Project Platinum: Atelier

GarciaFever

I just saw the thread today.

/in as an Atelier Artisan (Rorona Plus, Totori Plus, Meruru Plus and Ayesha Plus; pretty much everything that we have in EU for Vita   ;) )

I'll join as an alchemy apprentice.

I only completed Atelier Rorona plus but I plan to get the rest of the Arland trilogy eventually.

I'll join too!

I currently have :

Atelier Ayesha

Atelier Escha and Logy

Atelier Meruru

Atelier Rorona

Atelier Totori

So that makes me an Atelier Artisan I suppose :)

dam, i did't play plus version but Rorona plus,i like to join too, I've plated Rorona, Rorona plus, Totori, Meruru, Ayesha, Escha & Logy, Shallie

Added all of you people. Sorry that I didn't reply until just now.

Ok so I had a bit of money and me have spashed the cash on at least one of each game (missing the plus versions of a couple) any suggestions on a good game to start with xD

Edit: Also does anyone have a link to an EU/NA version of the plus games? all I seem so find are JP imports that aren't allowed? ​

Edited by Daxteriy

Ok so I had a bit of money and me have spashed the cash on at least one of each game (missing the plus versions of a couple) any suggestions on a good game to start with xD

Edit: Also does anyone have a link to an EU/NA version of the plus games? all I seem so find are JP imports that aren't allowed? ​

Going by the timeline, I believe Atelier Rorona is the first game in the Atelier series and is also the hardest of them all. The normal version is pretty strict in terms of the requirements and all must be met before the last assignment, which is assignment 12. You are time based on days and if you are new to the series, the game is easily a 5/10 if not higher. The original version of Rorona does not allow you to stack the endings, as once you reach a certain friendship with a particular character, you are given their respective ending. The hardest ending of the ending trophies is Astrid's ending. Astrid's ending requires you to get each character in the game (or the ones you can control in terms of fighting) to a certain amount of friendship. Once you complete the final assignment and if you have fulfilled every characters ending requirements or activated their flag, you will get her ending. However, if you only focus on one character you only get that one character.

The main difference between the Plus version and the original is:

• In the Plus version, the max friendship you can obtain is 60 on the field and the remaining through requests from the Castle Front Desk.
  • In the Plus version, friend requests are different and can only be accessed through the Castle Front Desk. In the original game, you can walk up to the characters and do their requests there. 
  • In the Plus version, there is an additional mode after the main story called 'Overtime mode'. Essentially, this is a mode if you have played the Atelier Meruru and Totori games as they both come as playable characters to aid Rorona. However, unlike the main game, you are still timed on your objective; however, you are given 12 months to do so. This mode also includes super-powered bosses (and cheap), enemies that have respective trophies tied to them. During the 12 month time span, you will need to craft the ultimate gear for Meruru and Totori.
  • In the Plus version, Astrid becomes a playable character around assignment 8. Astrid is extremely powerful and comes with powerful de-buffing abilities - which is great for boss fight both in the main game and during 'Overtime mode'.
  • In the Plus version, several areas have been modified and or changed, but nothing too drastic.
  • In the Plus version, the Tera Bomb is not a one-shot kill unlike in the original Atelier Rorona. Instead, it is a dud for the most part, meaning you must either make Meteors with Soul Steal + Swarm Slayer (enemy groups) or Meteors with Soul Steal + Loner Slayer (bosses). There are other stats which you must consider as well when making bombs and using them in battle - take note: Do NOT make more than two copies of bombs nor rely on them too often. Making Bombs such as those take a lot of materials to make, thus wasting your time. Once you have gained 30 friendship with the Blacksmith (which can only be done by friend requests through the Castle Front Desk) you will gain access to his wholesale option, thus allowing you to buy those exact bombs from him a reasonable price.
  • In both versions, Quality > Quantity or Quality = Quantity. Do not under any circumstances make more of an item just because you lack the quality or quantity; one is enough - if you can whole sale it, do it until you have the materials to make a better Quality or add more. If you do, you are wasting your time and the in-game time which could have been used to train your Adventurer Level to 60 for the respective ending.
  • In the Plus version, you are given a New Game + option unlike the original game. This in turn makes the game really easy since you know ahead of time what to expect from each assignment. Additionally, you keep all your money and the gear at which you have equipped to each party member. Just a word of advise: equip what you want to keep, then sell everything before actually turning in assignment 12; you will be rich going into New Game+, trust me.
  • In the Plus version, you are able to unlock every single ending in one playthrough if you meet every characters requirements. Each party member, except for one, requires at least 60 friendship to unlock their flag. The other character which I mentioned requires 80 to unlock his or her flag. That means you must complete additional friend requests for them to unlock their ending.
Edited by x410xDragon

