Hotline Miami , Fez or Proteus?

Sigma999

I haven't even played Hotline Miami or Fez yet. However I plan on doing so.
BUT, I have played a certain Proteus and let me just say this my dear friend. STAY AWAY FROM PROTEUS.
I usually don't have problems with games and I don't like to hate on them, but I just can't say anything positive about it.. :S

Edit: You should get a poll pal :P

Edited by MarsipanRumpan

I haven't even played Hotline Miami or Fez yet. However I plan on doing so.

BUT, I have played a certain Proteus and let me just say this my dear friend. STAY AWAY FROM PROTEUS.

I usually don't have problems with games and I don't like to hate on them, but I just can't say anything positive about it.. :S

Edit: You should get a poll pal :P

Have to agree there about Proteus. It's just.... Boring. You can't interact with anything. All you do is walk around and look. There's even a trophy for sitting on top of a mountain for, I kid you not, 18 solid minutes. 18 minutes of doing nothing. Of course, we can't tell you what to do, you may decide to buy it, and that's your choice, but that's just our recommendations based on our experiences.

• Like 1

I have played all 3. Proteus is not even a game. It is an experience, an artistic one at that. It is pure exploration and observation of the enviroment. Fez is half game, half artistic expression, but it is not that entertaining and the plot is weird. Hotline Miami is a game that shines a new light on the whole videogame industry. It has a soundtrack that is dope as hell and is really fun.

It comes down to what you feel like experiencing on this particular moment. Make a wise choice.

In my opinion Proteus was interesting, but it's not the kind of game that can recommended for everyone and I still wouldnt spend money on it. I thought Fez was charming, but getting the trophies was annoying because you have to constantly follow a guide, or atleast I had to. So that leaves Hotline Miami :P

Edited by LovesAnInjection
  • Like 1

Hotline Miami. It's simply amazing, even the controls are kinda wonky on the Dualshock. Fez is an interesting puzzle game, but there's some puzzes on it that are impossible for a normal person, so I woudn't reccomend it. Proteus is an interesting experience, but it will most likely bore most players. It's like Dear Esther, but not interesting. I only played because the PS+

• Like 1

Maybe you don't have PS+, but Fez and Proteus were both free on plus.  I don't think Hotline Miami has been free yet (which also means it could be in the future).

Hotline Miami was free with plus quite a while ago, so I doubt it will come again.

OP: Good choice with Hotline Miami ;) Hope you enjoy it :D