Bands you used to listening

atlasxof-

System of a Down: 15 years ago, I used to listen SoAD a lot, my favorite album was "Steal this album", why I don't listen to them anymore?, No, they aren't bad at all but I started to listen Black/Death metal bands

and suddenly, SoAD wasn't so powerful as I thought, as I said, they aren't bad at all, and I can say that I still enjoy their songs (but Hypnotize/Mesmerize albums, I don't like those ones)

Edited by cadaver_no_life
  • Like 2

I use to listen qute often those bands but now i don't even listen them :

Three Days Grace 

When listening to 3days grace back in the day , i start listening this song and always thought it feels perfectly fit when you're raging and out of control. From that i start looking into other projects from this group and liking some more songs .

Linkin Park

I always loved Liking Park even today but i don't listen to their new projects anyway , i usually go back into the older ones and think about the memories of the time when i used to listen to this band

Mika

It feels like a guilty pleasure even though i was a kid on those days but i love to death the 1st album "Life in Cartoon motion" and listen to every song on my CD until i grow tired of it. I didin't even give a chance to experience the new projects of this artist , might listen to his new musics someday.

Rammstein

The harsh german accent and cool videoclips was what drove into this band. I tend to like music in all kind of languages (German, Finnish(Rasmus), Japanese, French, etc...) and get out of my most listen languages (Portguese and English or even Japanese )

Edited by Jiaho24
  • Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdIa2No-TOw

I used to listen to this album when it was brand new while surfing America Online on a dial-up connection, back during the elementary school days of the Internet. This would've been after the stars had been kindled, but before the sun and moon had been set alight and put into motion across the heavens. Why don't I listen to them any more? Because I'm no longer 15.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

Firstly nice thread dude, bit different, i like it!!

Explanation, well they are the greatest of all time without any doubt. I only really got into rock music properly when i was about 15 (2002) and i listened to odds and sods really. Anything from Queen, which my Dad liked, to compilation CDs of guitar songs etc. Then one day a guy at work decided to introduce me to Led Zeppelin via BBC Sessions, great album btw, and immediately i was hooked. You can just spot their spark right away from the first note. They are purely 4 outstanding musicians just enjoying it!!

• Like 1

2 // Please, no hate comments like "This bands sucks", "Your opinion is probably wrong, and you suck at knowing that Artist.", "You can't be serious you used to listening this crap band.",

Your opinion is probably wrong, and you suck at knowing those artists.

also I saw that hidden message...

System of a Down: 15 years ago, I used to listen SoAD a lot, my favorite album was "Steal this album", why I don't listen to them anymore?, No, they aren't bad at all but I started to listen Black/Death metal bands

and suddenly, SoAD wasn't so powerful as I thought, as I said, they aren't bad at all, and I can say that I still enjoy their songs (but Hypnotize/Mesmerize albums, I don't like those ones)

Soad are awesome, I've listened to them for years too. I still do but I can only really listen to them now and again recently...

Soad are awesome, I've listened to them for years too. I still do but I can only really listen to them now and again recently...

This is the first time that I've listened to them in eons, I must say that "Fuck the System" song still gives me that headbanging mood but as I said, and you can call me pretentious after this comment, I found

Black/Death metal musicians are better than them, no comparison with European musicians that can create complex and heavy riffs and songs, IMO.

To tell the truth, SoAD were one of the first bands that I was really interested and I cannot just say that I don't like their music anymore, I still like but not in the same way like 15 years ago

Edited by cadaver_no_life
  • Like 1

There isn't too many bands I have stopped listening to.  In fact, there is none that I have stop listening to that I liked, some bands I just don't listen to their new stuff.

Dir en Grey
Back in the day, their music had a really different sound to it, and then their music kind of got a lot of western fans and I guess they were like hey, a lot of westerners like our stuff, so they kind of went to the genetic sound of metal and whatnot.  So I can't say I listen to their new stuff much as it just isn't really my type, I liked them first of all because they were very different, they changed that sound, so I just stick to the older stuff.  Was a fan of their music from 90s to about 2005.  I'm still a little bit down about not being able to enjoy this band's new stuff, I own one of their albums (Vulgar) and it was the first one I ever got (since buying Japanese music can be expensive and since they got kind of popular to the west like the last year of their "good" music, their albums actually got released here).

Gackt
I don't know, this one is weird, it's just one I stopped listening to, his music in a way changed a bit too much and not in a good way to me.  Maybe listened to his stuff up to 2006.  He really seems like one of those ones that are like people's gateway into Japanese music (wasn't for me, I actually had listened to the band he came from before he even started his solo career) and then gradually they find someone/band they like better and drop his stuff.

Other than that, I can't think of any I stopped listening to that weren't like a "I like this [band] for this week and never look back to them ever again after that week" moment.

• Like 1