SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

We'll I'm not raging exactly, but I'm starting to lose momentum. 100%-ing the first world is not a problem, and it seems that the no dying trophy is very doable in the Forest. Later on it gets hard. Good thing that the levels are fairly short (3-10 seconds), so it's not very demanding on your endurance, it doesn't require the player to stay inside the game for an extended period of time.

But... yeah. 100% precision and attention and a dash of luck is needed. 

Getting the platinum in a fair way will require a nightmarish amount of dedication. 

Haven't played this yet but i'm dreading it, especially the platinum. Could you imagine if you did earn platinum though, you'd feel like a boss.

Guys I am at college, unable to play my ps4 at the moment. Someone fill me in. How bad is it?

Take my opinion with a grain of salt, but so far it will be 10/10, 100h+ to platinum this, at least.

• Like 3

Is this harder than Spelunky, I know Spelunky doesn't have a plat but I just started it and its pretty damn hard especially completing the game in 8 minutes ...

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say it's as precision as precision platformers get. It's very hard, but also very more-ish because reloading from a death is almost instant and levels are never longer than 20-25 seconds when executed well.

• Like 1

Is this harder than Spelunky, I know Spelunky doesn't have a plat but I just started it and its pretty damn hard especially completing the game in 8 minutes ...

Then there's more of the original called Spelunker, which had a HD remake for PS3 called Spelunker HD and it's JP only release called Spelunker Black. Later they released Spelunker Collection, which is pretty much some of the original games released in a collection for PS3. I saw Square Enix release a F2P game called Spelunker Z. In any case, those are more the original games that Spelunky is based on. Spelunky is more action oriented. In the original Spelunker games you got pretty much no type of weapon and you die from one hit etc. Spelunker HD got 9 DLCs... anyways, those are damn hard remixes of the original 100 levels... :o To 100%, you gotta complete 190 levels twice, both solo and co-op and in both modes collect all 190 collectibles. ;p The levels can vary a bit in co-op. Anyways, 190, because 10 remixed levels were free without trophies. To get the secret ending though, you gotta get all 200 collectibles, but no trophy for that. :P Without taking advantage of a little exploit, the DLCs would have been 10/10 easily. I thought I was pretty good, and some other dude was like tons better, but we didn't make it through a single DLC legit in co-op. He may have been able to, but I don't know if he ever did them co-op online. I mean, we got 75% through the DLC just to run out of lives. Yeah, not infinite lives here. ;o

Have fun with SMB and Spelunky though!

• Like 1

What the first achievers videos highlight is you can exit to the map without it being counted as a death, this is useful information (in my opinion) for those who didn't already know

That was already posted on two other threads here, I guess that anyone going for this platinum had at least made the basic research, no?

Is bitching without having played the game allowed? Because merely watching the PS4 streams for this game made me feel like throwing my controller out of the window.  :lol:

Definitely not my type of game - even acing LBP1/LBP2 and Sound Shapes' death modes gave me a hell lot of stress, so I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole! I'll keep my platforming skills in its current casual level, thanks.

Good luck to everyone trying it!

Edited by Guimace
  • Like 1

I knew I gonna bitch something about this game. The fuckin kid warp zone level is ridiculous. So much death so much hate. All this fuckin work just to unlock him. At first I didnt know what his ability was till I know he can double jump. Great for the game that doesnt tell me. After more of an hour fof bullshit, the second levels appears and it a bit less harder than the first one. After more of an hour of failng... THIS APPEAR

WCykawM.jpg

FUCK THIS GAME! FUCK THIS LEVEL! FUCK THE SECRET CHARACTER! probably aint worth my shitass time!!

pheu its nice to release stress from here  :D 

You gotta love how the icon looks like troll face :awesome:

• Like 2

Omg, I finished this game xD It took me few hours and my fingers literally hurt. Some of the levels in worlds 5-6 were HELL.

YgpIU7g.jpg

I know there are some bonus levels but fuck it. I'm done. 

Beat everything again without dying? No fuckin way. Never xDDD

Also, anyone knows why trophy list is not showing up on my PSN profile after syncing? Weird. Probably just server problems.

Edited by Rollers23

Just beat it and I wish it was a disc game, so I could chuck it out the window.  I'm not going for the platinum, NO WAY, and likely am not even touching the bonus stuff.  Fun, but frustrating.  This is one of the best feelings I've had after conquering a game.

The feeling is even better when you unlock The Kid. Try that before you delete the game.

I knew I gonna bitch something about this game. The fuckin kid warp zone level is ridiculous. So much death so much hate. All this fuckin work just to unlock him. At first I didnt know what his ability was till I know he can double jump. Great for the game that doesnt tell me. After more of an hour fof bullshit, the second levels appears and it a bit less harder than the first one. After more of an hour of failng... THIS APPEAR

WCykawM.jpg

FUCK THIS GAME! FUCK THIS LEVEL! FUCK THE SECRET CHARACTER! probably aint worth my shitass time!!

pheu its nice to release stress from here  :D 

The Kid warpzone was really extremly hard , took me 2 h . first screen was learning the perfect execution of double jump , second one was learning the rythm (turning of the music helps)  and last one ..... i dont know what to say .... it was just crap..... spike walls are way to fast . took me longest to learn last one .  But the kid is awesome character for the deathless runs (and for bandages)