Exploits for 0 deaths?

WatertownsFinest

only thing that you can use, is to go out of the stage befor you die . e.g : you jump way to far and you see that you die in 2 seconds , menue and back to map .      But it is very very rare that you see a death incoming and have enough time to quit out.  .... very rare....

• Like 2

A really simple exploit is doing a character switch from the pause menu when you're about to die. I did this before on the second world and the trophy still popped. Yeah, sure sometimes you can't see a death coming, but as you're practicing, you'll get better at seeing times where you're about to die. Then simply press start and switch characters. It must be a different character, otherwise if you press the same character by accident, your trajectory just continues instead of bringing you back to the start of the level.

Play LittleBigPlanet's The Bunker "Wheel of Death" about 200 times like I did to get the Platinum.

Then follow Satoshi Ookami's advice, followed by BHK3's advice.

Sorry to anyone who feels like I just exposed an exploit to cheapen the trophies for SMB for the OP!

Chi... don't switch my kanji  :P

Edit: No disrespect intended. Apologies.

Edited by DaivRules

These aren't exploits by any means, but...

1. You can do the levels in any order, so I would start with the one that you consider the most difficult and then go in order from there, looping back to the first one when you finish the last. Just keep going non-stop, looping the world as many times as you have to before you get it.

2. What I plan on doing for the harder worlds is going for the trophies on the PS4 version. For each stage I reach on the PS4 I plan to warm up to it by playing it until I feel I've perfected it on the Vita.

Realistically though I don't expect to ever Plat this title. Although I am pleasantly surprised I've done as much of it as I have already.

• 5 weeks later...

Do you have to beat the whole world without deaths? Or (for example) can you complete the first stage without deaths, die on the second and only have to restart from the second? Or would you have to restart from stage 1 and beat it again with no deaths?

Edited by LeetWolf2

Do you have to beat the whole world without deaths? Or (for example) can you complete the first stage without deaths, die on the second and only have to restart from the second? Or would you have to restart from stage 1 and beat it again with no deaths?

You have to beat all 20 levels in a row without dying. However you can complete them in any order (i.e you start with 18, then you exit to map and do 10, then 14 etc.), but you have to do them all without dying. Otherwise these trophies would be pointless, because the only thing you'd have to do is just finish the world :D

Edited by Tommy_Games_SVK

You have to beat all 20 levels in a row without dying. However you can complete them in any order (i.e you start with 18, then you exit to map and do 10, then 14 etc.), but you have to do them all without dying. Otherwise these trophies would be pointless, because the only thing you'd have to do is just finish the world :D

Thanks for clearing that up. But no the trophies wouldn't be pointless because you'd still have to beat each level without dying just not in a row. Knowing what you told me now, I'm still going to attempt to platinum this game, even though it's pretty crazy :S

What you said about beating a level with no deaths and being able to back out to the level select menu....couldn't you beat a level without dying, back up your save to the cloud, then if you die on the next level just download your save again?

Edited by LeetWolf2

Honestly, this game isn't as bad as it looks. It's challenging, and there's a learning curve but if you take your time it's doable. I've been slowly making my way toward the platinum whenever I have free time to play.

I recommend practicing with the iron man videos:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/super-meat-boy/276242-iron-man-trophy-videos.html

There were some character changes in those videos that I wouldn't have thought of using that made some of the levels way easier.

When you start getting to the more difficult worlds, start with levels that are the most challenging to get them out of the way. A lot of levels typically have a muscle memory pattern. (Dark Hell, level 19 for example).

It's worth mentioning again that if you see that you're about to die, pause and switch characters or return to the menu. The moment you get hit though, it registers as a death (for example, you can still pause and switch characters when you hit something before the level "resets", but it still counts as a death).

Thanks for clearing that up. But no the trophies wouldn't be pointless because you'd still have to beat each level without dying just not in a row. Knowing what you told me now, I'm still going to attempt to platinum this game, even though it's pretty crazy :S

What you said about beating a level with no deaths and being able to back out to the level select menu....couldn't you beat a level without dying, back up your save to the cloud, then if you die on the next level just download your save again?

I don't think that would work, as you would have to go to the title screen to load a new save, and that negates the trophy run. 

I don't think that would work, as you would have to go to the title screen to load a new save, and that negates the trophy run. 

Indeed, this is exactly the case. Once you leave the level selection screen whatsoever (other than going into a level of course) the no-death run ends.

The developer is smart, I doubt he would have made a mistake like this.

Yeah, we're lucky exiting to the map is even allowed. I just have dark world Cotton Alley left now, it's pretty cool how things look incredibly daunting at first but you eventually get the timing down. Then it's just a matter of getting that perfect run. My whole body was shaking after I completed light world Cotton Alley, so intense.

Damn, I'm still stuck on Dark Rapture. It's only been about a day of practice, so hopefully I'll get it soon.

I fucking hate when you've done 19 levels and you die on the last one. I was doing dark hell the other day and I was like, fuck yeah, just 5-2x left. Then splat. Died on the most random thing from nerves.

I did it. Didn't think it was possible when I first started. There's really no secrets tactics to divulge. Green Z-Saber's videos are great if you're having trouble figuring out a route or having trouble with timing, but knowing what you need to do is only like 10% of the battle. You just have to keep playing the levels until you can complete them consistently enough to attempt no-death runs. I went through the levels one by one and ranked them by how difficult they were, then took care of the more difficult ones first.