SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

3 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Which side are you taking when you start? Are you making sure to stop at the top when you get the key before you restart running and jump? You need to reset your speed in order to not overdo/miss the jump post key.

There's time to stop at the key? I thought that would get me killed, I die while jumping after getting the key, sometimes I miss the jump, others I jump too early, I can do it like 1 every 10 times

9 hours ago, HardXDXtraga said:

There's time to stop at the key? I thought that would get me killed, I die while jumping after getting the key, sometimes I miss the jump, others I jump too early, I can do it like 1 every 10 times

Well, not really TIME, but enough to make a full stop and then restart running. I always stop and then get back to it again otherwise i just completely miss the jump and slide down to my death, try taking your time with it 

1 hour ago, reckscollie said:

THE CAPSLOCK GIVES ME CHILLS. EXPLAIN PLEASE! :lol:

THE CAPSLOCK GIVES ME CHILLS. EXPLAIN PLEASE! :lol:

Is probably what every one ever did if you watched a guide, but i never did watch any videos so i didn't know. At the bottom i did a transition from wall to the saw pillar. Last night i was playing a random game on my phone and it suddenly clicked i could do a pillar to pillar transition and holy shit not only it was possible, it also was so much easier to the point this mission is barely risky now. FUCK MY LIFE 

Edited by TheYuriG

19 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Is probably what every one ever did if you watched a guide, but i never did watch any videos so i didn't know. At the bottom i did a transition from wall to the saw pillar. Last night i was playing a random game on my phone and it suddenly clicked i could do a pillar to pillar transition and holy shit not only it was possible, it also was so much easier to the point this mission is barely risky now. FUCK MY LIFE 

Ahhh, yes that's what I'm doing. I thought you discovered a secret rocket launcher and destroyed the wall in front for a shortcut to holy meat boy. :D 

• Like 1

I just did it, after 3 weeks of trying impossible boy I did it! I'm so extatic I don't even know what to say except BRAG RIGHTS, cuz now I have them, I can finally brag about it!

I saved the run to remember it, you can see how nervous I was because I would wait way too long to do jumps in the last 5 levels xD

Best of luck to you 2, who are at my level or better, all you need is 1 good run!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

I just did it, after 3 weeks of trying impossible boy I did it! I'm so extatic I don't even know what to say except BRAG RIGHTS, cuz now I have them, I can finally brag about it!

I saved the run to remember it, you can see how nervous I was because I would wait way too long to do jumps in the last 5 levels xD

Best of luck to you 2, who are at my level or better, all you need is 1 good run!

Oh shit, congrats :D  I'm still having troubles focusing. 

Okay I was really excited earlier I don't know what to do. Well anyways thank you @TheYuriG for being an inspiration. I wasn't looking for replaying this game if I haven't seen your profile. Thanks for the tips. I kniw you're not really aiming for the plat yet cause I know you could've done it way before. I envy your ultra rares.

@HardXDXtraga you beat me in the race it added more pressure lol.Thank you zorro for beating luffy. 

I was like repeating the same stages until it got a little easier. My order was 19-20-1-8-9-14-6-16-13-18-2-3-4-5-17-10-11-12-7-15. I really thought 7 was my last as I forgot I quitted from 15 after a bad jump then went on a different route. When I hit 7 I thought it's over but it didn't give any trophy. My heart start pumping again cause I have to remember and finish off another stage. Luckily I surpassed 15. Whoooo. I need a vacation.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, reckscollie said:

@HardXDXtraga you beat me in the race it added more pressure lol.Thank you zorro for beating luffy. 

Congrats dude!

Someone's gotta beat Luffy otherwise the story gets boring :P 

17 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Good shit boys! I didn't try for a long time now since i got my ps3  fixed I'm working on some games i got my a few friends and then I'm returning to SMB, gonna make it my 250th so no hurry here. Congrats boys, you got this

Might as well make it a milestone, totally agree, that's why I left it for 9000

You got the skill so you can finish it anytime

• Like 3

I started this a while ago, but I stopped playing to be active on FFXIV again. I did all light worlds to far with little to no trouble and I perfected all levels in pretty much the same time. Today I came back to try Cotton Alley. It seems to be pretty tough to get it out of the way. However, I still feel confident that with enough determination, I'll probably succeed. I must say though, this is the first game where I think I might not be able to 100%.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Starflakes said:

I started this a while ago, but I stopped playing to be active on FFXIV again. I did all light worlds to far with little to no trouble and I perfected all levels in pretty much the same time. Today I came back to try Cotton Alley. It seems to be pretty tough to get it out of the way. However, I still feel confident that with enough determination, I'll probably succeed. I must say though, this is the first game where I think I might not be able to 100%.

That's what I thought at first too. I wanted to just finish to what I could but realized I'm so near. And so Yuri said that if I get zombie boy I pretty much have the plat. The moment I got it, it just means that anyone ca do it cause I'm pretty dumb on games.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On February 20, 2017 at 5:33 AM, SlimSanta94 said:

I'm starting to think this might actually be the first game that will break me.. and i've got platinum on a lot of difficult games in my time..

This will likely be me as well.

Super Meat Boy makes Battletoads on the NES look like a cakewalk in comparison.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HardXDXtraga said:

How long is it taking you to do the no death trophies?

The first one was really easy.. I finished on my second attempt, all of the others after that took around 6-7 days each..

I'm working on my 7th no death run now and the difficulty has just spiked massively so it'll take a lot longer than the others

I give up.

I went as far as the fifth world, got the first two dark worlds done (after over a thousand deaths literally), got to the warp stage that unlocks The Kid.

...and I can't do it.

This game is so insane and intensive on the controls that you need to have an extremely high amount of skill to even stand a chance on the no Death runs. The fact that I can't even get to The End, which is a trophy you get for beating at least 85 levels on the Light Worlds and beating the boss is saying something. That trophy has just over 5 percent of players finishing it according to PSNPROFILES, and yet, despite this rather high percentage among other trophies in Super Meat Boy, I don't have the skills to pull it off.

Just getting to the warp stage for The Kid is a bitch. You have to catch a key as it is falling down, then activate a switch and hope and pray you can get to that warp before it disappears. I barely made it. Now, I present to you this image:

2j65z61.jpg

(all red circles are listed as hazards most people will probably die from)

This is only the first stage. And it is hard as nails. I remain convinced that less than 99.5 - 99.9 percent of all players (not counting PSNPROFILE statistics) are able to pass this portion. Then once you do get The Kid (which I will probably never do) then it's a matter of doing the Light and Dark Worlds without dying.

Not going to happen.

I don't have to play the Cotton Alley stages to know they're bat shit insane.

So I'm pretty much done. This was a test run, and while I could eventually beat every single level to unlock the I'm A Golden God trophy, I'm not going to pull my hair over thousands upon thousands of deaths to get it.

Good luck to everybody planning to get the platinum.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

It took me around two hours to beat all three levels to unlock The Kid. Definitely the hardest warpzone. For me, it's Rapture Dark and both of the Cotton Alley worlds left. Maggot boy took me about an hour total including practice runs. When you have that feel for the game, it's a matter of determination, a bit of luck sometimes, skill and balls of steel.