is it cheating?

PatVach

I was having an argument with someone some days ago.

His argument was :  Loading your save file from the game Sound Shape to unlock all the trophies and get a quick platinum,  is cheating.

Do YOU consider it cheating?

I think it's totally legit,  considering that the game is made this way!

It's very cheap, but it's not cheating. It's a process that can be done by anyone over Sony's cloud save system, and Sony intentionally implemented it to function that way, so it's not a cheat/hack.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

It isn't cheating, because cheating means you're doing something you're not supposed to do, and they put that feature in the game. However, auto-pop plats are considered cheap, and having them could cheapen your other achievements in some people's eyes.

It isn't cheating, because cheating means you're doing something you're not supposed to do, and they put that feature in the game. However, auto-pop plats are considered cheap, and having them could cheapen your other achievements in some people's eyes.

I know right. I mean look at Aela. Sure she can plat every injustice but she has sound shapes too. What a scrub :awesome:

Edited by Urushiro
  • Like 2

It's very cheap, but it's not cheating. It's a process that can be done by anyone over Sony's cloud save system, and Sony intentionally implemented it to function that way, so it's not a cheat/hack.

Couldn't agreed more, its not cheating for the simple fact that Sony allows people to do so BUT its still a very cheap way of getting trophies, those trophies were not meant to be earned that way, PLUS takes away all the challenge/fun that got most of us trophy hunting.

I honestly never agreed with this feature from Sony but thats my personal opinion, i don't judge anyone who uses it, i think people should do whatever makes them feel good when it comes to trophy hunting.

This pretty much sums it up. It is not cheating. In fact, I would go as far as to say there is no legitimate argument to be made that would support the position that it is cheating.

Sony implemented and allowed it, and it is equally available to all players. No one person is able to take advantage of this over any other player.

The only people who complain are those that choose not to use it, and feel the need to waste their time worrying about other player's profiles.

No.

Honestly, when it comes to trophies, to me it's all about the individual trophies you've earned. You may have tons of ultra rares and somewhat hard trophies, but the ones that really matter to you is that one that you have some kind of emotional connection with or feel extra pride in having earned etc. In other words, all those ultra rares and hard trophies are worth little, and may just as well not have been earned or be some easy trophies. I personally think it's fun to collect trophies, and I don't think you should avoid playing some game because the trophies are easy to earn or similar. Just earn as many as you want as long as you're not cheating. Also, that you earn a lot of easy to get trophies or get stacking trophies etc, it really doesn't say much about what you are able to do.

In other words, get as many trophies as you can and want, and look at people's individual trophies instead of judging entire collection or something.

As for these stacking ones? Why not???

I'm still looking to sync like the 4-5 other SS trophy lists... :o