Servers open?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
14 minutes ago, nisheet_lall said:

Is it still open? Asking this after 4 years of OP. Looking to plat this game.

Not heard anything for it so its should be. 

Latest achievers was last week. 

Edited by Vergil

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
21 minutes ago, Egghead_Red said:

Interested in this myself,

Are the servers still up in 2021?

I think it is not that difficult to check the list of latest achievers i.e. of 1 ranked match trophy?

Up and Coming Trophy • Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown • PSNProfiles.com

(yes, they are still up and running)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Are there still people playing the online? I thought about giving this game a go.

You have to play 1200 matches. Even if you lose all 1200 you will still get 100%, doesn't seem like a fun idea to me.

Several of the Yakuza games have it included free as a minigame, I have it on Yakuza 6.

Edited by enaysoft

Just now, enaysoft said:

You have to play 1200 matches. Even if you lose all 1200 you will still get 100%, doesn't seem like a fun idea to me.

Several of the Yakuza games have it included free as a minigame, I have it on Yakuza 6.

I'm talking about the PS3 version, not the PS4 version that has you doing a lot of unnecessary grinding.

The PS3 version of Virtua Fighter 5 is doable in just a few hours of playing.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I'm talking about the PS3 version, not the PS4 version that has you doing a lot of unnecessary grinding.

The PS3 version of Virtua Fighter 5 is doable in just a few hours of playing.

Oh yes sorry, lol. So you are.

Yes, people are still earning the trophies as of yesterday it seems, it's a very easy 100% list, also only needing 10 ranked matches as opposed to 1200 matches...

Not sure if Virtua Fighter 2 is still for sale on PS3, weirdly I enjoyed that one more, but I guess maybe because I played VF2 a lot back in the day and have memories of it. I don't think that game has any online.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Oh yes sorry, lol. So you are.

Yes, people are still earning the trophies as of yesterday it seems, it's a very easy 100% list, also only needing 10 ranked matches as opposed to 1200 matches...

Not sure if Virtua Fighter 2 is still for sale on PS3, weirdly I enjoyed that one more, but I guess maybe because I played VF2 a lot back in the day and have memories of it. I don't think that game has any online.

It doesn't, but I definitely suggest playing that as soon as you can. I don't know how many old PS3 PSN games are on PS Now, if you have a subscription to that then that is your best choice.