Project Platinum: Atelier

GarciaFever

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

The way that you worded it, I believe that the additional content makes it worth to revisit. 

Rorona plus is my favorite Arland game so far, no only because you have 3D model instead the chibi version, also you have an overtime and some extras and new stuff to do, it could be worth to try it if you want replay Rorona one more time, also you can either buy it on PS4 or on PS3, both are the same game. 

• Like 1

Finally I decided to join this Project Platinum, with 10 Atelier platinum trophies! ;) Here there's the list (not in chronological order):

Atelier Rorona Plus

Atelier Ayesha

Atelier Escha & Logy

Atelier Shallie

Atelier Shallie Plus

Atelier Sophie

Atelier Firis

Atelier Lydie & Suelle

Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists

Atelier Lulua

https://psnprofiles.com/Phoenix_argentea?search=atelier

I should be an "Alchemy Master", right? But I didn't understand one thing: is Nelke only a bonus game or is it added together with the other regular games?

Thank you! :)

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 2:59 PM, Phoenix_argentea said:

Finally I decided to join this Project Platinum, with 10 Atelier platinum trophies! ;) Here there's the list (not in chronological order):

Atelier Rorona Plus

Atelier Ayesha

Atelier Escha & Logy

Atelier Shallie

Atelier Shallie Plus

Atelier Sophie

Atelier Firis

Atelier Lydie & Suelle

Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists

Atelier Lulua

I should be an "Alchemy Master", right? But I didn't understand one thing: is Nelke only a bonus game or is it added together with the other regular games?

Thank you! :)

Nelke is a bonus game, so it's not mandatory for the platinum. But you do get a nice emblem to your name for getting the plat :D

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

Dude, Nelke is almost a mandatory game, we wait 20 years to see all alchemist in the same place, so be proud about your Nelke platinum and put it on your trophy cabinet now. :awesome:

It's a shame Judie's parrot was no present... 1f62d.png

Well, I made Nelke the 6.000 trophy milestone, so I'm fine with it! And I'm really proud of it! xD

On 13/10/2019 at 11:38 PM, Cryogenicide_X said:

I've always wanted to play the Atelier games and I actually might start playing them.

Does anyone know or have a list of them all in order they should be played? Also, what the easiest to hardest ones are in order of difficulty. 

The games are divide in trilogies, so you should start with the first of them, but every trilogy is set in a different "universe", so you can choose the trilogy you like:

• Arland trilogy (PS3, Vita, PS4) [the PS4 versions are called DX and they are the Vita "Plus" games]
  1. Atelier Rorona (PS3 for the vanilla version, and available only on the PS3), and Atelier Rorona Plus (PS3, Vita, and PS4);
  2. Atelier Totori (PS3) and Atelier Totori Plus (Vita and PS4);
  3. Atelier Meruru (PS3) and Atelier Meruru Plus (Vita and PS4);
  4. Atelier Lulua (PS4) (Actually is a stand alone, so you can play it without knowing anything of the previous games).
  • Dusk trilogy (PS3, Vita, PS4) [again, the PS4 versions are called DX and they are the Vita "Plus" games, but the PS4 games versions will be released in January 2020]
  1. Atelier Ayesha (PS3) and Atelier Ayesha Plus (Vita);
  2. Atelier Escha & Logy (PS3) and Atelier Escha & Logy Plus (Vita);
  3. Atelier Shallie (PS3) and Atelier Shallie Plus (Vita).
  • Mysterious Trilogy (PS4, and Vita only in Japan (well, I think! :hmm: Maybe the same for the PS3 version of Sophie))
  1. Atelier Sophie;
  2. Atelier Firis;
  3. Atelier Lydie & Suelle.

Bonus game for the 20th anniversary of the series: Nelke & The Legendary Alchemists (different from the previous games, because is a city building and management) (PS4, Vita in Japan)

Upcoming game: Atelier Ryza (1st November 2019) (PS4)

The Arland games are the most difficult due to the tight time managent (but story and characters are great!). Maybe a beginner should start with Ayesha (time management is easier, and Shallie was the first game with no time management), but another good starting point could be Sophie (with no time limit) or Lulua (the 4th game of the Arland trilogy. Again, it has no time limit).

