Hardest Platinum To Date

TigressLion

I actually lol'd at this posts. I see SMB not as legendary plat, neither is Raiden IV.

There are many 100% games, which "if" they had an platinum, would be legendary. Nevertheless these games, wether is Raiden IV, or SMB, are for sure hard, and not an easy going. And even if Raiden IV, has an pause exploit, it doesn't grant you the platinum, otherwise, stop complaining and get the platinum, if it's that easy with pausing.  :wave:

And what platinums and 100%'s would you consider "legendary"

No listing only games you have all trophies in pls

• Like 1

I consider Dustforce, Cloudberry and games like Chariot, to be legendary, simply because the sheer ammount of skill that needs to be obtained to master it.

Dustforce has one of the precised controls, which can on later levels, be extremly difficult and very hard to manage.

As for Cloudberry, this game offers you an magnificent and absourd level of madness difficulty wise.

The perfection you need to solve some of the last levels contain one of the most ridicilous gameplay ever.

Excellent dodging the obsticales are set to 100% presize.

For Chariot, the way you have to move and swing your momentum based Chariot are intense on the hidden level, are just intimidating and absourd hard.

The game can be done in coop, but even then you still have to master all speedruns on gold courses to even obtain the platinum.

I could list a few more games that holds on a legendary difficulty, but arn't either a platinum, or even that well known to be thought off well enough.

• Like 4

I actually lol'd at this posts. I see SMB not as legendary plat, neither is Raiden IV.

There are many 100% games, which "if" they had an platinum, would be legendary. Nevertheless these games, wether is Raiden IV, or SMB, are for sure hard, and not an easy going. And even if Raiden IV, has an pause exploit, it doesn't grant you the platinum, otherwise, stop complaining and get the platinum, if it's that easy with pausing.  :wave:

I wasn't complaining (: and i don't see why i should need to get the platinum to prove its gotten a bit easier xD? I'm speaking from whats been said by somebody that has the platinum. Nevertheless i'm sorry if i offended you or others /:

I consider Dustforce, Cloudberry and games like Chariot, to be legendary, simply because the sheer ammount of skill that needs to be obtained to master it.

Dustforce has one of the precised controls, which can on later levels, be extremly difficult and very hard to manage.

As for Cloudberry, this game offers you an magnificent and absourd level of madness difficulty wise.

The perfection you need to solve some of the last levels contain one of the most ridicilous gameplay ever.

Excellent dodging the obsticales are set to 100% presize.

For Chariot, the way you have to move and swing your momentum based Chariot are intense on the hidden level, are just intimidating and absourd hard.

The game can be done in coop, but even then you still have to master all speedruns on gold courses to even obtain the platinum.

I could list a few more games that holds on a legendary difficulty, but arn't either a platinum, or even that well known to be thought off well enough.

Don't forget Blood of the Werewolf, Hard:Corps & Giana Sisters, Crescent Pale Mist etc :)

If these games would have plats... these games would inflate. Same as doing "Untouchable" Trophy at DMC4:SE... if you couldn't noobtube it, but have to do it on a traditional way. No one would have it, except me and an other friend of me (LordGamolth) :D

The complaint here is just soo strong for SMB is because it has a plat and more people are giving it more attention then before. Not many plattformers has a plat btw, so ofc most of the people dont have the exp though. 

Sorry you won't hear from him your games... stop acting cool.  
Edited by xDLl0YD091x-
  • Like 1

What do you mean? He offered to do it for others as long as he got paid?

kFGkE.png

If these games would have plats... these games would inflate. Same as doing "Untouchable" Trophy at DMC4:SE... if you couldn't noobtube it, but have to do it on a traditional way. No one would have it, except me and an other friend of me (LordGamolth)  :D

I laughed so hard at this, sir god@gaming.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 4

I particularly like that your quoted comment was proceeded by a quip to Aela to "stop acting cool".

Anyway, I can't believe this thread still has legs. 

Isn't it ironic when someone says that someone has a smaller dick when they have their mouth full with their own? I find entertaining to read such things on the internet.

That's truly pathetic. It's guys like this that give trophy enthusiasts a bad name.

Well, it's not like he was the first guy on this forums to sell trophies. I know people that SharePlayed the Ultimate Battler trophy in Injustice PS4 for $50 too.

There are only people selling things where there are people buying, it's the rule of the economy. Trophies can be hacked, bought, achieved by someone else, etc. This is why I don't care about leaderboards, I'm happy trying to still overcome myself tomorrow in comparison to what I did today.

• Like 3

I guess for the people talking about Raiden's pause exploit, it's maybe worth noting that Super Meat Boy has a couple of small exploits too. You can quit a level before dying and it won't count as a death. Also except for the final world, you don't even need to use Meat Boy to get the trophies (So for example, you could use a character with a double jump to completely bypass some obstacles in a level)

But to be honest they're completely different genres so it's not even really worth comparing them. The 'hardest platinum' is different for everyone. I'm good at platformers so SMB wasn't that difficult for me, but I'd probably never even come close to the Raiden platinum since I've never played that kind of game. 

