SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

1 hour ago, dmland12 said:

I've got several others games on my list I haven't played in a while that I'd like to plat eventually, but this one is certainly the toughest.  Sometimes it takes me a while to get around to it.  :P

That's how it is with me. Have a ton of games I could've platinumed on my ps3 but didn't care about trophy hunting until late 2015 with Fallout 4. This will still be my proudest platinum and DB fighterz will be another top 10 platinum for me once I get it

Edited by AustinMichael1

13 hours ago, AUSTRALIANDJ said:

Actually just came across your profile on the recent players and saw you had a 2 year gap there. Must have been having nightmares about that for a while!

I didn't even intend on trying to do SMB. Had a friend telling me to do it, and it was 5 dollars so I picked it up.

Deliberately avoided warp zones so it wouldn't be on my profile and managed to do the death run for forest without too much effort. So I ended up committing. 

Think ive reached my limit though. I may be able to do hell dark world. But there is one level in rapture dark and cotton dark that I cant finish legit let alone do a no death run.

May I ask which level in rapture dark and cotton dark are troubling for you?

How long have you practiced so far?

Rapture Dark can be frustrating, more than cotton alley in my opinion. I think, after Missle Boy, the difficulty rises from 6/7 to 9/10. If you beat Dark Hell, Dark Rapture should be possible too, same goes for Cotton Alley. 

12 hours ago, dmland12 said:

I was feeling pretty burnt out on the game after getting the Demon Boy trophy.  I hadn't actually given up...  It was something I had meant to come back to and try to finish sometime.  I guess now's the time (unless it proves to be too difficult and I need to take another long break).

I've got several others games on my list I haven't played in a while that I'd like to plat eventually, but this one is certainly the toughest.  Sometimes it takes me a while to get around to it.  :P

I was burnt out after Zombie Boy. Til this point, I've earned one trophy a day, with Zombie Boy beeing the last in this streak (3 minutes before midnight :D). Next Day I played Cotton for 1 hour just to realize, that I am completly drained. Took me 2 more days for Cotton light. I was much more relaxed after Rapture Dark, dont know why, but it helped a lot.

Edited by Mori-101

2 hours ago, Mori-101 said:

May I ask which level in rapture dark and cotton dark are troubling for you?

How long have you practiced so far?

Rapture Dark can be frustrating, more than cotton alley in my opinion. I think, after Missle Boy, the difficulty rises from 6/7 to 9/10. If you beat Dark Hell, Dark Rapture should be possible too, same goes for Cotton Alley. 

I was burnt out after Zombie Boy. Til this point, I've earned one trophy a day, with Zombie Boy beeing the last in this streak (3 minutes before midnight :D). Next Day I played Cotton for 1 hour just to realize, that I am completly drained. Took me 2 more days for Cotton light. I was much more relaxed after Rapture Dark, dont know why, but it helped a lot.

Ive only just started to plan out my hell dark world run. 

The main levels that I have issues with are I think its 16 on Dark Rapture, as well as 19 on Dark Cotton. 

I will practise a lot, but even after hours of practice theres just no guarantee. Haha

On 25.2.2018 at 9:53 PM, AUSTRALIANDJ said:

Ive only just started to plan out my hell dark world run. 

The main levels that I have issues with are I think its 16 on Dark Rapture, as well as 19 on Dark Cotton. 

I will practise a lot, but even after hours of practice theres just no guarantee. Haha

Level 16 is pretty simple, when you know the right strategy. I played the level with Ogmo. You also can skip a big part of the level. Its the second level in this run (not my video).

Spoiler

19 on Dark Cotton is just practice. Gettin up to the last stage of the level should be a no brainer after sometime. But getting the jumps right is tricky. Here I can only say, practice practice practice.

But first concentrate on Dark Hell, surely one of the harder no death runs. If you can do this and endure it you are definately able to do the platinum.

Edited by Mori-101
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mori-101 said:

Level 16 is pretty simple, when you know the right strategy. I played the level with Ogmo. You also can skip a big part of the level. Its the second level in this run (not my video).

