Project Platinum: Atelier

GarciaFever

Yes this thread is feeling the love again :lol:

@JoaoQuique I have updated you with the emblem, and used your title suggestions for the bonus emblems.

@Satoshi Ookami again, I don't know anything when it comes to alchemy. I don't know if you remember this, but way back when I set up the thread, I wanted to use the platinum title as Fullmetal Alchemist because I thought it was funny at the time, and that, from my point of view, it was making something out of nothing. I have never played any of the Atelier games (even though I have both Totori and Rorona on the PS3). Plus, when I last checked how many Atelier games there are in total, I wanted to edit the amount of plats needed so as to make it balanced when trying to get promoted to next rank.

If you have any other suggestions on what the titles should be named, you can post them on here and I can certainly change it if you like?

@Cave_Johnson_ That's what the old PS4 trophy notifications looked like? Damn I would prefer the current one lol.

@Yomako01 you've been added.

8 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

again, I don't know anything when it comes to alchemy. I don't know if you remember this, but way back when I set up the thread, I wanted to use the platinum title as Fullmetal Alchemist because I thought it was funny at the time, and that, from my point of view, it was making something out of nothing. I have never played any of the Atelier games (even though I have both Totori and Rorona on the PS3). Plus, when I last checked how many Atelier games there are in total, I wanted to edit the amount of plats needed so as to make it balanced when trying to get promoted to next rank.

You should seriously start playing them :awesome: 

8 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

If you have any other suggestions on what the titles should be named, you can post them on here and I can certainly change it if you like?

Wait, did I say something about titles? I believe titles are well thought =) 

I was talking about the required Plat amount for gold rank :) 

Since we have 8 main games, it would make more sense to have Gold rank for no-stack amount :D

9 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Wait, did I say something about titles? I believe titles are well thought =) 

I was talking about the required Plat amount for gold rank :) 

Since we have 8 main games, it would make more sense to have Gold rank for no-stack amount :D

Isn't the point of most PP threads to include games from multiple consoles, rather than just have it all come from 1 console though?

39 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Isn't the point of most PP threads to include games from multiple consoles, rather than just have it all come from 1 console though?

Sure, but you also should know overall stance towards stacks =D 

It was just a suggestion ;) I felt it could be a good idea if someone does not want to have two 'same' lists on profile =)

I just platinumed Atelier Firis last night.

cDnQfT7.jpg

I'll probably platinum the PS3 version of Escha next. That way, I will have finished off the dusk games entirely. 

Also, since it's so easy to record on PS4, I made this video from various recordings I took while playing Atelier Firis:

22 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

DOKO MITERUN DESU KA?! :awesome:

Lol, when I found out the characters reacted to being zoomed in on, I knew I had to put that at the end. 

25 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Though... crap, now I realize how developers are lazy since sand and plant gathering sentences are still the same after like 9 Ateliers xD

I didn't even realize it when I was editing the video, but now that I think about it, they are pretty much the same.

1 hour ago, GarciaFever said:

@Cave_Johnson_ If you have a pic of getting the platinum for Atelier Sophie, you can get the emblem, buuuuuuuut you don't. A shame too. :awesome:

You mean this one? :awesome::awesome::awesome: 

On 3/7/2017 at 11:26 AM, Cave_Johnson_ said:

I just platinumed Atelier Ayesha, so I'm at 2/6 for the PS3 games. Atelier Firis should be arriving tomorrow, (actually later today since it's already past 12AM, but whatever) hopefully around the time I get back from the gym.

I used the same party, lol. My platinum screenshot is better though ; )

jw9RGpW.jpg

Looking at this just reminded me of how much better the old trophy notifications looked. I hope they at least give some sort of option to change it back in a future update.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Platinumed Firis--- this makes for 6 (I'm already ranked in this tier)
I now get the PS4 bonus though ;)

Now time to go plat the Arland trilogy on PS3.... don't wanna start on Shallie Plus as *unpopular opinion* it's the second worst title after *another unpopular opinion* Firis.

15392896_405792056478004_680037444066289

18121412_497139690676573_764004523347882

44 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

don't wanna start on Shallie Plus as *unpopular opinion* it's the second worst title after *another unpopular opinion* Firis.

Dunno if they are really unpopular, though.

Shallie was objectively the weakest Atelier game from the modern ones and Firis is an open world which does not fit Atelier at all.

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Dunno if they are really unpopular, though.

Shallie was objectively the weakest Atelier game from the modern ones and Firis is an open world which does not fit Atelier at all.

I see so much love for Shallie everywhere I go (mainly for Shallotte)... and both of the games are rated very highly by game critics... I think Firis is even the highest rated from the critics that have reviews for it and Shallie is generally 2-4 depending on the reviewer.

For me, its:
Rorona > Ayesha > Meruru > Escha & Logy > Sophie > Totori > Shallie >= Firis

(which is pretty much the reverse order of game review ratings)

2 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I see so much love for Shallie everywhere I go (mainly for Shallotte)...

Interesting, I was only seeing how Shallie was bad =D

2 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I think Firis is even the highest rated from the critics that have reviews for it

Must be PS4 influence. It's on PS4 == it's awesome...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to duck in, then duck out once again, but I have a couple of questions regarding Atelier Meruru (PS3). It's my first playthrough, and I would like to know when I get the traveler shoes, blessed coin, etc. I know I get it depending on my Alchemy level. Does anyone remember what level that is? Been searching, can't find any info.

Also, is the time really that generous? I have to go back and forth to find the right ingredients with the right traits. I even had to go back to get bombs to fight Ghost box. Which ties into my first question, when do I get those shoes? 

From what I read of GameFAQS, you need to be Alchemy level 35. To make them, you need World Spirits, and those will be in the area where the dear element request is.

EDIT: also:

Sprint just increases your walking speed OFF of the world map, which saves you real-life time, but doesn't improve your in-game use of game days

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

From what I read of GameFAQS, you need to be Alchemy level 35. To make them, you need World Spirits, and those will be in the area where the dear element request is.

Wth? How did I miss that...I guess I got to read gamefaqs ag...was it in the "read before you post" thread? I admittedly never read those.