SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

@Spaz You can just do the rest of the levels and come back to the kid warpzone later, I stuck with it and it took me a long time to do it. It's by far the hardest warpzone and 3 of the hardest levels in the game, cotton alley included!

@Wanderer Yh, I think it is all about determination and sticking with it, zombie boy was the worst no death for me as I felt it was a huge difficulty spike from demon boy, it took me nearly 12 hours to pull it off while it only took me around 10 hours to do girl boy. But I would definitely do zombie boy first because you can use the kid and other characters so then you go to cotton alley and master meat girl.

• Like 1

@HardXDXtraga That was a rage quit moment for sure.

I died well over a hundred times on The Kid. Got to the top right of the screen a couple times using quick reactions. You have to be extremely precise, one wrong touch on the d-pad and you're pretty much dead.

@Wanderer The Kid warpzone is no joke.

I got a little more than halfway on The Hospital Light World and Forest Dark World without dying. Then due to my nervousness I ended up dying on the thirteenth level for each.

=========

Might give this another shot. I bitch and moan when I have a rage quit moment.

Edited by Spaz

33 minutes ago, AustinMichael1 said:

All I need is Impossible Boy. I made it to the 3rd to last level (I left 7-3x, 7-4x, and 7-15x for last) and right when I was about to jump, my finger slid off the analog stick and died. I was so upset and furious :unsure:

Hmmm, so you found the pattern for 7-15 now? Good for you. You're pretty close to getting it. Don't be upset and make it happen. :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reckscollie said:

Hmmm, so you found the pattern for 7-15 now? Good for you. You're pretty close to getting it. Don't be upset and make it happen. :D

I'm so close to the platinum it's killing me :( good thing is I'm improving but 7-1x,19x, 20x, and 14x still give me fits. Every other level I can get down on the first try 8/10 times

17 minutes ago, AustinMichael1 said:

I'm so close to the platinum it's killing me :( good thing is I'm improving but 7-1x,19x, 20x, and 14x still give me fits. Every other level I can get down on the first try 8/10 times

Hold your breath and release the kraken. LOL. Then get the platinum.

How do you reach The End? I got over half of the fifth world's levels done but haven't gotten anything saying I can reach The End which unlocks a silver trophy. Guide on this website says you must complete a minimum of 85 levels in the Light Worlds and I've done that.

27 minutes ago, Spaz said:

How do you reach The End? I got over half of the fifth world's levels done but haven't gotten anything saying I can reach The End which unlocks a silver trophy. Guide on this website says you must complete a minimum of 85 levels in the Light Worlds and I've done that.

To get the trophy you need to defeat the boss on 6th level called The End which is Dr. Fetus. To get to unlock the level I believe you need to defeat boss of Rapture first.And the 85 levels are required to unlock the boss stage.

Edited by reckscollie
Explained something

10 hours ago, HardXDXtraga said:

@AustinMichael1 Don't worry about 14, I've gotten the plat and I still can't pass it on my 1st try, I just can't get a pattern down

lol yeah that level sucks. I mentioned it to @reckscollie last night on ps4 but I actually started a run at level 1 and made it to level 16 (Curls) and I was about to die, but right when I clicked "go back to map" my game froze up. Like, the gears were still turning but nothing else moved for about 2 minutes and I had to restart my entire run all over :/

9 minutes ago, AustinMichael1 said:

lol yeah that level sucks. I mentioned it to @reckscollie last night on ps4 but I actually started a run at level 1 and made it to level 16 (Curls) and I was about to die, but right when I clicked "go back to map" my game froze up. Like, the gears were still turning but nothing else moved for about 2 minutes and I had to restart my entire run all over :/

So this occurs on PS4 too hmmm. Did you remember having two confirmation questions that you really want to exit? Cause that I believe is what triggers the freeze. Might be minor but can be annoying when it comes down to clutch moments. If double question appears press cancel on the second so it won't freeze. This happened to me on vita about 10 times. I need to report this to @TheYuriG unless, he already knows. :giggle:

Yeah, that is a big issue, happened to me over 5 times, the thing is I was so concentrated on playing the game that I kept pressing x without realizing I was freezing the game

Just take it slow, it didn't ruin any good attempts for me, maybe like a 10 level run at max

• Like 1

Wow, just wow.

You're making ME want to play through the no death runs and I just know for a fact those later Dark worlds are absolute torture. I can't even pass the first stage on The Kid's warpzone.

Be proud of your achievement, because there's not very many games out there that match the difficulty and respect of besting Super Meat Boy.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Wow, just wow.

You're making ME want to play through the no death runs and I just know for a fact those later Dark worlds are absolute torture. I can't even pass the first stage on The Kid's warpzone.

Be proud of your achievement, because there's not very many games out there that match the difficulty and respect of besting Super Meat Boy.

It takes a lot of patience and determination and a strong will to go for these no deaths. I started playing this game on June 30th of last year just to test myself and stopped playing it after I beat the game (since God Eater 2: Rage Burst was calling my name). I came back after I platinumed GE2:RB and was determined to get the game platinumed and got all the no death trophies. Once I obtained Zombie Boy, I knew I had the platinum in hand, but wasn't too sure about going for it, but seeing all these guys on the forums do it, I put my patience and controller to the test and finally got the platinum. You definitely can do it too. With enough practice, all of these are very doable. We all believe in you lol

Also, the first level of The Kid's warpzone zone is a pain but once you can make it past that, the other two parts are very easy. It took me a good couple hours on the first part, 30 minutes on the 2nd part, and about 40 minutes on the third. 

29 minutes ago, AustinMichael1 said:

I FINALLY DID IT! I may have yelled at the top of my lungs after I saw the trophy pop up. I want to thank @reckscollie, @HardXDXtraga, @TheYuriG, @lilpain97, and @KaKrackle, I've been roaming these forums for a while but seeing you all determined to get the platinum made me even more determined as well. My run originally started at 7-1x and I made it to  7-20x but died at the last row of small jumps. I took a minute to regain my composure, then went 7-6x to 7-20x then came back to do 7-1x to 7-5x. Definitely my proudest accomplishment gaming wise.

PS_Messages_20170305_191415.jpg

Congrats! I told you, you're very close to getting it. Now go celebrate :D

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Congratz!

thanks man. it's almost 7 hours since I got the platinum and I'm still amazed by it. Feels weird since I have always been playing JRPGs and my trophy backlog doesn't look too impressive on this site , but I managed to stick with it and stay determined thanks to the people on these forums and with the SMB platinum, my profile looks a little bit better lol