In my case, my first Atelier games was Sophie, followed by Firis and Ayesha! xD

• Like 1

On 18/10/2019 at 10:57 PM, Phoenix_argentea said:

The games are divide in trilogies, so you should start with the first of them, but every trilogy is set in a different "universe", so you can choose the trilogy you like:

• Arland trilogy (PS3, Vita, PS4) [the PS4 versions are called DX and they are the Vita "Plus" games]
  1. Atelier Rorona (PS3 for the vanilla version, and available only on the PS3), and Atelier Rorona Plus (PS3, Vita, and PS4);
  2. Atelier Totori (PS3) and Atelier Totori Plus (Vita and PS4);
  3. Atelier Meruru (PS3) and Atelier Meruru Plus (Vita and PS4);
  4. Atelier Lulua (PS4) (Actually is a stand alone, so you can play it without knowing anything of the previous games).
  • Dusk trilogy (PS3, Vita, PS4) [again, the PS4 versions are called DX and they are the Vita "Plus" games, but the PS4 games versions will be released in January 2020]
  1. Atelier Ayesha (PS3) and Atelier Ayesha Plus (Vita);
  2. Atelier Escha & Logy (PS3) and Atelier Escha & Logy Plus (Vita);
  3. Atelier Shallie (PS3) and Atelier Shallie Plus (Vita).
  • Mysterious Trilogy (PS4, and Vita only in Japan (well, I think! :hmm: Maybe the same for the PS3 version of Sophie))
  1. Atelier Sophie;
  2. Atelier Firis;
  3. Atelier Lydie & Suelle.

Bonus game for the 20th anniversary of the series: Nelke & The Legendary Alchemists (different from the previous games, because is a city building and management) (PS4, Vita in Japan)

Upcoming game: Atelier Ryza (1st November 2019) (PS4)

The Arland games are the most difficult due to the tight time managent (but story and characters are great!). Maybe a beginner should start with Ayesha (time management is easier, and Shallie was the first game with no time management), but another good starting point could be Sophie (with no time limit) or Lulua (the 4th game of the Arland trilogy. Again, it has no time limit).

In my case, my first Atelier games was Sophie, followed by Firis and Ayesha! xD

Thanks for the list. Quick question, what's the difference between the normal and the plus versions of the Atelier games? What's different in the plus version. 

9 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Thanks for the list. Quick question, what's the difference between the normal and the plus versions of the Atelier games? What's different in the plus version. 

As @AlchemistWer said, Rorona Plus has an entire new chapter after the end of the vanilla version, called Overtime (one extra year with the other two Alchemists Totori and Meruru, two extra dungeons with powerful bosses). Do you know the Kingdom Hearts series and the second release called Final Mix? Well, is could be a good comparison, since the Atelier Plus versions have additional contents: new dungeons, extra bosses, additional cutscenes, more playable characters, maybe also more costumes, and sometimes new episodes/chapters (like the Rorona Plus). Maybe you can call them the "Definitive edition" of that Atelier game, but is not bad starting with the vanilla game and then play also the Plus version (and you can also stack more platinum if you like these games). Another example could be Shallie and Shallie Plus (the only games that I played both versions): the Plus version has more cutscenes related to the relationships between characters and also more details about the Dusk, more playable characters (in the Plus version you have more than 10 characters, while in the vanilla "only" 7 or 8), an extra final dungeon with a powerful boss (useful for grinding exp points and good traits).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welp, I wasn't expecting Atelier to keep on getting popular. Anyone attempting to reach platinum rank can now be able to earn another emblem by completing the DX versions of the Dusk series. Best of all, the Dusk DX games are not required to reach platinum rank. Emblem will be updated as soon as possible.

EDIT: I just added the image in the main post fb475d98f0c1f55589fc9c998a2ed0da15776479

Edited by GarciaFever

• 5 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 8:41 AM, Maverick6146 said:

Hi,

Just like to sign up with 4 titles....

Meruru Plus

Ayesha

Escha & Logy

Sophie

1. I was turned off after Sophie as the game play seems to be going downturn, but recently convinced on getting back from Ryza, still waiting for a sale though.

2. Somehow I thought i played Shallie but actually i didn't :(

You've been added.

Edited by GarciaFever

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! :) A new update: I've just finished the Arland DX trilogy and now I've reached 14 Atelier platinum trophies (actually I think they're 13, since Rorona Plus and Rorona DX are the same games).

Anyway, now I can add the bonus Arland emblem. ^_^

P.S.: I see that I haven't the Ryza emblem. :wave:

Bonus picture with a very happy Totori! ;)

cwI0ItP.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/14/2020 at 3:17 PM, Phoenix_argentea said:

Hello! :) A new update: I've just finished the Arland DX trilogy and now I've reached 14 Atelier platinum trophies (actually I think they're 13, since Rorona Plus and Rorona DX are the same games).

Anyway, now I can add the bonus Arland emblem. ^_^

P.S.: I see that I haven't the Ryza emblem. :wave:

Bonus picture with a very happy Totori! ;)

cwI0ItP.jpg

Fixed and updated. There are so many Atelier games that, to me, they all look the same lol :P.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...