Project Platinum Plus: Shonen Jump - Original

jemmie

1 minute ago, soultaker655 said:

So am I stuck as a Trainee forever or can I still rank up?

You can rank up. You just can't ever be double plat rank.

You only ranked down because you now don't meet the requirements for Ultimate Sidekick. Normally, you'd be the first Trainee, but I made you the last one instead. I doubt you care.

@jem12345

Here is an idea I had for this PP: 

Instead of making this a double plat PP, how about just giving the people who earn the Hokage, King of the Pirates, and Super Saiyan emblems 12 leaderboard points?

This keeps all the games in this PP, but still rewards participants in the same ways as if there was a Naruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball PP.

Just now, soultaker655 said:

@jem12345

Here is an idea I had for this PP: 

Instead of making this a double plat PP, how about just giving the people who earn the Hokage, King of the Pirates, and Super Saiyan emblems 12 leaderboard points?

This keeps all the games in this PP, but still rewards participants in the same ways as if there was a Naruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball PP.

This was already suggested to me, and it's just one of the main problems I've been addressing. I don't want Shonen Jump to be a giant point pool. If the big series had plats, people would plat those series and ignore the others. Not doing that encourages people to dip their toes into some of the more obscure series with relatively easier plats. This PP has encouraged me to play FOTNS, and it was absolutely amazing, the second game being one of my top 20 games of all time. I see some others have done the same thing, and I'm happy for them.

• Like 2

So @xZoneHunter has officially green lit my idea of double rankings, but rather than do them right away, I'm going to wait until I add Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm; so this weekend. :P

Once PP renovations settle down, I'll go back to my usual system of giving advance notice of what ranks are changing as more games come out.

I watched three episodes of Medaka Box, and it's pretty good so far. To keep everyone's rank relatively similar, I'm going to make Medaka the double bronze rank instead of my original plan. The new rank we'll be called Medaka's Disciple and will be earned when having at least one more platinum than required for the plat rank. That way, the proportions for the first cycle will be exactly the same as those of the second cycle.

In fact, the only person going down a rank this weekend is @zajac9999. You have a few days to plat a game, so...good luck with that.

So I just finished S ranking all the story mission in ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 4 and the 90% hp requirement is the worst. It makes some of this fights near unplayable. 
All of the Kaguya fights are terrible and the last sasuke fight turns into a never get hit battle because all of his attacks do like 15%.

I hope the rest of the naruto games aren't this bad.

34 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

So I just finished S ranking all the story mission in ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 4 and the 90% hp requirement is the worst. It makes some of this fights near unplayable. 
All of the Kaguya fights are terrible and the last sasuke fight turns into a never get hit battle because all of his attacks do like 15%.

I hope the rest of the naruto games aren't this bad.

Ah yes, the Sasuke fight. Good times. The S Ranks were tricky at times, but none of them were that bad. They just get frustrating if you don't stay patient.

Congrats on finishing those up. The rest of the game should be a breeze.

time for a little update as I will plat them 25-27 August

Ready to plat:

1. Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection(fun trip down the memory lane and Budokai 3 made me a fan of the great Dragon Ball franchise)
  2. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2(Pain was a Pain in the... the :triangle: mashing parts was a pain just like Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi but I did it in the end)
  3. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3(I thought I would never win with 70-100% against the Tailed Beasts but thanks to @Dragon-Archon`s old advice to some guy I did it)
  4. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4(the final fight against Sasuke was both awesome and funny, that last part where they was so low on power they almost could not even punch)

guess that makes me a Hokage for a Day and a Saint?

Help: is there a visual map of the objects on each map I need to Destroy to get that Godforsaken God of Destruction Trophy in Dragon Ball: Raging Blast?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Ready to plat:

1. Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection(fun trip down the memory lane and Budokai 3 made me a fan of the great Dragon Ball franchise)
  2. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2(Pain was a Pain in the... the :triangle: mashing parts was a pain just like Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi but I did it in the end)
  3. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3(I thought I would never win with 70-100% against the Tailed Beasts but thanks to @Dragon-Archon`s old advice to some guy I did it)
  4. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4(the final fight against Sasuke was both awesome and funny, that last part where they was so low on power they almost could not even punch)

Help: is there a visual map of the objects on each map I need to Destroy to get that Godforsaken God of Destruction Trophy in Dragon Ball: Raging Blast?

Can't remember what the advice was tbh, but I'm glad it helped :highfive: .

13 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Can't remember what the advice was tbh, but I'm glad it helped :highfive: .

it was that bento from the hidden cloud village that tremendously raises attack and defense

1 hour ago, Leon Castle said:

Ready to plat:

Congrats on getting Hokage right before the emblem changed.

Here's what I used for All Ruined.

41 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

Congrats on getting Hokage right before the emblem changed.

Thank you

45 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

Here's what I used for All Ruined.

That looks better then the one I used, Thank you.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

@jem12345 quick question, will there be a special emblem for completing not only the Naruto games on PS3, but also the ones that will be released for the PS4 tomorrow?

I'm not counting remasters as their own games since they're so similar. The only reason the emblem is changing is because the original Storm didn't have a trophy list.

I'll be without internet most of tomorrow and Saturday, so the update will most likely be Sunday, giving everyone a few extra days to earn Hokage.

I`am Very Excited for this new DB Game, I going to Main Goku(SSJ/SSJB) mostly.

I never played a Yakuza game(and I never will) but this game is Fist of the North Star and It looks a lot of fun(even got a poor guy`s head going off like bomb just like the Anime)

Your own custom character?! I gotta try to make Homura then this game comes out

There was this too, I don`t know what type of game Bandai Namco is making, must be something awesome as it is the ``Last Game``... of Gintama

now I gotta go finish Rain Day and my own Naruto Rain day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

I never played a Yakuza game(and I never will) but this game is Fist of the North Star and It looks a lot of fun(even got a poor guy`s head going off like bomb just like the Anime)

I thought we'd never see a FOTNS game again, but here it is! I heard nothing about this game before now, so I nearly fell out of my seat seeing this video. I'm at maximum hype!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

@jem12345

I plated Naruto Storm 4

So i'm a Ultimate Sidekick now.

I really hate the gameplay of the storm games, but they are really good at telling the naruto story.

Are you just not a fan of 3D fighters in general, or are you referring to S-Ranks?

I had some internet problems, so the big update will be tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

EDIT: I at least added Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm to the game list. The new Hokage emblem will be featured in the update.

Edited by jem12345

7 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

Are you just not a fan of 3D fighters in general, or are you referring to S-Ranks?

I had some internet problems, so the big update will be tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

No I like 3D fighters, it's just I really hate the chakra dash and substitution jutsu system. Plus the game feel really unbalanced imo.

S ranks are fine until the game decides to put you in a "one hit means no S rank" situation or forces you to use cheese tactics to get the S rank.

14 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

No I like 3D fighters, it's just I really hate the chakra dash and substitution jutsu system. Plus the game feel really unbalanced imo.

S ranks are fine until the game decides to put you in a "one hit means no S rank" situation or forces you to use cheese tactics to get the S rank.

Some characters are definitely better than others, but I think the fighting system has been slowly balancing out over the years. It's not like we can spam substitution jutsu anymore.

If anyone wants a sneak peak at what the new emblems will be, their names are in the statistics sheet.