SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

1 hour ago, AustinMichael1 said:

So I looked at Cloudberry kingdom and those last few levels look absolutely terrifying but enticing at the same time lol Here is the video of my run if you all want to see it :D@reckscollie@HardXDXtraga @Spaz @Wanderer  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EYMh4DUJzeI

Nice man, taking it nice and slowly here. Haven't had too much issues so far. Demon Boy was the toughest and took me around 5 hours. Looks like the final three I have to do will be tougher, but I feel like I can overcome the challenge. Barely playing it though. Most of the time, I practice 30 minutes to 40 minutes one day and then go for no deaths some days after. 

As for Cloudberry Kingdom, those levels look a bit too much for me as I feel like most of the time, especially those final levels, they're not really in your hands and a huge portion of luck is involved.

Edited by Wanderer

I've been trying to get Girl Boy for the last few days, i've come very close a few times now..

Yesterday i got to my 20th level and died on the very last spike of 7-20.. This morning I got to my 18th level and my controller decided to die at the start of 7-11.. I died inside a little

On March 6, 2017 at 0:37 AM, AustinMichael1 said:

I FINALLY DID IT! I may have yelled at the top of my lungs after I saw the trophy pop up. I want to thank @reckscollie, @HardXDXtraga, @TheYuriG, @lilpain97, and @KaKrackle, I've been roaming these forums for a while but seeing you all determined to get the platinum made me even more determined as well. My run originally started at 7-1x and I made it to  7-20x but died at the last row of small jumps. I took a minute to regain my composure, then went 7-6x to 7-20x then came back to do 7-1x to 7-5x. Definitely my proudest accomplishment gaming wise.

PS_Messages_20170305_191415.jpg

Congratulations man :) I noticed you were on it on my friends list all the practice finally paid off

• Like 2

On 3/6/2017 at 5:31 PM, HardXDXtraga said:

@AustinMichael1 Congratz, welcome to the world of the people who want to find a harder challenge, my suggestions are Cloudberry Kingdom, Nuclear Throne, Lumo, Invisible Inc, Badland, I Am Bread and my personal favourite The Crypt of the Necrodancer

I would add VVVVVV to that list as well. Having just started it a few days ago, I can already tell it's gonna give me much more trouble than Super Meat Boy. And what a sly man/woman you are for recommending Crypt of the Necrodancer. :P I play the game a LOT on PC and am convinced I couldn't 100% that game if I played it for years. It's on a completely different level, imo.

Edited by Kevo_Malonis

20 hours ago, Kevo_Malonis said:

I would add VVVVVV to that list as well. Having just started it a few days ago, I can already tell it's gonna give me much more trouble than Super Meat Boy. And what a sly man/woman you are for recommending Crypt of the Necrodancer. :P I play the game a LOT on PC and am convinced I couldn't 100% that game if I played it for years. It's on a completely different level, imo.

Why do you think I called it my personal favourite? :awesome:

Yeah, I forgot about vvvvvv but also about some others, there are a lot of hard games out there for those who want a real challenge

• Like 1

7 hours ago, reckscollie said:

Play all those games and die young LOL

I actually just took a gander at Badland and it looks fun and with how low the trophy percentage is, that platinum which only has one person to do it out of 25k people, would look nice on my profile. Co-op trophies on that game are the only downfall :<

Also, @KaKrackle after I platinum the Neptunia series game I'm working on, I'll take a peek at the game you recommended and see if I want to test my mettle again. SMB was a bastard but it was the most fun I've had with a game in a long time and if I can find games that challenging and addicting, then I'm afraid of what I'm starting to become :unsure: @reckscollie And @HardXDXtraga Crypt of the Necrodancer looks insane from the couple speed run videos I've seen. It's a RPG of sorts so that's right up my alley and that trophy where you have to do an all character run without picking up any items or whatnot looks crazy.

4 minutes ago, AustinMichael1 said:

I actually just took a gander at Badland and it looks fun and with how low the trophy percentage is, that platinum which only has one person to do it out of 25k people, would look nice on my profile. Co-op trophies on that game are the only downfall :<

I gave up on it since it gave me nightmares.I dreamt of flying and avoiding obstacles leaving me restless when I woke up. 

it's probably wise that you never start crypt of the necrodancer. Especially if your a completion isn't. It's almost impossible from what I have been told. It's for masochists only. Hahaha. Though I wish I bought It when it was on sale last month for £5

Badland is impossible to complete due to a certain coop trophy I believe. 

Cloudberry Kingdom has a trophy at 0.07 percent, which I assume is that insane level a couple players posted on YouTube.

Crypt of the Necrodancer is next to impossible. Floriss was saying it can take months to earn that sub 0.10% trophy, which is definitely saying something because only two people on this entire website have it. 

I Am Bread just looks extremely frustrating. Wonky controls, getting A++ in all Cheese levels will require some serious work. 

Anyway, I'm just about done with The End which will net me a 5.00 percent silver trophy on my alt. Almost beaten the first level on The Kids warpzone, only to die at the last bit. 

