91% completion :awesome:

21L8e08fc.png

Problably this will be the end for me. I can't imagine going through the torture of Cotton Alley dark world. It was not before I started the more difficult no death runs that I was able to just complete some of the later levels. I guess I will spend 1-2 hours into practicing and see where it goes, but doesnt have much confidence. I am pretty happy with my progress though. Initially I wanted to stop  after the light world trophies til hell and just the two first dark world trophies and here I am. ^_^

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Savyna said:

-snip-

Congrats. Don't stop now, don't let it be for nothing!

I also stopped after Cotton Alley Light, I took a big break. A year and a half, to be precise. LOL.

I was mentally exhausted after Cotton Alley Light. I know people have been saying it was easier than Zombie Boy, but it wasn't for me.

But I'm not going to lie to you; Cotton Alley Dark is much, much harder.

It took me about 5 days of constant playing and practicing. Just remember, every level has their own strats and you have to find something that clicks with you to get those levels consistently.

Don't give up! It's a pretty amazing plat that just trumps 99.9% of plats out there! 

Meaning you've come this far means you can do it! (Just take a break, because you probably need some mental rest like I needed ;p)

28 minutes ago, weavsxx said:

Congrats. Don't stop now, don't let it be for nothing!

I also stopped after Cotton Alley Light, I took a big break. A year and a half, to be precise. LOL.

I was mentally exhausted after Cotton Alley Light. I know people have been saying it was easier than Zombie Boy, but it wasn't for me.

But I'm not going to lie to you; Cotton Alley Dark is much, much harder.

It took me about 5 days of constant playing and practicing. Just remember, every level has their own strats and you have to find something that clicks with you to get those levels consistently.

Don't give up! It's a pretty amazing plat that just trumps 99.9% of plats out there! 

Meaning you've come this far means you can do it! (Just take a break, because you probably need some mental rest like I needed ;p)

Thanks ^_^.

I'm not sure about it. But knowing me I will definitely give it a try. Even if I say otherwise, there is a part in my brain which never really give up on any trophy, even if it takes years to get some precious motivation. So far Super Meat Boy was a long journey for me. It's been 2 and a half years since the first trophy popped and I always came back to it at some point.

I don't know why everyones says Zombie is harder, too. I go with you there, found Girl Boy much more exhausting and difficult than Zombie Boy. Maybe because of the ability to use different characters? Using them properly, made it easier for me I guess.

1 hour ago, Mori-101 said:

I know your struggle. Took me some time to come over my fear of probably not getting 100% before I started it. But the game is fun, challenging and worth it, even without plat. People always have my admiration for sure, if I see it on a profile.

Edited by Savyna
  • Like 1

Just now, Spaz said:

Hopefully you moved on from that.

Yeah I have. Now I'm here at a factory as a fork truck driver and have been there for 4 years now making 18 an hour. Much better place. I also blame mcdonalds for my weight gain when I worked there. Lol was at 126lbs in 2010 when I started there and left in 2014 at 172 :/ now I'm at 210 and need to start running again.

Buuuut anyway, I enjoy coming back to this thread seeing everybody enjoy taking this game head on and supporting one another. I definitely need to find more challenging games. I'm about to start DBZ fighters but I need to figure out what to play after that ?

6 minutes ago, AustinMichael1 said:

Yeah I have. Now I'm here at a factory as a fork truck driver and have been there for 4 years now making 18 an hour. Much better place. I also blame mcdonalds for my weight gain when I worked there. Lol was at 126lbs in 2010 when I started there and left in 2014 at 172 :/ now I'm at 210 and need to start running again.

Buuuut anyway, I enjoy coming back to this thread seeing everybody enjoy taking this game head on and supporting one another. I definitely need to find more challenging games. I'm about to start DBZ fighters but I need to figure out what to play after that 1f914.png

Your height can make a difference. If you're tall and physically fit then 210 pounds isn't that bad, that's actually good. But if you're someone who is shorter, doesn't exercise and is around 210 pounds, then you definitely need to work out.

The BMI charts helped me keep me into shape and know where I'm at. I'm at around 150 pounds, still slender but better than when I was over 170.