Project Platinum: Ratchet & Clank

Dragon-Archon

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'll be joining this when I finish my Project Platinums for Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed, and Hitman. However, I do have a question. Is the "reboot" of Ratchet & Clank from 2016 A) the same story as the original first R&C game, B) a continuation of the series that picks up where Into The Nexus left off, or C) an entirely new story that has nothing to do with either of the other stories? I ask because if it's not option B, I won't personally consider it part of the chronology due to individual preference, so I'd likely end up remaining at the Squishy Vanquisher rank. Thanks in advance for any answers! ?

10 hours ago, Kristen Danielle said:

I'll be joining this when I finish my Project Platinums for Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed, and Hitman. However, I do have a question. Is the "reboot" of Ratchet & Clank from 2016 A) the same story as the original first R&C game, B) a continuation of the series that picks up where Into The Nexus left off, or C) an entirely new story that has nothing to do with either of the other stories? I ask because if it's not option B, I won't personally consider it part of the chronology due to individual preference, so I'd likely end up remaining at the Squishy Vanquisher rank. Thanks in advance for any answers! 1f642.png

Option A but with retcon of Dr. Nefarious which completely craps over the backstories of UYA and IMO ruins the game, as Drek was an awesome villain in first game but now he is reduced to a puppet. If you've seen the movie you've played the game, story wise it's bad. Gameplay wise it was a lot of fun, although enemies do not respawn on subsequent planet visits just like ItN.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CypherNova139 said:

Option A but with retcon of Dr. Nefarious which completely craps over the backstories of UYA and IMO ruins the game, as Drek was an awesome villain in first game but now he is reduced to a puppet. If you've seen the movie you've played the game, story wise it's bad. Gameplay wise it was a lot of fun, although enemies do not respawn on subsequent planet visits just like ItN.

Interesting. I guess I'll skip that one, then, and stick to Squishy Vanquisher.

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

So this looks like it hasnt been updated in a while, the people in Lombax Praetorian have 9 platinum's however it is up to 12 now.

Requesting Lombax Praetorian please :)

It's not well stated in the OP if reading it quickly, but the plats must be unique to count for Praetorian.
So achieving that rank is still at 9 platinums until the new PS5 game releases. You can choose any combination of PS3 or Vita versions for the first 3 Ratchet games as long as you get at least one plat in each of the 3 games.

The stacks of the first 3 games are needed for the extra Elite medal which you get if you manage to do the stacks, PS move heroes (* idk about the JP stack), and both PSASBR stacks (* PSASBR now unobtainable if online trophies not finished).

Edited by CypherNova139
  • Like 1

I would like to be added to Lombax Praetorian,

in the next month or so I should have all 12 R&C plats. I already have PABR both ps3 and vita. I am waiting only my JP copy of move heroes to come in before I do both lists of that one. The ps5 game is pre-ordered. I should have R&C 3 on vita done in the next couple days and R&C 1 next weekend. By far my favorite game series ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would love to join!:)
i have already:

1. Ratchet & Clank 1 PS3
  2. Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando PS3
  3. Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal PS3
  4. Ratchet: Deadlocked / Gladiator
  5. Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
  6. Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
  7. Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus
  8. Ratchet & Clank

so only qforce is missing. but its installed on my ps3 and i also got an online partner so that will soon be added to my collection :)

Edited by Ich1994-1994

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the Platinums for:

Ratchet and Clank 2 [ known as Locked and Loaded in the UK ] PS3.

Ratchet and Clank 3 [ Up Your Arsenal in the US and just 3 here in the UK ]PS3.

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time.

Ratchet and Clank: Into The Nexus.

Ratchet and Clank Reboot. PS4

I haven't achieved a Platinum for Ratchet and Clank 1 [ cannot achieve that Twisty McMarx move ] and don't own, Gladiator/Deadlocked, All 4 One, or Q Force/Full Frontal Assault or Rift Apart [ I am waiting for a serious price drop on this one, I am not paying £42-£50 for a game that can be completed in 2-6 days ].

Edited by alexandra-jane09

Sounds sweet I'm in Lombax Praetorian

Ratchet and Clank (PS3 & PSVITA)

Ratchet and Clank 2 locked and loaded (PS3 & PSVITA)

Ratchet and Clank 3 up your arsenal (PS3 & PSVITA)

Ratchet Gladiator

Ratchet and Clank a crack in time

Ratchet and Clank all 4 one

Ratchet and Clank Qforce

Ratchet and Clank nexus

Ratchet and Clank (PlayStation 4)

Ratchet and Clank Rift apart 

https://psnprofiles.com/series/31-ratchet-clank

Edited by EchoJem