The Hospital Light World and Forest Dark World no death runs are very doable to get with just Meat Boy so I will be doing those in the next couple weeks. 

If ever get the platinum I will probably have somewhere between 30,000 and 50,000 deaths.

On 3/9/2017 at 8:20 PM, reckscollie said:

Take a look at my death count. :giggle:

I only managed 24k deaths lol. You definitely had more patience than I did if you died almost twice as much as I did and I died a lot because I'm an idiot when it came to those levels with tight jumps or missiles  *shudders trying to remember how long it took me to get missile boy and the Hell and Rapture dark world levels with just meat boy*

On 3/9/2017 at 7:38 PM, Spaz said:

Badland is impossible to complete due to a certain coop trophy I believe. 

Cloudberry Kingdom has a trophy at 0.07 percent, which I assume is that insane level a couple players posted on YouTube.

Crypt of the Necrodancer is next to impossible. Floriss was saying it can take months to earn that sub 0.10% trophy, which is definitely saying something because only two people on this entire website have it. 

I Am Bread just looks extremely frustrating. Wonky controls, getting A++ in all Cheese levels will require some serious work. 

Anyway, I'm just about done with The End which will net me a 5.00 percent silver trophy on my alt. Almost beaten the first level on The Kids warpzone, only to die at the last bit. 

The Hospital Light World and Forest Dark World no death runs are very doable to get with just Meat Boy so I will be doing those in the next couple weeks. 

If ever get the platinum I will probably have somewhere between 30,000 and 50,000 deaths.

Isn't it weird how it seems the small Indie games are the ones with the most brutal trophy lists. I know a few games deep in my early gaming backlog from 2010-2012 were not hard but challenging. Injustice, Persona 4 Arena, Lost Planet 2 I think are the top 3 trophy sets on my backlog I will probably never go back to try to platinum, and it's weird because fighting games and RPGs are my specialties lol. It also helps to notice if you look at my trophy list, you will see when I decided to start platinuming games lol (Fallout 4 started the trend once I got the platinum in December 2015)

14 minutes ago, AustinMichael1 said:

Isn't it weird how it seems the small Indie games are the ones with the most brutal trophy lists. I know a few games deep in my early gaming backlog from 2010-2012 were not hard but challenging. Injustice, Persona 4 Arena, Lost Planet 2 I think are the top 3 trophy sets on my backlog I will probably never go back to try to platinum, and it's weird because fighting games and RPGs are my specialties lol. It also helps to notice if you look at my trophy list, you will see when I decided to start platinuming games lol (Fallout 4 started the trend once I got the platinum in December 2015)

Two games I often hear a lot from various people that have become somewhat famous are Vanquish and Catherine. I just got Vanquish yesterday and apart from Challenge 6, I hear the game isn't that bad. Catherine on the other hand has those Babel levels, which are usually the platinum breaker for most people.

I just did Shovel Knight and it wasn't really that challenging apart from the boss rush banquet on New Game Plus. It has the ideal difficulty setting, not too easy, not too hard.

Lost Planet 2 is an absolute nightmare from what I heard.

Fallout 4 isn't difficult at all. I just got bored with the game and didn't enjoy the talking protagonist and bad dialogue choices.

• Like 1

Guys, all I have left for the platinum is Impossible Boy and I just cannot find any motivation to start practicing this world. I have every other single trophy, rapture dark being the hardest by far (22 hours..). Girl boy only took about 10 hours. But after Girl Boy, I just couldn't find any motivation, It's been over a week now. Still nothing.

Does anyone have any tips? It's mostly being intimidated by the levels. I had an easier time with skyscraper all bandages than just clearing 7-19x, for example.

Edited by kilspeed111
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, kilspeed111 said:

Guys, all I have left for the platinum is Impossible Boy and I just cannot find any motivation to start practicing this world. I have every other single trophy, rapture dark being the hardest by far (22 hours..). Girl boy only took about 10 hours. But after Girl Boy, I just couldn't find any motivation, It's been over a week now. Still nothing.

Does anyone have any tips? It's mostly being intimidated by the levels. I had an easier time with skyscraper all bandages than just clearing 7-19x, for example.

I was in a similar situation, except with Zombie Boy. I went out of my way and got Girl Boy and Impossible Boy as some of my first iron man trophies, but after I got Impossible Boy, I really didn't care for getting Zombie Boy for awhile. Because I knew I still wanted to get the platinum at some point, I kept playing through Dark Rapture for like 20 minutes every couple days or so (max time I think I'd spend without playing would be like a week and a half or two weeks), just so I wouldn't lose my skills. This allowed me to play BF1, TLG, and some GTA Online. After getting some good runs in recently, where I got two 16 level runs in a row without dying (both runs ended up with me dying on the same level -_- lol), I finally regained motivation and the next day got Zombie Boy - which then motivated me to get the platinum very shortly after that (I'm kinda surprised I did pretty much all the remaining iron mans in such few time, but after doing Impossible Boy and Zombie Boy, they felt so easy). So yeah, if anything I'd recommend just playing through Dark Cotton Alley a little each day developing strategies and stuff. Before you realize it, you'll be beating most of the levels in a row without dying. The same happened to me - a month or so ago I beat 15 levels of Dark Rapture in a row without dying and then I realized how close I was... so then I of course died, aha. When you're able to beat most of the levels in a row without dying, you'll probably regain motivation.

