New instruments, Old games

Kingdom Keeper

All of my previous Rock Band experiences have been with the Xbox, so I'm curious. Does anyone know if the new instruments work with the old games? They work with the old DLC, so it's a possibility. But I can't find an answer online anywhere. If they do, I'd love to play through the old games again, but on PlayStation this time around! :D

All of my previous Rock Band experiences have been with the Xbox, so I'm curious. Does anyone know if the new instruments work with the old games? They work with the old DLC, so it's a possibility. But I can't find an answer online anywhere. If they do, I'd love to play through the old games again, but on PlayStation this time around! :D

I found something saying you can use the old instruments with the new game. I'll look for something the other way around too and update this post if I find something. If not, you could buy the ps3 instruments instead of the ps4 instruments and be able to play on both systems.

Edited by Urushiro

I found something saying you can use the old instruments with the new game. I'll look for something the other way around too and update this post if I find something. If not, you could buy the ps3 instruments instead of the ps4 instruments and be able to play on both systems.

Just saying, you have to be real lucky to find decently priced instruments for the old games. At least where I live.

• Like 1

So I went out and bought a copy of the original Rock Band for a dollar. The PS3 can sync with the new guitar, but it doesn't seem to recognize it in any capacity beyond that. It didn't seem to work on the home menu, and also didn't seem to work when I loaded up the game. Looks like it was a dollar wasted, but a worthy experiment. Who knows, Harmonix may put in a patch that would enable something like that in the near future. Doubtful, but possible.