TheYuriG

SMB Bitching Thread

893 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, FontenelIe said:

Played for over 10 hours yesterday trying to get Impossible Boy. Still couldn´t get it done. My disappointment is immeasurable lol. I keep dying when I´m missing one single level. Unbelievable.

 

Was 19/20 and died at 7-20x. ( bad move to leave that level for last, but it happened).

 

Got to 19/20 levels done once more and died at 7-5x again. This level is pretty easy but i keep breaking under the pressure.

 

This brings to a total of 5 times where I was one level off and died  1f611.png Messed a 18/20 run too, but don´t even remember which level I failed.

 

I feel your pain on the last level...Being as your that close you'll get it! Keep at it man..

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still practicing zombie boy. I always thought 5-15x and 5-16x were difficult but from practicing its a very easy level. Now I just need to practice the the last 3 levels before attempting the Zombie boy run.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started my Zombie boy deathless run finished 13/20 levels without dying.

 

I died on 5-9x, I was trying to aggro the Zombie meat boys and have the missiles kill the Zombie meat boys. Basically everything else after 5-9x is extremely easy.

 

I also didn't finish level 5-8x which is the hardest level.

 

 

Edited by gamercris066
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I platted this game some days ago, here are my fun facts:

 

 

If anyone is interested or it maybe helps someone, I saved my successful runs of the last 3 no death runs.

 

Zombie Boy:

 

 

Girl Boy:

 

 

Impossible Boy:

 

 

Cheers everyone, you can do it 🍻

 

 

Edited by Yoey_666
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now tried the deathless zombie boy run again.

 

Finished 19/20 levels, then died on 5-3x.

 

I also tried doing each level in order and finished 17/20 levels and died on 5-17.

Edited by gamercris066
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished the Zombie boy deathless run.

 

I did every level in order.

 

Now practicing for Cotton alley light.

 

Here's the order I used to make other levels easier.

 

Difficult levels

5-4x, 5-5x, 5-6x, 5-9x, 5-11x and 5-20x

 

Start first

5-8x, 5-15x and 5-20x

 

Start next

5-4x, 5-5x, 5-6x and 5-7x

 

Start next

5-9x, 5-10x, 5-11x, 5-12x, 5-13x and 5-14x

 

Start next

5-2x and 5-3x

 

Start next

5-16x, 5-17x, 5-18x, 5-19x and 5-1x

 

Edited by gamercris066
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2022 at 7:02 AM, FontenelIe said:

Played for over 10 hours yesterday trying to get Impossible Boy. Still couldn´t get it done. My disappointment is immeasurable lol. I keep dying when I´m missing one single level. Unbelievable.

 

Was 19/20 and died at 7-20x. ( bad move to leave that level for last, but it happened).

 

Got to 19/20 levels done once more and died at 7-5x again. This level is pretty easy but i keep breaking under the pressure.

 

This brings to a total of 5 times where I was one level off and died  1f611.png Messed a 18/20 run too, but don´t even remember which level I failed.


It’s still the most difficult trophy I’ve obtained thus far. 
 

It took me 30 - 40 hours to get Impossible Boy. Pixel perfect platforming combined with intense pressure was what did me in. 
 

7-20X is bad due to its length. 7-19X can glitch on you after a certain period, which is solved by quitting back to XMB and booting the game up again. 
 

Keep going. Accept your failures and push yourself a little each day. That was how I finally managed to obtain Impossible Boy.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:


It’s still the most difficult trophy I’ve obtained thus far. 
 

It took me 30 - 40 hours to get Impossible Boy. Pixel perfect platforming combined with intense pressure was what did me in. 
 

7-20X is bad due to its length. 7-19X can glitch on you after a certain period, which is solved by quitting back to XMB and booting the game up again. 
 

Keep going. Accept your failures and push yourself a little each day. That was how I finally managed to obtain Impossible Boy.

 

Thanks, I finally got Impossible Boy this weekend. In total I ended up failing a 19/20 run 6x times, but I´m happy to be finally done. Despite all dificulties and frustrations the overall experience was very positive, really enjoyed the game !

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a practice run for Cotton alley and finished 13/20 levels without dying.

 

Then died on 7-16.

 

Honestly not mad at all since Cotton alley does have a lot of easy levels.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poping in to tell everyone y’all are beasts, SMB is a demon of a plat and kicks everyone’s ass.

So if you choke a lot don’t beat yourself up it’s part of the process.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished the Girl boy deathless run.

 

Now practicing the Impossible boy deathless run.

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gamercris066 said:

Finished the Girl boy deathless run.

 

Now practicing the Impossible boy deathless run.

 

 

Nice.

 

I highly recommend you loop that world for 2 hrs to practice(unless you already do that) then start getting consistent at the levels you personally struggle on.


Trying to grind out the trophy by just practicing the levels you think are hardest will likely lead to you chocking on the “easy” ones later.

 

I did impossible Boy in 8hrs with this method.

 

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now practiced every level.

 

Glad I did practice because I died on 7-15x 500 times.

