Thoughts on trophies?

GumiDeLaGumi

I been a long time Guitar Hero aficionado, while the trophy list looks comparatively easier than Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero combined the new button configuration might make these harder to achieve. 

On a different note, I wish game reviewers and gamers would show a little common courtesy and not post trophies of a game; they didn't purchase themselves, and/or not released yet. I have it pre-ordered and I cannot wait for it to come out, but come on, why do these jack wagons have to rub it in our faces while we have to wait for street date... 

It actually looks really easy compared to other GH games. However I have no idea what GHTV is other than its in 95% of the trophy descriptions. 

I'm not 100% positive, but from the descriptions I've seen, it's like some online mode that's always playing songs, and you can just jump in at any time of the day and play along or against other people.

I'm looking forwards to it. It's rather inexpensive compared to RB4 ($129 Canadian for GHL with a new guitar vs $179 Canadian for RB4 with a guitar). I just hope they keep supporting it, as GH6 got a little DLC support, then just kind of faded away.

• Like 1

GHTV is the developer's new approach to DLC. Instead of throwing up a song on whatever service you're using for like $2 a pop, you can just jump into the streaming service where you pick and choose from different "channels" that are streaming music live (music that's not on-disc). You play the song with 8 other random (equally matched, they say) people and at the end you compare your scores and move onto the next song. The more you play GHTV, the more you earn "plays" (in-game currency) allowing you to start a play session with whatever streamed song you want, without having to wait for it to show up. They of course have the microtransaction shit where you can pay real money for the in-game money to have access to these services, but it's earnable in-game and effectively means all GHTV "DLC" is free, so long as you're continuing to earn those "plays."

I'm fairly excited for it. The new guitar scheme is awesome. I played a demo of it up at Best Buy when they had an event for it and I was seriously impressed with how much more fun it felt. It's something fresh and new, and I don't feel like it's just the same old thing I'll get burnt out on like so many iterations of the games in the past. It doesn't have a library like Rock Band does, but at the same time it's taking a risk by alienating every iteration before it.

I'm hoping there's some Through the Fire and Flames action at some point! Haha.

The trophies all look like a nice ride into funsville. No super tedious grinding, just mostly things that will come naturally.

Edited by ScottKeables

Most of it looks based on some simple grinding that will just come naturally. I think the game looks really fun and new so grinding for the platinum probably won't even feel like much of a grind at all. There's definitely going to be a little bit of skill involved for a few trophies, but nothing even close to some of the absolutely insane trophies in the old games. (Fight Fire With Fire in GH:M, expert 5 stars on all Van Halen songs on every instrument, Bloody Feet in GH Hits, to name just a few.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This 1mil strum trophy is a pain. 10 straight hours of strumming = 350k strums. Pretty sure this guitar is going to break before I can get it, thankfully I bought the two guitar bundle ha. Overall, not hard, but absolutely time consuming.

where can i check how many strums i've had?

where can i check how many strums i've had?

From the Guitar Hero home screen where you choose GH Live or GHTV select settings ( button 3 on the guitar). The trophies option will show you your progress towards each of the trophies, including your number of strums.

Edited by jdcscilib