SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

14 hours ago, Blazhead said:

Nah i don't Say that, i only play both on Playstation, i say Pc comunauty Say that

Unless you have extensive time and knowledge on both games or all games you mentioned then you can't actually say what the difficulty is on any. You can say I think it will be around 8/10 or 9/10 or I heard it was 9/10 but saying something like Crypt of the Necrodancer ain't a 10/10 without ever playing it at all is stupid same goes for SMB ( You are pretty early on in that game ) I know someone with all games you mentioned done legitimately and he stands by CoTN being the hardest plat right now. 

Anyway this is about SMB so back on topic. Personally I found all my no deaths were a few hrs practice apart from the first 3 lights which were pretty much minutes, impossible boy took me 5hrs spread through a month as I really burnt myself out on this game. I saw people mentioning 7,7. If people don't know there's a pixel perfect jump that will send you straight to the top also on 7,8 I jump get key and instantly jump back (always worked for me ) by instantly I literally mean instantly, no setting up to jump. 7,15 im sure everyone knows the trick to that. Pretty sure I put this all somewhere but here it is again ( if I did )

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Anyway this is about SMB so back on topic. Personally I found all my no deaths were a few hrs practice apart from the first 3 lights which were pretty much minutes, impossible boy took me 5hrs spread through a month as I really burnt myself out on this game. I saw people mentioning 7,7. If people don't know there's a pixel perfect jump that will send you straight to the top also on 7,8 I jump get key and instantly jump back (always worked for me ) by instantly I literally mean instantly, no setting up to jump. 7,15 im sure everyone knows the trick to that. Pretty sure I put this all somewhere but here it is again ( if I did )

I've spent almost a month trying to get Impossible Boy and I'm still going. Here is my current progress:

Deathless: 7-4X, 7-6X, 7-7X, 7-10X, 7-11X, 7-18X

A few deaths: 7-2X, 7-5X, 7-8X, 7-13X, 7-19X

A lot of deaths: 7-1X, 7-14X, 7-15X

Deaths due to poor timing but slowly getting better: 7-3X, 7-9X, 7-12X, 7-17X

Terrible: 7-16X, 7-20X

But overall, I've definitely improved compared to when I first started. However, a simple "slip-of-the-thumbs" and lack of focus due to being tired or frustrated has ruined a lot of potentially progressive runs.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2018 at 4:13 AM, DJY8898 said:

But overall, I've definitely improved compared to when I first started. However, a simple "slip-of-the-thumbs" and lack of focus due to being tired or frustrated has ruined a lot of potentially progressive runs.

Makes you wonder how the fuck some people got the platinum in just two - three days. The fastest guy got the platinum in under a single day! That’s insane.

When this game came out for PS4 and Vita I recall the first platinum achiever to have already spent hundreds of hours playing Super Meat Boy. If he did, props to him. 

Still I look at some of these guys and they’re pushing 15 - 20,000 trophies. Hardcore trophy hunters for sure.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Makes you wonder how the fuck some people got the platinum in just two - three days. The fastest guy got the platinum in under a single day! That’s insane.

When this game came out for PS4 and Vita I recall the first platinum achiever to have already spent hundreds of hours playing Super Meat Boy. If he did, props to him. 

Still I look at some of these guys and they’re pushing 15 - 20,000 trophies. Hardcore trophy hunters for sure.

Many of them are for sure legit and done with hard work but i'm sure there are more than few bought from trophy services. There are people with 1500 easy games and than boooom Meatboy done in 3-5 days lol.

Edited by PlatynowyKot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

The games been out 2010. So its a given that people can do it quick. 

Im surprised people havent done it quicker than 23hrs as its possible to do a 106% run in under 2hrs and a few no deaths will happen along the way. 

Also I agree with @PlatynowyKot on a few being trophy services. Another thing is I know a few people who use a 2nd account and then plat on their main account resulting in a very quick plat time although in reality it took months

• Like 1

MatteSMB set a world record: 106% run in 1:12:03. He also did a Dark Cotton no death run during one of his WR attempts, casually. 

I think most people who are able to platinum the game in a few hours simply dont care about fastest achiever on PSNP and mostly play on PC anyway. Same goes for Trials Fusion for example. The fact that I am able to be in the Top 15 shows me that the dedicated community of Trials doesnt really care about PSNP fastest achiever either. Just take a look at some of those insane Ninja 6 or 7 tracks. The 100% should be no problem at all for those players.

Edited by Mori

10 minutes ago, Mori said:

MatteSMB set a world record: 106% run in 1:12:03. He also did a Dark Cotton no death run during one of his WR attempts, casually. 

I think most people who are able to platinum the game in a few hours simply dont care about fastest achiever on PSNP and mostly play on PC anyway. Same goes for Trials Fusion for example. The fact that I am able to be in the Top 15 shows me that the dedicated community of Trials doesnt really care about PSNP fastest achiever either. Just take a look at some of those insane Ninja 6 or 7 tracks. The 100% should be no problem at all for those players.

Reason I said under 2hrs is because its unlikely you are doing a WR run. Thats true about the community I saw a few do a 100% challenge run on fusion in an insane time.

I might try get a 5hr or less plat time SMB on an alt account, although I haven't played in a long time. Who knows I might go for it.

34 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

[...]

I might try get a 5hr or less plat time SMB on an alt account, although I haven't played in a long time. Who knows I might go for it.

That would be a great accomplishment. Best of luck to you, if you are going for it.

6 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

The games been out 2010. So its a given that people can do it quick. 

Im surprised people havent done it quicker than 23hrs as its possible to do a 106% run in under 2hrs and a few no deaths will happen along the way. 

Also I agree with @PlatynowyKot on a few being trophy services. Another thing is I know a few people who use a 2nd account and then plat on their main account resulting in a very quick plat time although in reality it took months

True. These are the same kinds of people who can beat the first Super Mario Bros in under 10 minutes.

That's what I meant in that the first platinum achiever for this game already spent hundreds of hours playing the PC version. Still, getting all trophies within two days is pretty damn respectable.

I automatically discredit accounts that are trophy services. I know the top trophy hunter has his own trophy service, but why would you fucking pay hundreds of dollars for him to platinum a game?

1 hour ago, Mori said:

I find a lot of speedrunners only play specific games and stick to them.

Personally I don't care about the Fastest Achievers list in most games, but stuff like Super Meat Boy and Trials Fusion I'm always amazed when people pull ridiculous numbers.

1 hour ago, lilpain97 said:

Reason I said under 2hrs is because its unlikely you are doing a WR run. Thats true about the community I saw a few do a 100% challenge run on fusion in an insane time.

Well you got both Atari Classic platinums along with a slew of under 1 percent platinums in various games. Respect to you if you go for it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spaz said:

True. These are the same kinds of people who can beat the first Super Mario Bros in under 10 minutes.

That's what I meant in that the first platinum achiever for this game already spent hundreds of hours playing the PC version. Still, getting all trophies within two days is pretty damn respectable.

I automatically discredit accounts that are trophy services. I know the top trophy hunter has his own trophy service, but why would you fucking pay hundreds of dollars for him to platinum a game?

Personally I don't care about the Fastest Achievers list in most games, but stuff like Super Meat Boy and Trials Fusion I'm always amazed when people pull ridiculous numbers.

Well you got both Atari Classic platinums along with a slew of under 1 percent platinums in various games. Respect to you if you go for it.

Agreed on that. All those that got plat in a few days is insane.

Thanks man and good luck with getting this plat done !

32 minutes ago, Spaz said:

If you want to feel what true pain feels like Spaz then you should forget about SMB and play Ikaruga instead ? 

8 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

If you want to feel what true pain feels like Spaz then you should forget about SMB and play Ikaruga instead 1f602.png 

So, you think Ikaruga plat rarity (1,12%) doesn't exactly reflect true difficulty of obtaining it? ?

Some percentage thinking - SMB is definitely a soul-crushing game (I still struggle with IB, even after 100%-ing game on Steam), and one thing also bothers me a little - how rare would this platinum be without the game being in PS+? We didn't have opportunity to check as game was released in PS+ for free and since then was <0,16% and very slowly rising. SMB also has unappealing visuals, so a lot of people rejects it from the start. I try to compare SMB to Wolfenstein II (more appealing appereance means more casual people interests in it. I personally think it also has more demanding platinum, sitting currently at 0,63% rarity), and with this SMB would be ~0,5% plat without PS+, maybe?

So, is anybody out there who got both SMB and Wolfenstein II plats and can compare them (I know they're different genres but anyway)?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sashamence said:

So, you think Ikaruga plat rarity (1,12%) doesn't exactly reflect true difficulty of obtaining it? 1f604.png

Some percentage thinking - SMB is definitely a soul-crushing game (I still struggle with IB, even after 100%-ing game on Steam), and one thing also bothers me a little - how rare would this platinum be without the game being in PS+? We didn't have opportunity to check as game was released in PS+ for free and since then was <0,16% and very slowly rising. SMB also has unappealing visuals, so a lot of people rejects it from the start. I try to compare SMB to Wolfenstein II (more appealing appereance means more casual people interests in it. I personally think it also has more demanding platinum, sitting currently at 0,63% rarity), and with this SMB would be ~0,5% plat without PS+, maybe?

So, is anybody out there who got both SMB and Wolfenstein II plats and can compare them (I know they're different genres but anyway)?

Ikaruga is shear hell and really separates the men from the boys. Trust me Theres not many games out there that beat it difficulty wise. But just like SMB (and unlike I am bread, and Nuclear Throne)  above all, its fair.

It will be under 1% in the future. Trust me. Once all the shmup masters have beaten it, and all thats left are novice players, the rarity will drop. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sashamence said:

So, you think Ikaruga plat rarity (1,12%) doesn't exactly reflect true difficulty of obtaining it? 1f604.png

The 1.12% rarity is no way near the true rarity. 

Also compare them like what? Difficulty? As I know a few who say Wolfenstein 2 is a 8.5/10. I can't fully comment as I never bothered with my full run of mein leben ( Possibly worst fps in recent years imo so im taking a break ) but I consider these people pretty hardcore ( Hate using that term ) so take it with a grain of salt. I can say Wolfenstein 2 has been ripped apart and so many strats were found to make the run easier and I know a few people who don't even like or do difficult games pull it off ( Not saying they are bad in anyway if you have plat congrats! )

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sashamence said:

I have Wolfenstein 2 platinum and Meatboy @ Zombie Boy atm on this account  @bezdomnekoty and i can say that Meatboy is more difficult for me idk why maybe because i never played games like this. On the other hand i found mein leben pretty easy maybe that's because i play mainly FPS games who knows ?. And i agree with you if MB was not in PS+ it would be around 0.5% - 0.6% like Wolfie 2 is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

Agreed on that. All those that got plat in a few days is insane.

Thanks man and good luck with getting this plat done !

I haven’t played Super Meat Boy with all that much effort since I got Zombie Boy several months back. I’m just too lazy to bother spending 5 - 10 hours perfecting the levels. 

2 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

If you want to feel what true pain feels like Spaz then you should forget about SMB and play Ikaruga instead 1f602.png 

Yeah, no thanks. 

I don’t mind stuff like OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood or even Vanquish, Catherine, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus or Downwell.

Ikaruga, like Cloudberry Kingdom and Crypt of the Necrodancer is just nuts. Anyone who has those completed I have lots of respect for. 

2 hours ago, sashamence said:

Rarity =/= Difficulty. 

Bloodborne is a difficult game for how high those trophy percentages are. Then there’s stuff like Dust: An Elysian Tail that wasn’t difficult at all, but has much lower trophy percentages.

1 hour ago, KaKrackle said:

It will be under 1% in the future. Trust me. Once all the shmup masters have beaten it, and all thats left are novice players, the rarity will drop. 

That is if people will actually buy and play it. 

1 hour ago, lilpain97 said:

The 1.12% rarity is no way near the true rarity. 

Also compare them like what? Difficulty? As I know a few who say Wolfenstein 2 is a 8.5/10. I can't fully comment as I never bothered with my full run of mein leben ( Possibly worst fps in recent years imo so im taking a break ) but I consider these people pretty hardcore ( Hate using that term ) so take it with a grain of salt. I can say Wolfenstein 2 has been ripped apart and so many strats were found to make the run easier and I know a few people who don't even like or do difficult games pull it off ( Not saying they are bad in anyway if you have plat congrats! )

How is Wolfenstein 2 the worst FPS in recent years?

57 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

Im thinking that Bethesda is gonna continue the mein leben trend in Doom Eternal, by including a full ultra nightmare play through trophy. Bronze grade of course....

I thought it was up to the developers to make the trophy lists. The reboot Wolfenstein games and the reboot DOOM weren’t made by the same company. 

Bethesda is the publisher. 

On 30.8.2018 at 1:13 PM, DJY8898 said:

I've spent almost a month trying to get Impossible Boy and I'm still going. Here is my current progress:

Deathless: 7-4X, 7-6X, 7-7X, 7-10X, 7-11X, 7-18X

A few deaths: 7-2X, 7-5X, 7-8X, 7-13X, 7-19X

A lot of deaths: 7-1X, 7-14X, 7-15X

Deaths due to poor timing but slowly getting better: 7-3X, 7-9X, 7-12X, 7-17X

I'm pretty much at your point according to deaths, 7-14X is almost deathless it all comes down to the landing after the key, i get this like 80% of the time now. 7-15X also not that bad, if you're quick enough. Can't really remember when i failed it the last time. 7-1X also very inconsistent, due to the jump from the one side to the other (over the first saw blade below). Either i go too quickly or barely too slow. 7-12X was easy before but now i mess up, somehow it seems like the gaps between the saw blades varies. Might help out waiting for the next when going from the key to the bottom. 7-17X i've got a solid strategy until the jump for the finish, so maybe a 80% there too. 7-16X horrible, even if using the exit method. I'll most likely end up doing it as one of my 3 first levels. 7-20X also horrible, but i've found it way more manageable when taking your time, after you let the saws pass you.

Other then those i'm pretty much in the same boat, mostly hitting up to 8/20 deathless. It's all about breaking the 13/20 (record 12/20), and the rest shouldn't be too hard. Unless the nerves get to me.

2 minutes ago, OJ9999vr said:

~snip~

You can do it.

Got a pretty solid account there with some impressive games under your belt. Saw your account getting reviewed on KingSuperOne's Youtube Channel.

It's very good you're that consistent with attempting Impossible Boy. I can't even go three - four levels without dying a bunch of times, because of how hard those levels are compared with Light Cotton Alley, which is a LOT easier.

Edited by Spaz

Thanks, hope to do it in the next couple of days. It’s been hard to get enough time in due to work, and when i’ve had the time i was to tired to focus properly.

I’m sure you’ll get alot further if you play more regulary. I went from 2-3,5,8,12 and then i had to work alot so i lot my touch. I’m guessing 2h+ each day would do alot, preferably around 5h if possible.

Don’t know how cotton alley light would be yet, that 7-11 level seems hard getting consistantly, and possibly 7-3.

Anyways, wish you luck with the remaining bit.

3 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

I'm pretty much at your point according to deaths, 7-14X is almost deathless it all comes down to the landing after the key, i get this like 80% of the time now. 7-15X also not that bad, if you're quick enough. Can't really remember when i failed it the last time. 7-1X also very inconsistent, due to the jump from the one side to the other (over the first saw blade below). Either i go too quickly or barely too slow. 7-12X was easy before but now i mess up, somehow it seems like the gaps between the saw blades varies. Might help out waiting for the next when going from the key to the bottom. 7-17X i've got a solid strategy until the jump for the finish, so maybe a 80% there too. 7-16X horrible, even if using the exit method. I'll most likely end up doing it as one of my 3 first levels. 7-20X also horrible, but i've found it way more manageable when taking your time, after you let the saws pass you.

Other then those i'm pretty much in the same boat, mostly hitting up to 8/20 deathless. It's all about breaking the 13/20 (record 12/20), and the rest shouldn't be too hard. Unless the nerves get to me.

I posted an updated progression on the "Tips for Missile, Demon, Zombie, Girl and Impossible Boy" thread. This is my progress now:

Deathless: 7-2X, 7-4X, 7-5X, 7-6X, 7-7X, 7-10X, 7-11X, 7-18X

A few deaths: 7-8X, 7-13X

A lot of deaths: 7-1X

Deaths due to poor timing but slowly getting better: 7-3X, 7-9X, 7-12X, 7-14X, 7-15X, 7-17X, 7-19X

Furthest No-Death Run: 9/20

I've gotten fairly consistent on most levels. 7-9X is all about feel, 7-14X and 7-15X are all about jumping precisely and getting the timing right. I managed to beat 7-9X, 7-14X, 7-15X and 7-20X in a row without dying; but I died idiotically on 7-19X. Not from the top of the level but the second ceiling buzzsaw simply because I accidentally held X instead of tapping it. If I can beat 1, 8, 9, 12 (stupidity and hesitance), 14, 15, 16, 19 and 20, then I have a chance at success.

Edited by DJY8898

11 minutes ago, DJY8898 said:

I posted an updated progression on the "Tips for Missile, Demon, Zombie, Girl and Impossible Boy" thread. This is my progress now:

Deathless: 7-2X, 7-4X, 7-5X, 7-6X, 7-7X, 7-10X, 7-11X, 7-18X

A few deaths: 7-8X, 7-13X

A lot of deaths: 7-1X

Deaths due to poor timing but slowly getting better: 7-3X, 7-9X, 7-12X, 7-14X, 7-15X, 7-17X, 7-19X

Furthest No-Death Run: 9/20

I've gotten fairly consistent on most levels. 7-9X is all about feel, 7-14X and 7-15X is all about jumping precisely and getting the timing right. I managed to beat 7-9X, 7-14X, 7-15X and 7-20X in a row without dying; but I died idiotically on 7-19X. Not from the top of the level but the second ceiling buzzsaw simply because I accidentally held X instead of tapping it. If I can beat 1, 8, 9, 12 (stupidity and hesitance), 14, 15, 16, 19 and 20, then I have a chance at success.

Didn’t notice it when posting, we must be at about the same point then. For me i’ll have to beat 1,2,3,6,8,9,11,12,13,14,16,19 and 20 before i have a real shot at it. Probably in this order 16,14,9,8,19,20,13,6,1,2,3,11,12,5,10,15,17,18,4,7. Most fails are from stupid little mistakes, but i guess you’ll learn from most of them.

Edited by OJ9999vr