 

Now I just need to practice 7-19x and practice every single level again.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I recently decided to start a new PSN account from scratch (for a multitude of reasons I'm not going to get into here) and for some reason I thought I'd jump headfirst into SMB for my first game. I figured, platformers are my bread and butter so I could probably handle it. That turned out to be a horrible idea. It went surprisingly well at first, in the span of roughly 25 hours I beat the final boss in both Light and Dark worlds and got 9/12 of the deathless runs done. I probably could've gotten I'm a Golden God by now if I wasn't saving that for last. But then I got to Dark Rapture and I hit a brick wall at full speed. I seem to be making a lot more mistakes on this world than previous ones. I think it's a combination of the game getting harder and me also getting somewhat tired of the game. There are countless other games I cannot wait to either try out for the first time or do all over again. I'm probably going to keep practicing but not dedicate all my gaming time to SMB for the time being.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ElevExplorer65 said:

So, I recently decided to start a new PSN account from scratch (for a multitude of reasons I'm not going to get into here) and for some reason I thought I'd jump headfirst into SMB for my first game. I figured, platformers are my bread and butter so I could probably handle it. That turned out to be a horrible idea. It went surprisingly well at first, in the span of roughly 25 hours I beat the final boss in both Light and Dark worlds and got 9/12 of the deathless runs done. I probably could've gotten I'm a Golden God by now if I wasn't saving that for last. But then I got to Dark Rapture and I hit a brick wall at full speed. I seem to be making a lot more mistakes on this world than previous ones. I think it's a combination of the game getting harder and me also getting somewhat tired of the game. There are countless other games I cannot wait to either try out for the first time or do all over again. I'm probably going to keep practicing but not dedicate all my gaming time to SMB for the time being.

 

 

What's your old PSN?

 

Btw, you could use my vid if it helps.

Super Meat Boy-Zombie Boy(Ironman Run) - YouTube

 

For Zombie I highly recommend the kid(so unlock if you lack him) and one last piece of advice. Do levels 1-20, this world goes much better this way.     

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ElevExplorer65 said:

So, I recently decided to start a new PSN account from scratch (for a multitude of reasons I'm not going to get into here) and for some reason I thought I'd jump headfirst into SMB for my first game. I figured, platformers are my bread and butter so I could probably handle it. That turned out to be a horrible idea. It went surprisingly well at first, in the span of roughly 25 hours I beat the final boss in both Light and Dark worlds and got 9/12 of the deathless runs done. I probably could've gotten I'm a Golden God by now if I wasn't saving that for last. But then I got to Dark Rapture and I hit a brick wall at full speed. I seem to be making a lot more mistakes on this world than previous ones. I think it's a combination of the game getting harder and me also getting somewhat tired of the game. There are countless other games I cannot wait to either try out for the first time or do all over again. I'm probably going to keep practicing but not dedicate all my gaming time to SMB for the time being.

 

 

Welcome!

 

I recommend using @LucasDiasC video it has a lot of helpful skips and exploits you can use for some of the levels.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, how long did it take people to get Zombie Boy? I'm on my third consecutive day and I keep losing my streak from the tiniest minuscule mistakes, I'm going nuts here!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost finished my Impossible boy run.

 

Finished 16/20 levels without dying.

 

Died on 7-8x

 

 

5 hours ago, Kramers001 said:

Seriously, how long did it take people to get Zombie Boy? I'm on my third consecutive day and I keep losing my streak from the tiniest minuscule mistakes, I'm going nuts here!

It took me 9 days. I started on 5-15x then ended the run on 5-1x.

Edited by gamercris066
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kramers001 said:

Seriously, how long did it take people to get Zombie Boy? I'm on my third consecutive day and I keep losing my streak from the tiniest minuscule mistakes, I'm going nuts here!

I dunno if i got my zombieboy run recorded, but may i upload it ? 

Dont know if it helps :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess I'll continue practicing. It looks like I can unlock the Impossible boy :yay:.

 

The scary parts were definitely 7-19x and 7-20x. I actually did the exploit on 7-20x so I don't need to speedrun.

 

I also didn't really understand 7-19x but somehow did it first try.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zombie Boy can be made a lot easier by using lots of skips and characters on specific levels. If you haven't already, I heavily recommend watching several people play through the levels that give you trouble, and the forum post about strategies is also very helpful

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PuRiZo-_- said:

I dunno if i got my zombieboy run recorded, but may i upload it ? 

Dont know if it helps :)

 

I will take all the help I can get.

 

59 minutes ago, disaster500 said:

Zombie Boy can be made a lot easier by using lots of skips and characters on specific levels. If you haven't already, I heavily recommend watching several people play through the levels that give you trouble, and the forum post about strategies is also very helpful

 

I'm using almost every character available that can make levels easier. Again it's just one mistake every time that ducks with my run and I'm boiling about it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kramers001 said:

 

I will take all the help I can get.

 

 

I'm using almost every character available that can make levels easier. Again it's just one mistake every time that ducks with my run and I'm boiling about it.

 

Gonna look on my ps later.

Can Upload whatever i got, i just remember i missed to save 1 run from rapture or hell.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nevermind, I got it!! After choking twice on the last level today, I finally fucking got Zombie Boy! YEAHHHHHH!!!!!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.