Where the heck is the hideout at end of the Creator (chapter 4)?

BinkyMelnik

Hi, folks:

Finished chapter four last night and need to go to the hideout now, and I've torn out all my hair looking for it. Amber vision shows that there is absolutely nothing for me to grab onto either in the area where I am nor outside, nor can I jump anywhere from the ledge leading outside. (The only beam I could jump to is much, much too far away.) The only possibility is some boards stuck to the wall with some rope, but when I try to stand on them, I'm actually perched in the air beside them and can't actually DO anything with them.

I've looked at a dozen vids and a buncha walkthroughs, but every single one of them takes place IN the hideout. Not one of them tells me how to GET to the hideout. I've played this thing for soooo many hours, I'm gonna cry really hard if I hafta give up now, but I can't see any possible way of going ANYWHERE from here. There's NOTHING. I've spent three miserable hours reloading and rebooting in case something's glitched with no luck. I'm bereft. I'm hoping someone can look at the photo I've attached and say, "I remember that horrible bitch of an area, and here's the trick!" I'd be so grateful, I'd cry happy tears.

Thanks for anything you can remember.

Binkypost-26249-0-29691800-1444542146_thumb.jpeg

Hi, folks:

Finished chapter four last night and need to go to the hideout now, and I've torn out all my hair looking for it. Amber vision shows that there is absolutely nothing for me to grab onto either in the area where I am nor outside, nor can I jump anywhere from the ledge leading outside. (The only beam I could jump to is much, much too far away.) The only possibility is some boards stuck to the wall with some rope, but when I try to stand on them, I'm actually perched in the air beside them and can't actually DO anything with them.

I've looked at a dozen vids and a buncha walkthroughs, but every single one of them takes place IN the hideout. Not one of them tells me how to GET to the hideout. I've played this thing for soooo many hours, I'm gonna cry really hard if I hafta give up now, but I can't see any possible way of going ANYWHERE from here. There's NOTHING. I've spent three miserable hours reloading and rebooting in case something's glitched with no luck. I'm bereft. I'm hoping someone can look at the photo I've attached and say, "I remember that horrible bitch of an area, and here's the trick!" I'd be so grateful, I'd cry happy tears.

Thanks for anything you can remember.

Binkyattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Jump down to the beam below you, then jump across to the next one. Follow it as it bends to the right, then jump on the things attached to the pillar on the right. Climb up and then go up all the stairs. Press the switch on the wall behind the waterfall (or whatever) and the hideout will be opened.

Jump down to the beam below you.

I really appreciate the reply, Son, but there IS no beam below me. There's just vast nothingness. There's a beam in front of me, but I can't remotely get close to it. I can't even get halfway to it if I jump, and neither can my clone. Is something wrong with my game?

Binkypost-26249-0-99051700-1444579081_thumb.jpeg

I really appreciate the reply, Son, but there IS no beam below me. There's just vast nothingness. There's a beam in front of me, but I can't remotely get close to it. I can't even get halfway to it if I jump, and neither can my clone. Is something wrong with my game?

Binkyattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Sorry, shouldn't have gone with "beam" for both parts :P The beam you need to jump "across to" is the one right ahead of you in your current picture, the thing you need to "jump down to" is the one you're sitting on in your new picture. You should be able to make the jump to that beam, not sure why you can't.

> 11:47 of this video shows the jump.

11:47 of this video shows the jump.

:-( No, it doesn't; like all the videos, it skips from the end of "Creator" to "Now we're in the hideout," with the piece I need missing: how did we get to the hideout? That's where I'm stuck. I'm afraid you don't know where I am. I thought including the photo would jog a memory. I got past 11:47, and now I'm outdoors, trying to find the hideout, which is apparently way, way over my head, and I haven't a way to climb up to it, and that part isn't shown in the vid. It skips the part where we FIND the hideout.

Wait: it's a really dark vid, and it's bright in my room. Re-watching. I think it IS in here. Hang on.

Hokay; I watched it in the closet, where it's dark. It IS in here. I can't believe he makes that jump. I haven't been able to get halfway to that beam. I guess my timing is way off. Dammit.

Thanks for finding this, Son. That had SEEMED the obvious thing, given the handholds off to the right, but it just wasn't working. I guess I'm gonna hafta keep trying and sitting through the interminable reloads. Argh.

I really appreciate your help; you've been a champ.

Binky

Edited by BinkyMelnik
  • Like 1

Good luck :) I hope you get it working.

