Anyone else disappointed?

ggdude

Maybe I didn't keep up with all of the news leading up to this release but I was super pumped to get a new Rock Band game. But when I popped it in last night for the first time, I was extremely disappointed to see there was no online play, no keyboard support, and the character creator was severely gimped. I'm also not a big fan of most of the new songs. All in all, I'm fairly disappointed in this release. I'm actually surprised the reviews have been so positive as, to me, it's really just Rock Band 2, with LESS features. 

That said, I'll still plat the hell out of it. ;)

• Like 1

It does feel a little sparse to be honest. I thought there would at least be instrument trainers/practice beyond just freestyle guitar solos, even if no trophies are attached to them. And I feel like stats have really been stripped back, like you can't even see your longest streak at the end of the song. There's not even tracking for trophies like Rock Band 3, I'm keeping a written list for the guitar solos for the Going Solo trophy. 

It's much more of a party game this time around. I had some friends over playing yesterday and in a full band with voting it is really fun, you smoothly go from song to song without that awkward endless scrolling through the tracks trying to decide, and when the game randomly selects between multiple votes it trolls you a bit and it goes over quite well. It's also really fun to troll fellow band members like voting for a song you know is ridiculous on a particular instrument. 

• Like 1

Yeah, maybe that's just it is it's now a local party game versus a game for music nerds. I also miss all the tracking and career goals that were in RB3. Perhaps I just have to accept that this game isn't for me and hope Guitar Hero Live will deliver what I'm craving.

Yeah it doesn't feel as good as RB2 and RB3 and I have to say it looks like the worst setlist out of the original 4 (still better than Green Day RB though). I'm still enjoying it and the plat looks easy enough.... Just wish I had people to play with me. Getting close to getting 30 gold stars ATM.