The platinum is right there in front of you, you got this :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kilspeed111 said:

I was just like you about a month ago when all I had left was Girl/Impossible Boy left. I kept looking through this thread and kept seeing how determined everyone was to get it and after it took me about a days worth of practice to get Girl boy and then I practiced each level on Cotton alley dark world for about 1 hour for each level until I could beat the level 10 times in a row without dying then moved on to the next level. These levels look very intimidating, but are very doable with enough practice.

I personally would start out with 7-7x through 7-9x ad the levels are short but contain the most luck-based based in the set. 7-19x is probably the top part giving you fits. Once I got to the top, I walked the way and jumped right after each sawblade blade, it's all about rhythm. My video of my run my not be the best help but there might be some trick you haven't though of yet.

Also I would recommend Ultima456's video on YouTube and GreenZSaber's written guide online as both definitely helped me out. Best of luck and like @KoopatroI said, you are right there for the platinum, just keep practicing, and stay confident and stay determined and you will be a part of the club. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EYMh4DUJzeI

• Like 1

So I've picked up Super Meat Boy again and decided to go for Girl boy rather than Zombie boy first. So far I am doing quite well. Have had like three hours of practice, but the end off the line is nowhere near in sight yet. I am struggling a bit with level 17. It's the one that shoots a lot of bullet and has lead in its name. For some reason, I can't figure out a good jumping pattern. It's only when I die and respawn that I can make it nicely through the level. I also don't know if there is input lag in this game, but getting over the small ground saws seems to be with delay sometimes killing me randomly. Very annoying stuff.

Any tips for level 17? Also for some reason I am struggling with the first level. The first two small jumps are super awkward for me.

Edited by Wanderer

On 3/23/2017 at 4:05 AM, Wanderer said:

So I've picked up Super Meat Boy again and decided to go for Girl boy rather than Zombie boy first. So far I am doing quite well. Have had like three hours of practice, but the end off the line is nowhere near in sight yet. I am struggling a bit with level 17. It's the one that shoots a lot of bullet and has lead in its name. For some reason, I can't figure out a good jumping pattern. It's only when I die and respawn that I can make it nicely through the level. I also don't know if there is input lag in this game, but getting over the small ground saws seems to be with delay sometimes killing me randomly. Very annoying stuff.

Any tips for level 17? Also for some reason I am struggling with the first level. The first two small jumps are super awkward for me.

For level 17, I recommend looking at greenzsaber's route. I feel like that's a good starting point and maybe you can change your route slightly based off of what you're having trouble with.

Here's the picture from his guide (http://www.fatprinny.com/super-meat-boy--girl-boy-guide.html)

d5f8e5945eb8f8ef56b3918e4d430621.png.90fbcb35637afbdaa94bdfdd4eb4b048.png

I think I started with this route, but for some reason kept dying. So I modified it a bit and found a path that was pretty reliable for me. The main thing for me in regards to this level was that I would always die at the very start. I changed my route so as soon as the level began, I would barely move with bandage girl (like maybe make her take just 1 or max 2 steps) and then jump immediately after and land in between the first couple of missile launchers on the ground. Immediately after landing I would then jump in between the second couple of missile launchers on the ground. Wait for the missiles on the ceiling to fire (so wait like 1 second), then run to the wall and slide up. Wait for missiles to fire during my wall slide, then jump to the left wall and finish like in the picture above. Hopefully that helps and isn't too hard to visualize lol. The level is really just a matter of testing to find which path is right for you, and once you find it, you will very rarely die.

Edited by KoopatroI
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KoopatroI said:

For level 17, I recommend looking at greenzsaber's route. I feel like that's a good starting point and maybe you can change your route slightly based off of what you're having trouble with.

Here's the picture from his guide (http://www.fatprinny.com/super-meat-boy--girl-boy-guide.html)

d5f8e5945eb8f8ef56b3918e4d430621.png.90fbcb35637afbdaa94bdfdd4eb4b048.png

I think I started with this route, but for some reason kept dying. So I modified it a bit and found a path that was pretty reliable for me. The main thing for me in regards to this level was that I would always die at the very start. I changed my route so as soon as the level began, I would barely move with bandage girl (like maybe make her take just 1 or max 2 steps) and then jump immediately after and land in between the first couple of missile launchers on the ground. Immediately after landing I would then jump in between the second couple of missile launchers on the ground. Wait for the missiles on the ceiling to fire (so wait like 1 second), then run to the wall and slide up. Wait for missiles to fire during my wall slide, then jump to the left wall and finish like in the picture above. Hopefully that helps and isn't too hard to visualize lol. The level is really just a matter of testing to find which path is right for you, and once you find it, you will very rarely die.

Yeah, I had already found a path, it's pretty much 100% success now. Almost got it yesterday.

• Like 1