SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

On 15/12/2020 at 2:29 PM, breakXedge said:

I started this game a few days ago on the vita and man, I don't know if I'll make it. I'm not rushing, just play a little everyday, but woah, dark levels are horrible. 

It will take a while to platinum since its one of the hardest platinum trophies out there, but eventually you will make it just be patient and practice each of the 20 stages in a world before you do a no-death run. Fortunately you can do the levels in any order you want so best to get the hardest ones out of the way first. You can also pause and quit out the map in middle of a level right before you die and still be on the run, although you can't always react fast enough . Personally I didn't had much struggles on the Light worlds with the exception of a few levels for Cotton Alley Light (Girl Boy). Unlock The Kid character before you do no-death runs as he will make some stages a lot easier ;-). Best of luck.

Edited by JethrowRogueSZ2
  • Like 1

I got ''Im a Golden God!'' trophy today, and now only no deaths trophies left.

I ended with 98 bandages with only two left in the skyscraper warp zone, but the trophy still pops.

Should i get those bandages and unlock the Ninja, or he will be useless in the no death runs?

I know the death counter can be glitchy, but it is at 12 500 deaths atm, which is not so bad imo.

On 13/12/2020 at 5:33 PM, Booster92BG said:

Im not sure if i have the necessary skills to platinum SMB, but i already started the game. 

I completed the main game and currently working on clearing all warp zones.

The Kid warp zone took me 2 hours to complete.

I also cleared the Cotton alley, and jeez some of these levels took me 30 minuties alone. Cant imagine how im going to clear all 20 levels in one go latter.

I have some hard platformers in my collection, so im not just going to back down.

I will give my best to make SMB my 300th platinum!

You can do it. I have struggled with the initial no-death runs, spent more time than you on the kid warpzone and still got the platinum. After a lot of practice it starts to feel like it is automatic. 

When trying the no-death runs I think it is better to spent at least a few hours per attempt because there is a learning curve every time you play the game again. But if your fingers are hurting or you're getting frustrated, don't mind taking a few days off.

Edit: I haven't got the platinum yet, saving it for 200.

Edited by samuel_hsc
  • Like 3

Yes, after approx 15 hours of practise I've got the Girl Boy trophy.

It is a Christmas miracle ?. In my final run I thought I screwed up. I had 18 no death levels and the 2 easiest levels to go. I went to the level select screen to catch my breath and calm down a bit. Then I accidentally pressed circle... You go back to the world select screen, which I thought resets your progress. After cursing myself I went straight back in and did the 2 levels anyway.... To my big surprise the trophy popped ? So backing up to the titlescreen only resets it.

Bring it on impossible boy ?

Good luck to everyone else who is going for the plat ?

My final run : 16-20 and 1-15

Edited by YosemiteSam74
  • Like 2

Congrats man!

It is surely a Christmas miracle that i want too ?, and thnx for the info about backing to the world selection, doesnt reset your progress! I just got Squirrel Boy, and start working my way toward the nightmarish trophies.

Edited by Booster92BG
  • Like 1

Thx guys and merry Christmas and a happy new year. 

When I went back to the world screen I thought, oh well let's do those 2 levels anyway maybe it works and yeah, I almost started over at level 7-19 ?

Playing the 20 dark World levels once, I am thinking the same thing I thought when I played all other 20 world levels for the first time. "How the hell am I going to pull this one off?" But I know eventually I will get it... Anyone can really. 

• Like 1

Just finished the "KIDS" warp zone. Before the run I was sitting around ~2,500 Deaths, after just finishing the level I'm at 7,482. I would have to say this level had me stuck for 12+ hours and couldn't leave since the thought of starting over was not a opinion. Loads of patience and trial and error!

All in all, F*** that kid! I'll take my trophy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HYSTERIA_XCVI said:

Just finished the "KIDS" warp zone. Before the run I was sitting around ~2,500 Deaths, after just finishing the level I'm at 7,482. I would have to say this level had me stuck for 12+ hours and couldn't leave since the thought of starting over was not a opinion. Loads of patience and trial and error!

All in all, F*** that kid! I'll take my trophy

And now you have the best character in the game, for me at least.

5 hours ago, Booster92BG said:

And now you have the best character in the game, for me at least.

True. He's very useful for no-death runs.

I remember how I got the kid. Tried for hours then needed to go and didn't wanna leave the Ps4 turned on so I shut it off. Obviously started at the beginning but got way better doing just that. Obtaining him was quite hard but I feel like the process made me better at the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JohnlMatrix said:

True. He's very useful for no-death runs.

I remember how I got the kid. Tried for hours then needed to go and didn't wanna leave the Ps4 turned on so I shut it off. Obviously started at the beginning but got way better doing just that. Obtaining him was quite hard but I feel like the process made me better at the game.

Definitely, I recently played the kid warpzone again and after all those no death runs, the warpzone is not that difficult anymore.

I think the thing is that when you get to the kid warpzone you are not used to the character at all. Eventually you are and that makes a hell of a difference.

If you have the patience and determination to finish that warpzone, you are on your way to platinum ?

• Like 1

I have to say thanks to everyone in this thread. You inspired me to come back to this game after abandoning it over 4 years ago. And guess what, I just got Missile Boy! It didn’t even take that long, relatively speaking. Only about 2 or 3 hours worth of practice. My level order was 17-20, 8-9, 1-4, 14-16, 6, 10-13, 5, 7. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, postofficebuddy said:

I have to say thanks to everyone in this thread. You inspired me to come back to this game after abandoning it over 4 years ago. And guess what, I just got Missile Boy! It didn’t even take that long, relatively speaking. Only about 2 or 3 hours worth of practice. My level order was 17-20, 8-9, 1-4, 14-16, 6, 10-13, 5, 7. 

Congratulations nice work!!!!

• Like 1

Hot damn, just got maggot boy. I’m on a roll. Although I can definitely see why this one isn’t as rare as missile boy. There’s probably about 7 or 8 levels that are basically freebies if you’re using The Kid. 
:edit: Just got Demon Boy. It feels so good. Now on to the final big 3: Zombie boy, Girl Boy and Impossible Boy. For anyone that’s glanced at my profile you may have noticed that I haven’t gotten Needle Boy yet. That’s because if I manage to get the platinum I want to be able to pop it whenever I want as a milestone. Most likely either at 10000 trophies or 150 platinums. Oh and in case you were wondering what my level order in Hell was it’s 20, 12, 14, 1-5, 16-19, 6-11, 13, 15. 

Edited by postofficebuddy
  • Like 3

I just had the the most ridiculous reverse choke on Girl Boy in history. I was just playing through the levels in light Cotton Alley in order, testing my consistency without really intending to do the iron man when I realized that I had made it from 1 to 18 without dying. At  that point I was like ‘F*** it. Might as well go for it’ and managed to complete 19. As you can assume I died on 20 but where it happened was the most painful part. It was the last sawblade before Meatboy. 

32 minutes ago, postofficebuddy said:

I just had the the most ridiculous reverse choke on Girl Boy in history. I was just playing through the levels in light Cotton Alley in order, testing my consistency without really intending to do the iron man when I realized that I had made it from 1 to 18 without dying. At  that point I was like ‘F*** it. Might as well go for it’ and managed to complete 19. As you can assume I died on 20 but where it happened was the most painful part. It was the last sawblade before Meatboy. 

Lol. That is one big choke ?.

But at least you’re already good enough to do the trophy so it’s just a matter of time now. How would you rate the difficulty compared to Zombie Boy?

Well fuck my life.  Been working towards Girl Boy most of this evening and got on a few good streaks so tried to get a good run going, start with 19/20 then do 1-18.  Managed to clear everything up to 18 so started getting nervous.  Restarted the level like 10 times due to silly mistakes.  Made my way across, got the key, jumped back to the first platform - slightly undershot and fell, but the level restarted quicker than I could hit start... PS5 turned off for the night lol.  SO CLOSE :(

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Hot tip: for the light world no death runs, run through the dark world levels first and when you switch back to the light world levels they will seem really empty of traps in comparison. This doesn’t change anything, just makes the light levels feel easier.

Since this is the bitching thread though.. damn those meat seeking missiles! :P

• Like 2

On 12.8.2021 at 5:53 PM, Eqill5 said:

Hot tip: for the light world no death runs, run through the dark world levels first and when you switch back to the light world levels they will seem really empty of traps in comparison. This doesn’t change anything, just makes the light levels feel easier.

Since this is the bitching thread though.. damn those meat seeking missiles! :P

Cannot wait to see you bitching around when you arrive at the harder no death runs??

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Cannot wait to see you bitching around when you arrive at the harder no death runs1f602.png?

Haha well, after playing through Cotton Alley light I realised what you meant about certain hover mechanics. What in the hell is 7-16 (Hopscotch) all about? That’s not platforming.. I can see some of those levels being troublesome!

• Like 2