Reveal hidden contents

19 on Dark Cotton is just practice. Gettin up to the last stage of the level should be a no brainer after sometime. But getting the jumps right is tricky. Here I can only say, practice practice practice.

But first concentrate on Dark Hell, surely one of the harder no death runs. If you can do this and endure itm you are definately able to do the platinum.

Haha thanks for the support. I really hope youre right!

On 2/26/2018 at 8:41 AM, AUSTRALIANDJ said:

Died 4 times on last level in hell dark gah

Glad to see I'm not the only one prone to choking on or near the last level in a run.  Good luck!  I had 19 in a row twice on my Zombie Boy runs and lost them both to pretty stupid deaths.  As well as a couple 18s.

Anyway, luckily I didn't have anywhere near as much trouble with Girl Boy.  Just finished it up and now there's just one more to go...  Impossible Boy.

• Like 1

Wow, I just finally got it!  I was trying for a few hours again tonight and getting kind of fed up, so I went to chapter 2 - the hospital light world and played the first 5 levels for a bit to unwind before quitting for the night.  That's how it's generally been going for the last several days.  But, for whatever reason I decided to give Impossible Boy another shot this time.  After 2-3 deaths early on in runs, everything finally went right!

On 3/3/2018 at 10:32 PM, AUSTRALIANDJ said:

Scratch that. Theyre too hard.

I know the feeling!  I took a 1 year, 5 month break between Demon Boy and Zombie Boy.  In any case, congrats on Demon Boy!  It's quite an accomplishment in it's own right.

Edited by dmland12
  • Like 1

Recently started going for Platinum on this thing, probably gonna regret this. Took way too long on Blood Clot Boy since I kept making dumb mistakes. Probably only time I actually got pissed while playing this game, like fucks sakes I spent 3 days playing dark hospital even though I probably should've beat it way sooner. Maybe I should've tried finishing the other games I got before trying to platinum the hardest one I got. 

• Like 1

So I was looking at my trophy lists last night and it has been a little over 1 year since I got the platinum for this game. I had originally only played this game to keep me busy until Star Ocean 5 came out, but then as the months went on I became more and more dedicated to getting this platinum. I had been discouraged because the earlier no death runs were wrecking me. But, thanks to a lot of the people who were constant posters on this thread last year, I had sucked it up and worked hard to get the gaol achieved. And now here was the very run that earned me my most proudest platinum to this day (DragonBall Fighterz is a close second platinum for me)

Edited by AustinMichael1
  • Like 3

Beat Salt Factory dark world without dying.. To bad I never got the trophy for some reason. *yay*

I heard you're allowed to do the levels in any order, is that not true? Because I done levels 12-20 then done the first 11. If you're not allowed to I'll just do it in order but if my game just bugged or some other weird shit I'll just give up on getting all the trophies.

22 minutes ago, WickleWummy said:

Beat Salt Factory dark world without dying.. To bad I never got the trophy for some reason. *yay*

I heard you're allowed to do the levels in any order, is that not true? Because I done levels 12-20 then done the first 11. If you're not allowed to I'll just do it in order but if my game just bugged or some other weird shit I'll just give up on getting all the trophies.

DId you use Tim at all during your run? His special ability voids the trophy.

Edited by Smzthy-

4 minutes ago, Smzthy- said:

DId you use Tim at all during your run? His special ability voids the trophy.

Oh that's it. I used him for level 11 since it was faster, probably won't take too long to complete now that I know that (hopefully)

I can see why they'd do that. Don't know why I didn't think of that, thanks though

• Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 3:32 PM, AustinMichael1 said:

So I was looking at my trophy lists last night and it has been a little over 1 year since I got the platinum for this game. I had originally only played this game to keep me busy until Star Ocean 5 came out, but then as the months went on I became more and more dedicated to getting this platinum. I had been discouraged because the earlier no death runs were wrecking me. But, thanks to a lot of the people who were constant posters on this thread last year, I had sucked it up and worked hard to get the gaol achieved. And now here was the very run that earned me my most proudest platinum to this day (DragonBall Fighterz is a close second platinum for me)

Very nice run!  You even did it in order?  I would have choked for sure on lvl 20 if I tried it last.  :P