• Like 4

I guess for the people talking about Raiden's pause exploit, it's maybe worth noting that Super Meat Boy has a couple of small exploits too. You can quit a level before dying and it won't count as a death. Also except for the final world, you don't even need to use Meat Boy to get the trophies (So for example, you could use a character with a double jump to completely bypass some obstacles in a level)

But to be honest they're completely different genres so it's not even really worth comparing them. The 'hardest platinum' is different for everyone. I'm good at platformers so SMB wasn't that difficult for me, but I'd probably never even come close to the Raiden platinum since I've never played that kind of game.

Well said (: and congrats on that platinum man! I only need impossible boy.

And definitely Pinball Heroes (PSVita), without any doubt ! As there is only one player in the world who has unlocked the 100%- trophy more than 2 1/4 years after the release of the game and no one else is even close to unlocking it ! This is certainly one of the hardest trophies of all time and may easily be the hardest one !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's been two and a half months and nobody's managed to get the N++ platinum yet. Although that could be due to a number of reasons. Maybe it's more difficult to figure out than pull off, nobody's trying anymore, or it's just bugged.

Yeah, so having beat most of N++ now, missing some of the last extra hard level in N++, and some few of the last row and entire extra hard on legacy, and done all race, I can safely say that N++ is damn hard as well.

I'm pretty sure at least 2 people in the world should have obtained the N++ platinum trophy by now, but there is one co-op stage on extra hard that is impossible to beat. Currently, beating every single episode and level in the game, except for the secret dev levels, is required for this option to unlock, which includes the co-op levels. There's 1770 solo and race levels. Then an additional 1200 something co-op levels, getting you close to 3000 levels required to beat, and some of those are really hard. I mean, I've not gotten stuck with any yet, but some has taken me several hours to beat. It's practice, learning the level, some trail and error, perfecting, maybe some luck (though, it's not luck based, just you may do something good you didn't intend to or you pulled off something hard etc). What is certain is that even if it took me hours to beat a level, each time I played the level, I in average kept getting further and further in the level. Some seem downright impossible at first. It's so demotivating when you can't make it through 1/10th of the level without feeling lucky, but it's so damn motivating when you keep getting further and finally pull it off. :)

The co-op is local, and for the same reasons as why online co-op wouldn't have worked well, share play isn't a good for beating all co-op stages. Share play is fine for the trophies the co-op trophies that aren't about unlocking the option for beating all the levels, because it's basically to beat a total of 50 levels or so, where most are pretty easy.

Anyways, there will be a patch soon, they said within the month, but that's awfully near. I know it will fix the broken level. They will also adjust the requirement to unlock the option to exclude beating all the co-op levels, so that'll reduce the difficulty and absurd requirement of having not just a competent local player, but a solid platformer local player that has a lot of spare time. :P Hopefully it will come soon, as then I will be super near the plat.

But back at the topic, yes, N++ is damn hard. :P

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see that there are still hard plats to gain (in the last years usually the developers made easy trophies to increase the sales of the games), I really enjoyed Cloudberry Kingdom so I think I can plat this as soon as I'll get the ps4...well, at least from what I saw this game looks like Cloudberry Kingdom-The Revenge

• Like 1

Good to see that there are still hard plats to gain (in the last years usually the developers made easy trophies to increase the sales of the games), I really enjoyed Cloudberry Kingdom so I think I can plat this as soon as I'll get the ps4...well, at least from what I saw this game looks like Cloudberry Kingdom-The Revenge

Damn you completed Cloudberry Kingdom! Congratulazioni :P

• 1 month later...

Do you know how many people have played SMB vs. that game though on steam? It could be more of a case of selection bias. Platformers tend to reach a broader audience and attract more players. This game, with its rhythm element, puts it into a more niche genre, and may attract less players (which is why you have lower rarity percentages). 

Game looks fun though, I'll give it a whirl.

Edited by Beatmania2dxs

Do you know how many people have played SMB vs. that game though on steam? It could be more of a case of selection bias. Platformers tend to reach a broader audience and attract more players. This game, with its rhythm element, puts it into a more niche genre, and may attract less players (which is why you have lower rarity percentages). 

Game looks fun though, I'll give it a whirl.

Not even going by earned percentages, the game is much harder. Meat Boy is always the same, you can memorize level layouts and practice until you can do everything in one go without dying. Necrodancer you can't do this, since all the levels are randomly generated each time. There are also a couple trophies (Coda, low percent all characters) which are extremely difficult due to the restrictions associated with them. 

• Like 2

Multiple gaming websites are stating that Super Meat Boy will be the hardest platinum to date.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/super-meat-boy-sport-hardest-platinum-trophy-time-well-new-soundtrack/

http://mygaming.co.za/news/ps4/81994-super-meat-boy-has-the-hardest-platinum-trophy-ever.html

With a few others.

Do you guys agree, if not what is?

Hardest? No idea. Here is very hard 1 though: SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED. Try Lost Planet 2 lol.

Edited by Wikkibur

Not even going by earned percentages, the game is much harder. Meat Boy is always the same, you can memorize level layouts and practice until you can do everything in one go without dying. Necrodancer you can't do this, since all the levels are randomly generated each time. There are also a couple trophies (Coda, low percent all characters) which are extremely difficult due to the restrictions associated with them. 

I'm playing it now, and although it is a bit tricky at first, every enemy has a pattern and you're basically the one at fault if you end up dying because you moved into the enemy, etc. 

Super fun game so far. It will be hard to get those last trophies, dunno if it's as hard as SMB yet.