Hardest Platinum To Date

TigressLion

Since it's really really easy to die in SMB, it's one of the hardest platinums to date. But calling it the hardest game? Is there even a game you can call "THE hardest"? I don't think so. It's pretty much impossible to precisely pinpoint the hardest game. You can just throw a hard game in the same bin as other hard games, but never call it the hardest ... imho.

Besides its really early to tell. I mean games has been out for 1 day only.

Technically, the game is 5 years old :P.

I didn't finished the game, but it looks like finishing every chapter without dying will be a major pain in the a**.

If we can use the cloud save "trick", it will be totally doable, but if not, this plat will clearly be one of the hardest. Even the best speedrunners die multiple times during most of the world, i doubt that a "normal" player will be able to do them without dying in a single sitting :)

• Like 1

In my opinion, it depends on the person. Granted, there are games out there that are generally hard. But can a game be considered THE hardest game to platinum? Wouldn't it depend on the person? Like I said earlier, there are games out there that MOST people who have played it found the platinum to be hard. That's why some games can be considered generally hard.

In general, all I'm trying to say is that a game can't be THE hardest game to platinum to date. Some/most people can all agree if a game can be the hardest platinum they have ever achieved/attempted, but that's not everyone. So, unless there is a game with a platinum that EVERYONE has played and can all agree that it is the hardest platinum in existence; then we have winner.

Again, this is my honest opinion.    

• Like 1

That's why Ninja Sigma Plus 2, Raiden 4 and 5 will remain the hardest plats. No co-op leaves majority of people speechless. Also you can do the pause technique for R4 but that's for pussies. 

Raiden 5 hasn't come out yet.

Ot: I don't think so. Besides the fact that no one has obtained the plat, you can save and/or have a rest between worlds (if I'm correctly informed cuz I don't have the game).

For now, Raiden IV is still considered to be the hardest according to some people on PS3T.org

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

I really don't think Super Meat Boy is one of the hardest platinums.

With looking at guides of people who got through the worlds without dying and enough practice, it's doable.

I'm still with the people who said Raiden IV and Persona 4 Arena are the hardest platinums to date right now. And I'm going for both.

Edited by Cielle

Honestly, slapping a "most difficult" label on anything is generally a bad idea. Nobody is going to agree on the same thing. I think everyone can accept that Super Meat Boy is not easy, above average, or hard even by normal standards. It's extreme, a good word to describe it and similar trophy lists / games, in my opinion.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/TunnelingEffect

There's my steam profile page, as you can see I've played 400+ hours and never got all the achievements. I take a lot of pride in the fact I even got the "majority" of them. It takes a special type of dedicated to go for the hardest no-death run trophies. I didn't link this just to brag, but to bring some perspective into the thread. There's a massive time investment going on, and even then, it doesn't guarantee shit. This is the type of game you can be the best at, and still totally suck complete ass and fail constantly.

Zombie Boy

Impossible Boy

Girl Boy

Demon Boy

These are the true, 4 platinum killers. Everything else is do-able with enough practice. These level sets are different in my opinion, another tier of gameplay.

• Like 3

I can confirm. Gran Turismo 5 is no joke. 

I concur (I also haven't played the other games mentioned in this thread, so I have no basis of comparison, but for GT5 it wasn't the long plat time, it was the countless hours doing the same few races over and over until my head ached, my fingers were cramping and my eyes were straining to focus, the majority of the game is pretty straight forward, just time consuming, but those challenges... I will forever be changed because of them).

• Like 1

From reading the articles, the fact that they think it'll be the hardest platinum ever because steam users only have certain achievements under 1% is amusing. Not all of them are achievement hunters and trophy collecting site like this have most trophies percentages at 3-5 times more than the global stats.