SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

12 minutes ago, DJY8898 said:

10 fucking days of trial, error and frustration and Girl Boy is finally mine. Persistence and diligence is a virtue. @Spaz If I can can get Girl Boy, then I guarantee that you can as well. Missile Boy or Zombie Boy, here I come. Also, Girl Boy is MUCH rarer but my PS4 still says Blood Clot Boy is my top trophy earned. Does anyone know why it does that?

I can probably get Girl Boy in two to three days if I put in the time.

Impossible Boy is another story altogether. I cannot do 7-2X well at all.

But great job man. Super Meat Boy is a proud platinum to get.

Edited by Spaz

23 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I can probably get Girl Boy in two to three days if I put in the time.

Impossible Boy is another story altogether. I cannot do 7-2X well at all.

But great job man. Super Meat Boy is a proud platinum to get.

Thanks. Due to Girl Boy taking 10 days to complete, Zombie Boy might be similar in days, Missile Boy might be the same (or less once I get the missile timing down), but Impossible Boy on the other hand, since I'm not very good at most of the levels except for a couple, it might take longer. Much longer. Also, as I've said above, Blood Clot Boy is still my top trophy earned when I hover over SMB in the PS4 menu despite the rarer No-Death trophies. Hell, it will probably stay that way even when I get the Platinum unless I obtain a trophy in another game.

6 hours ago, DJY8898 said:

10 fucking days of trial, error and frustration and Girl Boy is finally mine. Persistence and diligence is a virtue. @Spaz If I can can get Girl Boy, then I guarantee that you can as well. Missile Boy or Zombie Boy, here I come. Also, Girl Boy is MUCH rarer but my PS4 still says Blood Clot Boy is my top trophy earned. Does anyone know why it does that?

Congrats!

There's a lot of trophies from this game with the same rarity on PSN (0.1%), and PSN seems to have trouble sorting these out correctly when this is the case.

14 hours ago, DJY8898 said:

10 fucking days of trial, error and frustration and Girl Boy is finally mine. Persistence and diligence is a virtue. @Spaz If I can get Girl Boy, then I guarantee that you can as well. Missile Boy or Zombie Boy, here I come. Also, Girl Boy is MUCH rarer but my PS4 still says Blood Clot Boy is my top trophy earned. Does anyone know why it does that?

Nice one man. Congrats on that. Your definitely on your way to the platinum now. I’ll hopefully have my 100% trophy done tonight and after I’ll get back into demon boy. If you can do girl boy you pull missile boy off with some practice. Good luck ?

3 hours ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

5000th Trophy and 50th Platinum

Super Meat Boy !

The Journey is finally over, what a fantastic but also difficult Game.
Enjoyed it till the End. :)

I will write a long Review, when my Hands stop shaking. :D

I did Girl Boy and Impossible Boy from Level 1-20, I have no idea how I did that :'DDD

Congratulations. Definitely a proud accomplishment. I will be striving to get the Platinum as well but sadly because of my sweat conditions, going back to work in a couple of weeks and not being as competent; it will take me longer to achieve the Platinum. Other than that, as someone who has beaten the game recently, do you have any direct tips for Missile Boy, Zombie Boy and Impossible Boy?

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 8:58 AM, ZachSmoke said:

Nice one man. Congrats on that. Your definitely on your way to the platinum now. I’ll hopefully have my 100% trophy done tonight and after I’ll get back into demon boy. If you can do girl boy you pull missile boy off with some practice. Good luck ?

Though it's a day late, I saw your profile and noticed you got "I'm A Golden God!". Congrats. Demon Boy is a pain, but it becomes very manageable with practice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DJY8898 said:

Though it's a day late, I saw your profile and noticed you got "I'm A Golden God!". Congrats. Demon Boy is a pain, but it becomes very manageable with practice.

Thank you. I was only missing a few dark rapture levels for it. I’ll snag demon boy soon enough. Just need some time off to practice a few more of those levels. Also the “demon maws” enemy or what ever it’s name is are extremely frustrating to dodge. It’s the only thing I can’t figure out how to properly get around them. Dark hell has a lot of levels with these guys so I’m in for a great time.. 

Edited by ZachSmoke

Missile Boy - the trophy that made me throw in the towel twice is finally mine. 3 days of manipulating missiles. I must admit, it was easier compared to Demon Boy and Girl Boy but it was definitely more annoying. Zombie Boy is not going to be pleasant.

Edited by DJY8898
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, DJY8898 said:

Missile Boy - the trophy that made me throw in the towel twice is finally mine. 3 days of manipulating missiles. I must admit, it was easier compared to Demon Boy and Girl Boy but it was definitely more annoying. Zombie Boy is not going to be pleasant.

Missile Boy is definitely a brutal iron man run. It also made me quit the game for a few months due to the difficulty increase. I’m back and only have four trophies left. Just got maggot boy today before work. I was working on Demon Boy however every now and then I like to switch of the worlds and levels so I don’t drive myself insane with failure, lol. Either way I’m going to pop that platinum one of these days ?

Edited by ZachSmoke
  • Like 1

7 days of cruelty... Zombie Boy is finally mine. Definitely more intense than Girl Boy. Now, all that stands between me and the Platinum is Impossible Boy. But as Green Z-Saber says "Hardest Iron Man yet? Yes. Impossible? No." Sadly I will be going back to work in a few days so I won't be able to practice as much as I want to. Oh well, patience is key.

• Like 4

On 8/12/2018 at 9:13 PM, DJY8898 said:

7 days of cruelty... Zombie Boy is finally mine. Definitely more intense than Girl Boy. Now, all that stands between me and the Platinum is Impossible Boy. But as Green Z-Saber says "Hardest Iron Man yet? Yes. Impossible? No." Sadly I will be going back to work in a few days so I won't be able to practice as much as I want to. Oh well, patience is key.

I personally think Girl Boy is harder.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

I personally think Girl Boy is harder.

I can agree with that. Girl Boy was more difficult overall but it became easier with time. Zombie Boy has a few easy levels but there are also levels that have a high chance of messing up. I took my time on Girl Boy (10 days) due to difficulty and efficient practice but Zombie Boy was 7 days of stress for me. Sure it got easier overtime, but my excessive sweating ruined a few too many good runs.

2 minutes ago, DJY8898 said:

I can agree with that. Girl Boy was more difficult overall but it became easier with time. Zombie Boy has a few easy levels but there are also levels that have a high chance of messing up. I took my time on Girl Boy (10 days) due to difficulty and efficient practice but Zombie Boy was 7 days of stress for me. Sure it got easier overtime, but my excessive sweating ruined a few too many good runs.

Part of the difficulty comes from the fact that you can't play anyone else in Cotton Alley. For Zombie Boy some levels were a lot easier with other characters, such as The Kid. Even used the Spelunker guy on one of the levels which made it easier too.

If I practice every day for a hour I will very likely get it within a week. 7-16 however can piss right the hell off. Terrible level. 7-20 can be tough due to how long it is, much easier to do if you make that one of your early levels.

7-7 can be bad but it's not as bad as 7-16. 7-10 and 7-11 can be nerve wracking but they're all about finding that pattern.

The rest is just building up a nice rhythm without dying. Not too hard.

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Part of the difficulty comes from the fact that you can't play anyone else in Cotton Alley. For Zombie Boy some levels were a lot easier with other characters, such as The Kid. Even used the Spelunker guy on one of the levels which made it easier too.

If I practice every day for a hour I will very likely get it within a week. 7-16 however can piss right the hell off. Terrible level. 7-20 can be tough due to how long it is, much easier to do if you make that one of your early levels.

7-7 can be bad but it's not as bad as 7-16. 7-10 and 7-11 can be nerve wracking but they're all about finding that pattern.

The rest is just building up a nice rhythm without dying. Not too hard.

I did 7-20, 7-10, 7-19, 7-7 and 7-16 as my first levels. 7-15 and 7-11 became two of my last levels once I found the pattern. With practice, I'm sure you can get it. I, on the other hand have Impossible Boy to deal with.

1 hour ago, DJY8898 said:

I did 7-20, 7-10, 7-19, 7-7 and 7-16 as my first levels. 7-15 and 7-11 became two of my last levels once I found the pattern. With practice, I'm sure you can get it. I, on the other hand have Impossible Boy to deal with.

You can easily screw up if you do 7-11 as one of your last levels.

Probably going to take a break after I get Girl Boy. Doing Impossible Boy right after is just going to piss me off.

• 2 weeks later...

Well shit. Now that I'm back at work, I won't be able to practice Impossible Boy as much as I want to. I've noticed that my gameplay has become volatile - one day I do really well (7/20), the other - all my muscle memory is gone and I die on every level numerous times. I've also noticed that the past few days, there hasn't been any frustration. It seems I've become completely accustomed to accepting death every time I mess up instead of pausing and starting again right before an error. I really need to work on that before "throwing in the towel" has the possibility of becoming an option. But as long as I get the trophy regardless, then I don't care how long it takes me despite my incompetence and the amount of players getting the Platinum flawlessly. YouTube videos aren't really helping on the other hand.

Edited by DJY8898
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, DJY8898 said:

Well shit. Now that I'm back at work, I won't be able to practice Impossible Boy as much as I want to. I've noticed that my gameplay has become volatile - one day I do really well (7/20), the other - all my muscle memory is gone and I die on every level numerous times. Only 7-9X, 7-14X and 7-20X I haven't beaten on first attempt. I've also noticed that the past few days, there hasn't been any frustration. It seems I've become completely accustomed to accepting death every time I mess up instead of pausing and starting again right before an error. I really need to work on that before "throwing in the towel" has the possibility of becoming an option. But as long as I get the trophy regardless, then I don't care how long it takes me despite my incompetence and the amount of players getting the Platinum flawlessly. YouTube videos aren't really helping on the other hand.

I don't know how far back, but someone did in fact post that Impossible Boy took them 70 hours of practice. That is no joke right there, but I have a hunch that guy is not exactly great at platformer games.

I wouldn't worry about this too much. I have practiced a little here and there on Girl Boy but I haven't really gone after Super Meat Boy hard since I did Zombie Boy six months ago. I can do most of the levels without issues. 7-20 still gets to me because of how long that level is. 7-10 and 7-11 are rather inconsistent as far as me getting through them without dying. Then of course there's 7-7 and 7-16, which are always nice to play.

Don't waste your time trying to get on the Fastest Achievers leaderboard. Unless you're truly dedicated and skilled enough I would absolutely not bother with that at all. Go at your own pace, which is really what we should be doing regardless of what game we play.

I'll get this platinum eventually, I just don't know when. But I don't let that get to me, I'll get through it when I'll get through it.

• Like 4

I had a few hours on it this week going after girl boy.  Well atm there are 8 levels that I'm useless at, bear in mind I really havn't been in the mood for it and hate using that character so that really doesn't help at all.  I'll definately be sacking it off for a while longer as I just don't have the patience right now and just can not be arsed at all lols.  Oh and FUCK those levels with the fans and gravity balls!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I don't know how far back, but someone did in fact post that Impossible Boy took them 70 hours of practice. That is no joke right there, but I have a hunch that guy is not exactly great at platformer games.

I wouldn't worry about this too much. I have practiced a little here and there on Girl Boy but I haven't really gone after Super Meat Boy hard since I did Zombie Boy six months ago. I can do most of the levels without issues. 7-20 still gets to me because of how long that level is. 7-10 and 7-11 are rather inconsistent as far as me getting through them without dying. Then of course there's 7-7 and 7-16, which are always nice to play.

Don't waste your time trying to get on the Fastest Achievers leaderboard. Unless you're truly dedicated and skilled enough I would absolutely not bother with that at all. Go at your own pace, which is really what we should be doing regardless of what game we play.

I'll get this platinum eventually, I just don't know when. But I don't let that get to me, I'll get through it when I'll get through it.

Thanks for the motivation. Looking back at this, it does sound pessimistically silly. Leaderboards are the least of my concerns. Due to how slippery I am, I'm definitely going to break the record for most deaths - close to 60,000; but that doesn't bother me anymore. Its just a number that increases. Due to work - lifting and unpacking boxes for 6-7 hours in a convenient store is exhausting so dying more and lacking muscle memory is understandable simply because I'm tired. Most levels, with the right mindset, I can beat consistently except for the ones I mentioned above. I just need to practice more on those specific levels when I can.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DJY8898 said:

Thanks for the motivation. Looking back at this, it does sound pessimistically silly. Leaderboards are the least of my concerns. Due to how slippery I am, I'm definitely going to break the record for most deaths - close to 60,000; but that doesn't bother me anymore. Its just a number that increases. Due to work - lifting and unpacking boxes for 6-7 hours in a convenient store is exhausting so dying more and lacking muscle memory is understandable simply because I'm tired. Most levels, with the right mindset, I can beat consistently except for the ones I mentioned above. I just need to practice more on those specific levels when I can.

I must be pretty damn good if I'm only at 11,700 deaths so far.

Not to brag about it or anything. Just irks me when people have some ridiculous number like 40,000 - 70,000+ deaths.

Fun fact. I worked at a Dollar Tree Distribution Center for over two years doing your job. Will never do that again.