why not many gamer interest in this game?

CK-612

It was pretty generic for an Insomniac developed game. Looked so much more interesting before its whole mood and look were remodeled (most likely at EA's request) from the debut trailer. Seemed like it had a lot more personality.

Glad other people enjoyed it though. I thought it was a serviceable TPS, just nothing close to the caliber I'm used to from Insomniac. But I blame EA's influence for that.  

Edited by Death_Ninja
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Because Insomniac fell victim to EA's focus testing which had fucking 12 year olds saying the previous, much better looking game it was (Overstrike) was too kiddy.

I will never be more disgusted at a game and company, as well as 12 year olds in general. 

I'm still angry about this game. 

Edited by LunchCannon54

• 2 months later...

I did consider Fuse a Year or 2 ago but decided against it. I don't know why but it just didn't look all that interesting to me. Maybe the problem is the Shooter genre has too many releases now. This Game reminds me of Syndicate, Singularity, Body Count. All Games that were released last Gen and had cool concepts but had to compete with Call of Duty and Battlefield and therefore were overlooked.

I'm notoriously horrible at shooters. I thought the Move controller and sharpshooter would improve my chances of even getting through games, but most shooters seem to rely on multiplayer, which is even less likely to get me involved.

While the percentage of gamers into shooters + MP is likely very high, it's quite saturated ATM. Any developer looking to break into that category is (unfairly??) getting comparisons to the established franchises. Efforts would likely be better spent elsewhere. Dare I say that they may have sold more copies by aiming development for the Vita, where there seems to be a shortage of such games?? No, why would I make such dumb claims?!

• Like 1

Because the publisher threw it under the bus and didnt bother marketing it, and it got pretty bad reviews

Did it get bad reviews because of lack of marketing, or did it get bad reviews because it's a bad game? I read IGN's review, and a lot of their criticisms are pretty silly ("tonal imbalance"? GTFOOH).

While the percentage of gamers into shooters + MP is likely very high, it's quite saturated ATM. Any developer looking to break into that category is (unfairly??) getting comparisons to the established franchises.

I don't think such comparisons are unfair at all.

Edited by starcrunch061

LOL. :lol:

No, but it does offer a (possibly contrasting?) viewpoint.

I don't have a viewpoint on the specifics. I don't play/follow/read about/hear about shooters. My question was purely on the concept of an established, repeated, predictable franchise being compared to anything new.

If Fuse sucked because it sucked, then it is what it is. If Fuse sucked because it wasn't ShooterFranchiseX, Y or Z, then that's laziness. If a reviewer can't review the game based on it's own merits and failures, they're not a good reviewer.

I don't even know what the reviews said, it really was just put in to ask if people who read the reviews thought they were fair.

It's only available at PS3 & xbox360, made by (insomniac) man.. but not even surpass 13,xxx player ?

can't Find a match-making to co-op now~

Oh, and to partially answer your post, there is a Gaming Session going on for this game right now: http://psnprofiles.com/gaming-sessions/77469-Fuse

Re DaivRule quote:

have you seen my psn profile? I already grind the plat :blink: ;& plz don't casually judge a game you never played, Especially you dont like that genre..

Whoa?! I made no such judgments. :blink:  I have zero opinion whatsoever. Sorry! Didn't check your profile, that was ignorance on my part.  :facepalm: