SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

10 minutes ago, FontenelIe said:

Played for over 10 hours yesterday trying to get Impossible Boy. Still couldn´t get it done. My disappointment is immeasurable lol. I keep dying when I´m missing one single level. Unbelievable.

Was 19/20 and died at 7-20x. ( bad move to leave that level for last, but it happened).

Got to 19/20 levels done once more and died at 7-5x again. This level is pretty easy but i keep breaking under the pressure.

This brings to a total of 5 times where I was one level off and died  1f611.png Messed a 18/20 run too, but don´t even remember which level I failed.

I feel your pain on the last level...Being as your that close you'll get it! Keep at it man..

• Like 1

Started my Zombie boy deathless run finished 13/20 levels without dying.

I died on 5-9x, I was trying to aggro the Zombie meat boys and have the missiles kill the Zombie meat boys. Basically everything else after 5-9x is extremely easy.

I also didn't finish level 5-8x which is the hardest level.

Edited by gamercris066

I platted this game some days ago, here are my fun facts:

If anyone is interested or it maybe helps someone, I saved my successful runs of the last 3 no death runs.

Zombie Boy:

Girl Boy:

Impossible Boy:

Cheers everyone, you can do it ?

Edited by Yoey_666
  • Like 2

Just now tried the deathless zombie boy run again.

Finished 19/20 levels, then died on 5-3x.

I also tried doing each level in order and finished 17/20 levels and died on 5-17.

Edited by gamercris066

Finished the Zombie boy deathless run.

I did every level in order.

Now practicing for Cotton alley light.

Here's the order I used to make other levels easier.

Difficult levels

5-4x, 5-5x, 5-6x, 5-9x, 5-11x and 5-20x

Start first

5-8x, 5-15x and 5-20x

Start next

5-4x, 5-5x, 5-6x and 5-7x

Start next

5-9x, 5-10x, 5-11x, 5-12x, 5-13x and 5-14x

Start next

5-2x and 5-3x

Start next

5-16x, 5-17x, 5-18x, 5-19x and 5-1x

Edited by gamercris066
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 7:02 AM, FontenelIe said:

Played for over 10 hours yesterday trying to get Impossible Boy. Still couldn´t get it done. My disappointment is immeasurable lol. I keep dying when I´m missing one single level. Unbelievable.

Was 19/20 and died at 7-20x. ( bad move to leave that level for last, but it happened).

Got to 19/20 levels done once more and died at 7-5x again. This level is pretty easy but i keep breaking under the pressure.

This brings to a total of 5 times where I was one level off and died  1f611.png Messed a 18/20 run too, but don´t even remember which level I failed.

It’s still the most difficult trophy I’ve obtained thus far. 

It took me 30 - 40 hours to get Impossible Boy. Pixel perfect platforming combined with intense pressure was what did me in. 

7-20X is bad due to its length. 7-19X can glitch on you after a certain period, which is solved by quitting back to XMB and booting the game up again. 

Keep going. Accept your failures and push yourself a little each day. That was how I finally managed to obtain Impossible Boy.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

It’s still the most difficult trophy I’ve obtained thus far. 

It took me 30 - 40 hours to get Impossible Boy. Pixel perfect platforming combined with intense pressure was what did me in. 

7-20X is bad due to its length. 7-19X can glitch on you after a certain period, which is solved by quitting back to XMB and booting the game up again. 

Keep going. Accept your failures and push yourself a little each day. That was how I finally managed to obtain Impossible Boy.

Thanks, I finally got Impossible Boy this weekend. In total I ended up failing a 19/20 run 6x times, but I´m happy to be finally done. Despite all dificulties and frustrations the overall experience was very positive, really enjoyed the game !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gamercris066 said:

Finished the Girl boy deathless run.

Now practicing the Impossible boy deathless run.

Nice.

I highly recommend you loop that world for 2 hrs to practice(unless you already do that) then start getting consistent at the levels you personally struggle on.

Trying to grind out the trophy by just practicing the levels you think are hardest will likely lead to you chocking on the “easy” ones later.

I did impossible Boy in 8hrs with this method.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1

So, I recently decided to start a new PSN account from scratch (for a multitude of reasons I'm not going to get into here) and for some reason I thought I'd jump headfirst into SMB for my first game. I figured, platformers are my bread and butter so I could probably handle it. That turned out to be a horrible idea. It went surprisingly well at first, in the span of roughly 25 hours I beat the final boss in both Light and Dark worlds and got 9/12 of the deathless runs done. I probably could've gotten I'm a Golden God by now if I wasn't saving that for last. But then I got to Dark Rapture and I hit a brick wall at full speed. I seem to be making a lot more mistakes on this world than previous ones. I think it's a combination of the game getting harder and me also getting somewhat tired of the game. There are countless other games I cannot wait to either try out for the first time or do all over again. I'm probably going to keep practicing but not dedicate all my gaming time to SMB for the time being.

44 minutes ago, ElevExplorer65 said:

So, I recently decided to start a new PSN account from scratch (for a multitude of reasons I'm not going to get into here) and for some reason I thought I'd jump headfirst into SMB for my first game. I figured, platformers are my bread and butter so I could probably handle it. That turned out to be a horrible idea. It went surprisingly well at first, in the span of roughly 25 hours I beat the final boss in both Light and Dark worlds and got 9/12 of the deathless runs done. I probably could've gotten I'm a Golden God by now if I wasn't saving that for last. But then I got to Dark Rapture and I hit a brick wall at full speed. I seem to be making a lot more mistakes on this world than previous ones. I think it's a combination of the game getting harder and me also getting somewhat tired of the game. There are countless other games I cannot wait to either try out for the first time or do all over again. I'm probably going to keep practicing but not dedicate all my gaming time to SMB for the time being.

What's your old PSN?

Btw, you could use my vid if it helps.

Super Meat Boy-Zombie Boy(Ironman Run) - YouTube

For Zombie I highly recommend the kid(so unlock if you lack him) and one last piece of advice. Do levels 1-20, this world goes much better this way.     

6 hours ago, ElevExplorer65 said:

Welcome!

I recommend using @LucasDiasC video it has a lot of helpful skips and exploits you can use for some of the levels.

Almost finished my Impossible boy run.

Finished 16/20 levels without dying.

Died on 7-8x

5 hours ago, Kramers001 said:

Seriously, how long did it take people to get Zombie Boy? I'm on my third consecutive day and I keep losing my streak from the tiniest minuscule mistakes, I'm going nuts here!

It took me 9 days. I started on 5-15x then ended the run on 5-1x.

Edited by gamercris066
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Kramers001 said:

Seriously, how long did it take people to get Zombie Boy? I'm on my third consecutive day and I keep losing my streak from the tiniest minuscule mistakes, I'm going nuts here!

I dunno if i got my zombieboy run recorded, but may i upload it ? 

Dont know if it helps :)

Guess I'll continue practicing. It looks like I can unlock the Impossible boy :yay:.

The scary parts were definitely 7-19x and 7-20x. I actually did the exploit on 7-20x so I don't need to speedrun.

I also didn't really understand 7-19x but somehow did it first try.

1 hour ago, PuRiZo-_- said:

I dunno if i got my zombieboy run recorded, but may i upload it ? 

Dont know if it helps :)

I will take all the help I can get.

59 minutes ago, disaster500 said:

Zombie Boy can be made a lot easier by using lots of skips and characters on specific levels. If you haven't already, I heavily recommend watching several people play through the levels that give you trouble, and the forum post about strategies is also very helpful

I'm using almost every character available that can make levels easier. Again it's just one mistake every time that ducks with my run and I'm boiling about it.

1 minute ago, Kramers001 said:

I will take all the help I can get.

I'm using almost every character available that can make levels easier. Again it's just one mistake every time that ducks with my run and I'm boiling about it.

Gonna look on my ps later.

Can Upload whatever i got, i just remember i missed to save 1 run from rapture or hell.