*snip*

Ok so Rorona Plus is the only plus game I brought so it seems like it would be better to start there and play Rorona after I finish Rorona Plus?

Thanks for the amazing well written reply

And I will taint this beautiful post with saying that Ayesha would be more appropriate way how to start :awesome:

My Copy of Ayesha Hasn't arrived yet so I'm afraid I'll have to agree with the eloquent post above (its the only game I ordered that is yet to arrive) but thanks I may have to try it when it arrives

Also does anyone have any links to sites I can buy EU versions of the Plus games besides Rorona? I can't seem to find them on Ebay or amazon? or am I just stupid?

Ok so Rorona Plus is the only plus game I brought so it seems like it would be better to start there and play Rorona after I finish Rorona Plus?

Thanks for the amazing well written reply

My Copy of Ayesha Hasn't arrived yet so I'm afraid I'll have to agree with the eloquent post above (its the only game I ordered that is yet to arrive) but thanks I may have to try it when it arrives

Also does anyone have any links to sites I can buy EU versions of the Plus games besides Rorona? I can't seem to find them on Ebay or amazon? or am I just stupid?

Atelier+ English versions are digital only with the exception of Rorona+ PS3.

And I will taint this beautiful post with saying that Ayesha would be more appropriate way how to start :awesome:

I kinda agree. Totori was definitely the most difficult one for me, I kept missing some events and I had to go through 4 playthroughs to get the plat.

Rorona and Meruru are about the same level to me, not that difficult, especially in New Game + and with a guide.

Ayesha and Escha to Logy are the easiest but the latter's gameplay differs slightly from the other ones if I remember correctly.

And we have more things to aim for :awesome:

Shallie Plus!

http://gematsu.com/2015/11/atelier-shallie-plus-announced-ps-vita

New thingies:

Ayesha from Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk and Logy from Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky will appear and can participate in battle.
There will be new scenarios to supplement parts that lacked sufficient explanation. With Ayesha and Logy’s appearance, various explanations and interpretations regarding “Dusk” are being added.
The events concerning the quarrels between Shallistera and Shallote have been reconstructed, plus there will be additional character events for Ayesha and Logy. They’re exceding the amount of text in Atelier Escha & Logy Plus.
All of the downloadable content from the original version will be included. New costumes and bosses are also being added.

Q&A with director

Q: What kind of content will the new scenario feature?

A: It’ll fill in some gaps that we weren’t able to in the original version. With the appearances of Ayesha and Logy, we’ll get to dive into various details and interpretations of Dusk.

Q: Will Ayesha and Logy be able to participate in battle?

A: Of course it’ll be possible.

Q: In addition to the scenario that will touch up on the mystery of Dusk, tell us more on other events that will be added.

A: We’ll see Shallistera and Shallotte’s “argument event” rebuilt with deep emotion, additional character events for Ayesha and Logy… and it’ll be something that surpasses Escha & Logy Plus as far as text quantity goes.

Q: What other parts have been improved?

A: In addition to the complete set of DLC from the original version, there will be new costumes, bosses, and other new elements that will surely please those who played the original version.

