Help Get Dancing Gabe into NHL 17

Dr_Mayus

OK I know that there is like 3 people on this site that actually know who Dancing Gabe is but he has been Winnipeg's unofficial mascot for over 2 decades. Some Winnipeggers got upset that the "green men" of Vancouver got put into the game yet our Super Fan isn't in the game (despite being a staple at every Winnipeg Sporting event for over 2 decades) so they started a Change.org petition.

So I know these Change.org things are bullshit but if you would like to try and get EA to add in a local icon, that would be pretty cool :)

https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-get-dancing-gabe-in-ea-sports-nhl-17?recruiter=395536411

(the article)

http://www.metronews.ca/news/winnipeg/2015/10/07/fans-fight-to-get-dancing-gabe-into-eas-sports-next-nhl-video-ga.html

I could get behind this, I think stuff like this should be include in all sports games not just NHL.

That's the thing. I know quite a few people who only buy Madden or NHL or whatever and play it the whole year. These fans get into these games because they really like them. So how cool would it be if they are playing and stuff they are familiar with is in the game.

I actually don't play sports games but can anyone who does tell me if they yell TRUE NORTH during O' Canada at the Jets games? Because little things like that should be in it

(happens at about 30 seconds in :D)

OK I know that there is like 3 people on this site that actually know who Dancing Gabe is but he has been Winnipeg's unofficial mascot for over 2 decades. Some Winnipeggers got upset that the "green men" of Vancouver got put into the game yet our Super Fan isn't in the game (despite being a staple at every Winnipeg Sporting event for over 2 decades) so they started a Change.org petition.

So I know these Change.org things are bullshit but if you would like to try and get EA to add in a local icon, that would be pretty cool :)

https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-get-dancing-gabe-in-ea-sports-nhl-17?recruiter=395536411

(the article)

http://www.metronews.ca/news/winnipeg/2015/10/07/fans-fight-to-get-dancing-gabe-into-eas-sports-next-nhl-video-ga.html

Lol, so now die hard fans need to be in a game too :lol:.  I bet you wouldn't even care if the color wasn't green :P.

Lol, so now die hard fans need to be in a game too :lol:.  I bet you wouldn't even care if the color wasn't green :P.

You have offended Winnipeggers, good sir :angry: I am going to refuse to eat any delicious Winnipeg Old Dutch chips from now on. I am instead going to switch to... :rolleyes: ...Doritos (oh who am I kidding Doritos taste like ass :P)

You have offended Winnipeggers, good sir :angry: I am going to refuse to eat any delicious Winnipeg Old Dutch chips from now on. I am instead going to switch to... :rolleyes: ...Doritos (oh who am I kidding Doritos taste like ass :P)

I'm sorry, didn't mean to invoke the wrath of the almighy Winnipeggers :(. Here's some Old Dutch cheese as a peace offering :D. Let's face it: Old Dutch chips is simply the best :dance:.

I'm sorry, didn't mean to invoke the wrath of the almighy Winnipeggers :(. Here's some Old Dutch cheese as a peace offering :D. Let's face it: Old Dutch chips is simply the best :dance:.

Alright...I forgive you :). Also before the Trinity of Green, I used to rock another Trinity Sig. I call this one The Trinity of Winnipeggers...we are a powerful force and you don't want our wraith :angry:

2du0cwk.jpg

If the green men got put into an NHL game Dancing Gabe definitely deserves to be put in one.  He's a Winnipeg sports icon despite not being one of the athletes, and I think it would be pretty cool to see him in the game.

• Like 1

Alright...I forgive you  :). Also before the Trinity of Green, I used to rock another Trinity Sig. I call this one The Trinity of Winnipeggers...we are a powerful force and you don't want our wraith  :angry:

2du0cwk.jpg

LOL :lol: I can see why Winnie the Pooh is there, but what about the other 2?

A dragon that likes chips...everything i knew about dragons just flew out the window...

Yeah surprisingly human food tastes very good, so most of us don't bother eating humans anymore. Especially since they used to wear heavy armor. That gets stuck between the teeth and it's a nightmare to get it out.

• Like 1

LOL :lol: I can see why Winnie the Pooh is there, but what about the other 2?

Lt. Harry Colebourn was a Canadian soldier that donated a Black Bear (named Winnie) to the London zoo which became the inspiration for Winnie the Pooh. Colebourn was from Winnipeg :)

Homer Simpson is based of Matt Groening father who hails from Winnipeg :) Actually my step-dad's ex-wife is a Groening :)

Iam Flemming largely based the character of James Bond on William Stephenson who was born in Winnipeg :)

So in other words "Back to Winnipeg"

Lt. Harry Colebourn was a Canadian soldier that donated a Black Bear (named Winnie) to the London zoo which became the inspiration for Winnie the Pooh. Colebourn was from Winnipeg :)

Homer Simpson is based of Matt Groening father who hails from Winnipeg :) Actually my step-dad's ex-wife is a Groening :)

Iam Flemming largely based the character of James Bond on William Stephenson who was born in Winnipeg :)

So in other words "Back to Winnipeg"

LOL, ok I didn't know that. BTW Groening is a Dutch name :D.