Project Platinum: Ratchet & Clank

Dragon-Archon

16 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm hoping for more R&C games too, especially a port of the PSP games that I never played.

You could just chip away at those plats.

I realize this is a trophy-hunting site, but both PSP R&C games are on PSN and compatible with Vita. I enjoyed them both. Qwark is pretty funny in the first one (I can't remember if he's in the second one but it's a smaller role if he is). They are closer to the core R&C gameplay than FFA and A4O. 

5 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I realize this is a trophy-hunting site, but both PSP R&C games are on PSN and compatible with Vita. I enjoyed them both. Qwark is pretty funny in the first one (I can't remember if he's in the second one but it's a smaller role if he is). They are closer to the core R&C gameplay than FFA and A4O. 

Nice, I didn't know that.

11 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Qwark is in both PSP games. - Qwark's role is more of a hilarious side story rather than a main character in the second PSP game (Secret Agent Clank) whereas he helps Ratchet and Clank in the first PSP game (Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters)

Man I haven't played both R&C PSP games in over 6 years. Time to replay them...

Also - I'm surprised you didn't mention the R&C PSP's games ports to the PS2 - Those are the versions I played. It's easier to play IMO when the system has a right stick rather than "L" and "R" buttons for the camera :P.

11 hours ago, CypherNova139 said:

Qwark is in both PSP games. - Qwark's role is more of a hilarious side story rather than a main character in the second PSP game (Secret Agent Clank) whereas he helps Ratchet and Clank in the first PSP game (Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters)

Man I haven't played both R&C PSP games in over 6 years. Time to replay them...

Also - I'm surprised you didn't mention the R&C PSP's games ports to the PS2 - Those are the versions I played. It's easier to play IMO when the system has a right stick rather than "L" and "R" buttons for the camera :P.

I had to look up the games after reading your post. It was Qwark's role in Size Matters that I remembered, but after reading a summary I do recall his appearance in Secret Agent Clank... I think you actually play as him now that I think about it. 

I didn't mention the PS2 ports because I didn't know about them. Hmm, if they already exist on PS2 they should be candidates for PS4 release, and they would get trophies added in! For that matter, I wonder if we'll get the original trilogy and Deadlocked on PS4 someday. 

As for the PSP versions, playing them on Vita allows you to map the right stick to the L/R functionality, which is what I did. It does keep L/R as camera control also, but at least it makes it feel a bit more like a Vita game. :)

Dragon, I guess I am donning the robot suit for that wicked robot, Dr. Nefarious. I had forgotten to catalog my platinums for Into the Nexus, the new Ratchet and Clank: The Movie The Game, and the complete completion of Going Commando, so that bumps me up to 5. If only my copy of Crack in Time hadn't glitched out, I would have gotten that too. I finally got that demon out of my chest, My Blaster Runs Really Hot. (Got 10000 points after a lucky streak of prisoners dropped extra lives. :D)

On 17-12-2016 at 3:46 AM, Melanogaster1987 said:

Please upgrade my rank to Q-Force Cadet - I now have 3 R&C platinums (A Crack in Time, Deadlocked, and Into the Nexus).

Great, just sign this form to agree we're not responsible for any injuries or death that may occur and you're good to go.

35 minutes ago, DetectiveCJ said:

Dragon, I guess I am donning the robot suit for that wicked robot, Dr. Nefarious. I had forgotten to catalog my platinums for Into the Nexus, the new Ratchet and Clank: The Movie The Game, and the complete completion of Going Commando, so that bumps me up to 5. If only my copy of Crack in Time hadn't glitched out, I would have gotten that too. I finally got that demon out of my chest, My Blaster Runs Really Hot. (Got 10000 points after a lucky streak of prisoners dropped extra lives. :D)

Here's your mini Biobliterator and Courtney Gears CD, have fun hunting squishies.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Great, just sign this form to agree we're not responsible for any injuries or death that may occur and you're good to go.

Here's your mini Biobliterator and Courtney Gears CD, have fun hunting squishies.

Well, since I am never going to touch All-4-One or Full Frontal Assault, Squishy Killer is probably where I'll stay forever, so I might as well make the best of it. Maybe I can use this Mini-Biobliterator to evolve my Scyther to Scizor. xD

I have officially plat'd 3 R&C games now! I guess that boosts me up to the Q-Force Cadet level now. I recently finished up both Ratchet & Clank, and Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando on ps3. I'll chip away at more of them in the new year. I'm enjoying them and kinda mad at myself for not playing them when they originally came out, but glad I'm playing them now.

26 minutes ago, cease2123 said:

I have officially plat'd 3 R&C games now! I guess that boosts me up to the Q-Force Cadet level now. I recently finished up both Ratchet & Clank, and Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando on ps3. I'll chip away at more of them in the new year. I'm enjoying them and kinda mad at myself for not playing them when they originally came out, but glad I'm playing them now.

Great, just sign this form to agree we're not responsible for any injuries or death that may occur and you're good to go.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Squishy Vanquisher for me.

5 Plats for Ratchet & Clank 1-3, Deadlocked and All 4 One.

Nice, have fun hunting squishies while listening to the Courtney Gears CD :devil: .

8 hours ago, dein-the-dragoon said:

I platted Ratchet & Clank 3 on the PS3 in June 2016 and on 31st December the same year on the PSVita - which version does count?

Nonetheless, I'm up to 2 R&C plats!

You can choose which one counts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2016 at 7:01 AM, MosesRockefeller said:

You know what would bankrupt Insomniac? Making remakes of the PSP Ratchet and Clank games with trophy support. Seriously, those games wanted to be great but were horrible. The fact that Secret Agent Clank had rhythm segments killed it for me. :( I am surprised that they made Vita versions of the original trilogy considering that the controls were horrible, or so a certain Dragon told me. :|

Anyways, starting up my used copy of Ratchet and Clank 2016. Great game and I'll be tackling challenge mode with relish. ^_^

Edited by NebbyLunala

4 hours ago, Nexuds121 said:

Every Ratchet and Clank platinum games are easy to beat, super fun and enjoyable to play. I've platinum all of em. I just hope in future they can remastered all Ratchet and Clank platinum games in one disc.

In recognition of your hard work, you're hereby promoted to a guardian of the galaxy. Welcome to the Praetorians B) .

1 hour ago, Nexuds121 said:

I seriously thought you were giving me a trick compliment. And no i'm not even laughing, not even close.

It was a compliment for completing every game required for the platinum rank in this event. I already added you, so let me know if you don't want to be added.

Finally got around to getting the rest of the skill points in Deadlocked, giving me my 6th Ratchet & Clank platinum. Shame this port was so butchered as I was looking forward to playing it again, but some of those glitches just left me wanting to finish the game as quickly as possible :unsure:.

14 hours ago, Ratchet2425 said:

Finally got around to getting the rest of the skill points in Deadlocked, giving me my 6th Ratchet & Clank platinum. Shame this port was so butchered as I was looking forward to playing it again, but some of those glitches just left me wanting to finish the game as quickly as possible :unsure:.

Congrats :yay: . Yeah it's a shame about those glitches. I had lots of fun with this game on the PS2, but doing skill points over and over again because they just wouldn't unlock really reduced the fun rating. Though from what I hear, I was lucky that my save file didn't corrupt.