Geez, I'm an idiot. Been calling you "Son" because you're "Son of a Submariner." Totally missed your name, zadorvp. I'm sorry about that. Pretty sure you've helped me before.

I FINALLY did it, though not without a lotta agony and pulling out hair on the only other spot I have any. At least I figgered out what my problem is: I was pushing the stick forward and THEN pressing X, when I should be doing it the other way around. It's a fraction of a millisecond kinda thing, but it was causing me to die a lot. Once I finally got onto the beam (and then finally got onto the NEXT frigging beam), the hideout was about two seconds away. Argh.

This was a hilarious problem in Trine 2; my best friend and I would get to laughing so hard about me jumping into pits of gears, flames, stakes, and other hazards repeatedly ("Okay; this time I got it. AUGH!") that our stomach muscles would hurt every time we played. I seem to remember another time I could NOT cross a plank and jump successfully in one of the Resistances, nor could I get a damned jet ski up a watery incline in an Uncharted, and both times he had to come over and do them for me before I threw my controller at the TV.

I wish these things didn't require split-second timing, because I clearly don't possess it.

Thanks for saving me from a real-life game-related death, zad.

Binky

• Like 1

Geez, I'm an idiot. Been calling you "Son" because you're "Son of a Submariner." Totally missed your name, zadorvp. I'm sorry about that. Pretty sure you've helped me before.

I FINALLY did it, though not without a lotta agony and pulling out hair on the only other spot I have any. At least I figgered out what my problem is: I was pushing the stick forward and THEN pressing X, when I should be doing it the other way around. It's a fraction of a millisecond kinda thing, but it was causing me to die a lot. Once I finally got onto the beam (and then finally got onto the NEXT frigging beam), the hideout was about two seconds away. Argh.

This was a hilarious problem in Trine 2; my best friend and I would get to laughing so hard about me jumping into pits of gears, flames, stakes, and other hazards repeatedly ("Okay; this time I got it. AUGH!") that our stomach muscles would hurt every time we played. I seem to remember another time I could NOT cross a plank and jump successfully in one of the Resistances, nor could I get a damned jet ski up a watery incline in an Uncharted, and both times he had to come over and do them for me before I threw my controller at the TV.

I wish these things didn't require split-second timing, because I clearly don't possess it.

Thanks for saving me from a real-life game-related death, zad.

Binky

That's fine ^^ And yeah, we had some talks about finding throwing knives in Styx back in August :D

Glad to hear you got it done!

Glad to hear you got it done!

Thanks to you, I got the "Pickpocket" trophy. And it's a gold. :-) Thanks for that.

I've been playing this damned thing since AUGUST?! Argh. Always kills me when I get to the end of a chapter and it says something like "Target time: 28 minutes. Your playing time: 4 hours and 37 minutes." That doesn't take into account all the deaths, interminable reloads, and all the time I wasted going off in directions and then deciding I'm going back to a much earlier save to try something different.

Man; I totally suck at Styx, don't I? I'm never playing another stealth game as long as I live. That's assuming I survive this. I may not. (I had a heart procedure two weeks ago. I blame it on the fear brought on by crouching and hiding from knights and elves.)

I just noticed you're in Finland! If you see Makwan Amirkhani, please give him big, wet, sloppy kisses for me while groping him a lot!

Binky

Edited by BinkyMelnik

Thanks to you, I got the "Pickpocket" trophy. And it's a gold. :-) Thanks for that.

I've been playing this damned thing since AUGUST?! Argh. Always kills me when I get to the end of a chapter and it says something like "Target time: 28 minutes. Your playing time: 4 hours and 37 minutes." That doesn't take into account all the deaths, interminable reloads, and all the time I wasted going off in directions and then deciding I'm going back to a much earlier save to try something different.

Man; I totally suck at Styx, don't I? I'm never playing another stealth game as long as I live. That's assuming I survive this. I may not. (I had a heart procedure two weeks ago. I blame it on the fear brought on by crouching and hiding from knights and elves.)

I just noticed you're in Finland! If you see Makwan Amirkhani, please give him big, wet, sloppy kisses for me while groping him a lot!

Binky

If you ever do want to get those target times (or better ones), do make use of Youtube videos showing routes :) There are some very clever ways of bypassing enemies and sections.

In that case, take it easy and just try to enjoy it :) It's just a game, better not kill yourself over it.

Yeah, Finland and I happen to live in the same city as he does. Still, never ran into him so far and I doubt I'd go for the kisses and groping if I did xD