Project Platinum Plus: Shonen Jump - Original

jemmie

I remember seeing in the PP General info thread that SAO was originally going to be included as well when you first proposed your idea, can I just ask what happened with SAO? :P

SAO is not Shounen Jump series, though. =D

I gotta agree with adding Saint Seiya and Hokuto no Ken, though =D

I don't have any yet but this could bring me to getting some eventually, lol =D

aren't you missing Saint Seiya and Fist of the North Star games?

Thank you for catching that. I'm not too familiar with either series, so I forgot to check them for games. Let me know if I've missed any more. I added all the games from both series except for Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle because it didn't have an American release. Even though you can get the platinum from any region, I don't think it's fair to add a game to the list unless everyone has full access to it.

So what does this mean?

1. There are now 21 games to conquer. I praise anyone who actually plats them all.

2. A bunch of people (including me  :( ) went down a rank. I tried to still have people in the order that they signed up.

3. There are now no Captain Guru Senpai. Try to be the first, dattebayo!

4. SkyesUnholy is no longer the first Trainee.

5. Trainees have practically taken over this thread due to how high the requirements are (yes, I know they're high, but what else can I do with so many games?).

6. I need to make new emblems for Saint Seiya and Fist of the North Star (meaning I need to find pictures to send to zonehunter to make into emblems). I'll try to get that done soon.

7. I need to watch Saint Seiya and Fist of the North Star so I can eventually play their games.

Sorry for the confusion. Everyone has been added. If anyone owns one or more of these new plats, please let me know.

Sign me up, i've only got JoJo's plat and i have Pirate Warriors 1 in my backlog

Added!

@jem I have the Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers platinum, so once you get the images done for said game, then you can promote me to the bronze category :).

EDIT: Dammit! you raised the cap on me lol.

Yeah, sorry about that. You only need one more platinum though! 

Thank you for catching that. I'm not too familiar with either series, so I forgot to check them for games. Let me know if I've missed any more. I added all the games from both series except for Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle because it didn't have an American release. Even though you can get the platinum from any region, I don't think it's fair to add a game to the list unless everyone has full access to it.

Shouldn't that still be added due to the rule of take 1 of a series you take all, especially since it has an English release so people can't claim they didn't understand the language since I am guessing the Japan only titles you're ignoring?

Shouldn't that still be added due to the rule of take 1 of a series you take all, especially since it has an English release so people can't claim they didn't understand the language since I am guessing the Japan only titles you're ignoring?

I pretty much answered your question in my quote. Sanctuary Battle is not accessible to people in North America (other than importing), and I think it's unfair to ask people to import a game to complete a series, regardless if the game is in English or not. This is also why I'm ignoring the Japan-only titles.

I believe i have 10 of these platinums

Added!

Partially too lazy to think here, but I was thinking of buying Crappy Stars to get that platinum. Technically, I would then be able to qualify for the next level. But then I thought about future sequels (for all the IPs pretty much).. if future sequels come out, wouldn't this mean the capacity of games needed tor each rank would increase, thus resulting in rank drops if us trophy hunters don't keep up with the sequels?

P.S. Salty Goku of all characters in the banner is not in any of his God Forms, especially the first one since its so similar to his base form, but is in his base form aka his weakest form instead. Naruto nor Ichigo are in their weakest forms, so why Goku D;

Lol.

Edited by Mar

Partially too lazy to think here, but I was thinking of buying Crappy Stars to get that platinum. Technically, I would then be able to qualify for the next level. But then I thought about future sequels (for all the IPs pretty much).. if future sequels come out, wouldn't this mean the capacity of games needed tor each rank would increase, thus resulting in rank drops if us trophy hunters don't keep up with the sequels?

P.S. Salty Goku of all characters in the banner is not in any of his God Forms, especially the first one since its so similar to his base form, but is in his base form aka his weakest form instead. Naruto nor Ichigo are in their weakest forms, so why Goku D;

Lol.

To be fair, that is a pretty cool image of Goku. God Goku is the platinum image at least. Yes, the capacity of games needed will continue to increase as each new game is released. The good news is that the requirements for Ultimate Sidekick and Star Pupil will remain unchanged when the 22nd game comes out (Ultimate Sidekick will also stay the same when the 23rd and 24th games come out).

Edited by jem12345

To be fair, that is a pretty cool image of Goku. God Goku is the platinum image at least. Yes, the capacity of games needed will continue to increase as each new game is released. The good news is that the requirements for Ultimate Sidekick and Star Pupil will remain unchanged when the 22nd game comes out (Ultimate Sidekick will also stay the same when the 23rd and 24th games come out).

Yes I know....................... but Ichigo and Naruto are still in their stronger forms D;

I think you misunderstood. I don't mean the 100% for each separate IP series, I mean towards the "shonen" thing. Like when Naruto and whatever other IP sequels are released, not only will people lose the 100% for Naruto series (such as me), but more importantly, also drop down in rank as they won't have that "total" number of platinums qualifying them in the actual ranks that say to get X amount of platinums. Because you have the whole percentage thing going on.. ranks are dependent on the total amount of sequels there are with platinums. 

Fucking brain hurts.

Edited by Mar

Yes I know....................... but Ichigo and Naruto are still in their stronger forms D;

I think you misunderstood. I don't mean the 100% for each separate IP series, I mean towards the "shonen" thing. Like when Naruto and whatever other IP sequels are released, not only will people lose the 100% for Naruto series (such as me), but more importantly, also drop down in rank as they won't have that "total" number of platinums qualifying them in the actual ranks that say to get X amount of platinums. Because you have the whole percentage thing going on.. ranks are dependent on the total amount of sequels there are with platinums. 

Fucking brain hurts.

I'm sorry. I was thinking about making a "banner 2.0" to include Saint Seiya and Fist of the North Star, but it won't be up for a while since I have a bunch of school stuff due this week. I'm bad at making banners, so it took me several hours to make the first one (it was by far the hardest part of making this thread...).

I was referring to the Hall of Fame before. Besides Trainee, each tier is set at intervals of 25%. This means that the minimum number of plats needed for Ultimate Sidekick will go up by 1 every 4 games, Star Pupil will go up by 1 every other game, and Captain Guru Sensei will go up by 1 3 out of every 4 games.

• Like 1