• Like 1

And we have more things to aim for :awesome:

Shallie Plus!

http://gematsu.com/2015/11/atelier-shallie-plus-announced-ps-vita

New thingies:

Ayesha from Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk and Logy from Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky will appear and can participate in battle.
There will be new scenarios to supplement parts that lacked sufficient explanation. With Ayesha and Logy’s appearance, various explanations and interpretations regarding “Dusk” are being added.
The events concerning the quarrels between Shallistera and Shallote have been reconstructed, plus there will be additional character events for Ayesha and Logy. They’re exceding the amount of text in Atelier Escha & Logy Plus.
All of the downloadable content from the original version will be included. New costumes and bosses are also being added.

Q&A with director

Q: What kind of content will the new scenario feature?

A: It’ll fill in some gaps that we weren’t able to in the original version. With the appearances of Ayesha and Logy, we’ll get to dive into various details and interpretations of Dusk.

Q: Will Ayesha and Logy be able to participate in battle?

A: Of course it’ll be possible.

Q: In addition to the scenario that will touch up on the mystery of Dusk, tell us more on other events that will be added.

A: We’ll see Shallistera and Shallotte’s “argument event” rebuilt with deep emotion, additional character events for Ayesha and Logy… and it’ll be something that surpasses Escha & Logy Plus as far as text quantity goes.

Q: What other parts have been improved?

A: In addition to the complete set of DLC from the original version, there will be new costumes, bosses, and other new elements that will surely please those who played the original version.

Man I really need to start getting into these Atelier games. I still have Rorona unopened in my room.

Edited by GarciaFever

Don't have any alchemy titles under my belt, but snagged the Arland Trilogy at Gamestop for $40. I might try it with Rorona first since that is the first of the trilogy, but even after reading a Let's Play of it, it is very confusing and I don't want to end up having to do six playthroughs, so if anyone could PM me a lot of tips? I know that you have to get only eight small stars in each assignment to ensure you can activate all the generic endings(from Bad to True) and get everyone's Trust to 100 so you can cancel requests to drop everyone you don't want down so you can manipulate endings, but the whole thing seems a bit scary. I don't want to start playing the game if I can't plat it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I decided to toss it back to the Gamestop bin after seeing the "Game Over" trophy. I don't think I can handle a game that makes you get all the endings in it, including the bad ones - I hate bad endings and the thought of seeing poor Rorona getting kicked out of town and evicted because she slept through her assignment is too painful. Is there any Atelier game that doesn't make you get a trophy for a bad ending? I had high hopes for the series too. :(

Edited by DetectiveCJ

EDIT: Nevermind, I decided to toss it back to the Gamestop bin after seeing the "Game Over" trophy. I don't think I can handle a game that makes you get all the endings in it, including the bad ones - I hate bad endings and the thought of seeing poor Rorona getting kicked out of town and evicted because she slept through her assignment is too painful. Is there any Atelier game that doesn't make you get a trophy for a bad ending? I had high hopes for the series too. :(

Don't give up because of that.

It's not bad ending that would be really sad, all bad endings in Atelier just mean the heroines gave up on alchemy.

It may seem harsh, but if you quickly get back to normal route, you will forget it soon ;)

Well, I couldn't trade in the disc because the game was sealed and they won't allow you to trade in sealed games for credit.

I'll give it a whirl on my other account - maybe if I see the bad ending on one account I won't get afraid of it. I just don't like seeing main characters getting hurt. :(

Also, setting it up is a bit difficult - I don't want to just use the couch multiple times to sleep through the months as events might trigger.

Well, sign me up as a Potion Brewer. I have Rorona, Escha/Logy (the only platinum) and recently acquired Ayesha Plus and Shallie.

EDIT: Wait, now that I see the rules better, I think I would be an Alchemy Apprentice. Do we just have to complete the game or get the platinum?

Edited by ab4h4r4k1