Here's mine in case anyone's interested:

I'm still very happy about this one ~10 days later.  :)

Welp think I finally give up on getting platinum on this thing, after zombie boy I just went through all the light and dark Cotton Alley levels, light world seems fairly doable but fuck the dark world man. There's levels like 7-7X and 7-9X that I find fairly hard but 7-19X is literal hell. When trying to beat that level I honestly think I had more attempts than the ones I had in total for zombie boy. Screw practicing all the other levels since I can't even beat one of them. Like that top part I don't know why but I just can't do it for the life of me, I looked up what other people did and from what I could til they just never used the run button during it but I still can only get partway through every like 30 tries. Might go back to this in the future but as of right now lost all motivation to even attempt to beat even the light world. Don't know how I did it the first time but I literally can't do it now for some reason.

Will probably just go through a few other games I got and finish those before going back to this (hopefully ones that don't require you to get a trophy with the word impossible in it ;D)

• Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 0:36 AM, WickleWummy said:

Welp think I finally give up on getting platinum on this thing, after zombie boy I just went through all the light and dark Cotton Alley levels, light world seems fairly doable but fuck the dark world man. There's levels like 7-7X and 7-9X that I find fairly hard but 7-19X is literal hell. When trying to beat that level I honestly think I had more attempts than the ones I had in total for zombie boy. Screw practicing all the other levels since I can't even beat one of them. Like that top part I don't know why but I just can't do it for the life of me, I looked up what other people did and from what I could til they just never used the run button during it but I still can only get partway through every like 30 tries. Might go back to this in the future but as of right now lost all motivation to even attempt to beat even the light world. Don't know how I did it the first time but I literally can't do it now for some reason.

Will probably just go through a few other games I got and finish those before going back to this (hopefully ones that don't require you to get a trophy with the word impossible in it ;D)

7-19x takes practice to get the timing right.  You're right, to get through the last part you don't use the run button and just try to jump right after each sawblade.  It's one of those levels that isn't that bad once you get it practiced to where you can do it.  But, that could take some time.

Whatever you decide to do from here, congrats on getting Zombie Boy!

Well, after having a go at the cotton alley levels I think the time has come for me to sack this game off. 

Its just too annoying. I got zombie boy and that was taxing enough. There were around 8 levels in that that I kept messing up on so got those out of the way First before the rest. Dark rapture world had lots of levels that it was easy to mess up on with the slightest thing. Cotton alley world is most levels pretty much, I don't even want to think about how much of a pain in the ass dark world is! 

Least I can say I got zombie boy, demon boy and the rest. 

..... Yea it's just more annoying than fun and I really don't enjoy playing it anymore in all honesty. Not worth wasting any more time on I shall play games I actually enjoy playing. This is beyond fuckng stupid lols. 

12 hours ago, dmland12 said:

7-19x takes practice to get the timing right.  You're right, to get through the last part you don't use the run button and just try to jump right after each sawblade.  It's one of those levels that isn't that bad once you get it practiced to where you can do it.  But, that could take some time.

Whatever you decide to do from here, congrats on getting Zombie Boy!

Thanks, though surprisingly enough the no death trophy that took the longest is still Blood Clot Boy since I kept making so many dumb mistakes. 

Either way I'll most likely finish it anyway since I only have 2 trophies left and it'll just make me feel like I wasted my time on the other 10 no death trophies. I'll probably just finish a game or two I have on-hold before going for it again, will probably just spend a weekend I'm free to just practice the shit out of the levels. 

Whoever beats Zombie Boy, can get the platinum. 

I disliked Rapture Dark so much. IMO Girl Boy is easier than Zombie Boy; and Impossible Boy is only a bitch when you first start playing it.

I thought, that the laser and Hellmouth levels were insane, but became some of the easiest levels in the end. In fact, there were only around 5 levels on Dark Cotton, that I wasnt 100% confident on; and the rest was only keeping my cool

Key for me was finding the right order to play the levels. Some levels are easy, but become hard, when pressure is on you.

I also switched between Analog and D-Pad for some levels; but used D-Pad most of the time.

Anyway GL to all. 

• Like 4