ok, what gives...

Stargazer2600

Arctic explorer
Highlands explorer

Blight explorer

All 3 are trophies you can unlock by exploring parts of certain areas. However i have uncovered the whole map in every area. there is nothing left unexplored. I got the Urban explorer without even trying but no matter what the others wont unlock. I looked up completed maps of people who have gotten these and my maps look exactly like theres. Are these glitched or something? please tell me i dont have to replay this with a new character...

Double check everywhere. Just because the map looks 100% filled, that doesn't mean you actually went everywhere. Some named locations are small, and they get uncovered on the map when you walk into a bigger location (they are part of the same area). But that doesn't count as you discovering the small area, even though the map makes it seem like you went there.

A good example of this is the chasm thing in Eridium Blight (the hole with a bunch of bedrock bullying at the bottom). It's a named location, and you have to go into it for the game to count it. Yet the map will show it as "discovered" because you drove by it.

Edited by PREDRAG-K
  • Like 1

To add on to what the others said, did you play co-op any? I didn't have a problem with this, but many people have said that if you discover a location in co-op and then start playing single player again that you will have to rediscover any locations you found in co-op or they won't count for the trophy. I would also suggest completing all of the side missions and challenges before stressing too much. Some of these will open up new areas and are needed to explore the entire map. If you are still missing something after doing everything else, try these often missed locations. 

Southern Shelf Bay:

Ebonfloe

Ice Flows

Three Horns Valley:

Southpaw Steam & Power (shortcut back to the entrance)

Split Skull Bay

Sawtooth Cauldron:

Avie's Camp

I was missing a couple of these until I read through some threads trying to figure out what in the world I was missing.

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 1

Southern Shelf has an area called Ebonfloe that does not appear on the map. Go west from Hammerlock's refuge to locate it.

Eridium Blight has a chasm that contains a cave which does not appear on the map. It is located under the road near Human Settlement. You need to destroy an electric fence to access it.

The Highlands contains a tiny camp behind a hill on the southwest portion of the map that is extremely easy to miss. The same goes for Sawtooth Cauldron, except that the camp is smack in the middle of the map, and is only accessible from the tower.

Edited by AnimeDreama

Did you find every named location? Because filling the map can reveal locations you haven't found yet that you still need to find.

Also did you 100% EVERY map? There's some small maps for select areas that need to be 100% too.

Double check everywhere. Just because the map looks 100% filled, that doesn't mean you actually went everywhere. Some named locations are small, and they get uncovered on the map when you walk into a bigger location (they are part of the same area). But that doesn't count as you discovering the small area, even though the map makes it seem like you went there.

A good example of this is the chasm thing in Eridium Blight (the hole with a bunch of bedrock bullying at the bottom). It's a named location, and you have to go into it for the game to count it. Yet the map will show it as "discovered" because you drove by it.

To add on to what the others said, did you play co-op any? I didn't have a problem with this, but many people have said that if you discover a location in co-op and then start playing single player again that you will have to rediscover any locations you found in co-op or they won't count for the trophy. I would also suggest completing all of the side missions and challenges before stressing too much. Some of these will open up new areas and are needed to explore the entire map. If you are still missing something after doing everything else, try these often missed locations. 

Southern Shelf Bay:

Ebonfloe

Ice Flows

Three Horns Valley:

Southpaw Steam & Power (shortcut back to the entrance)

Split Skull Bay

Sawtooth Cauldron:

Avie's Camp

I was missing a couple of these until I read through some threads trying to figure out what in the world I was missing.

UPDATE:

Well, i did every side mission and got the trophy for that but still didnt get the explorer trophies. Im gonna look up a vid and just repeat what they do and hope it pops but if not. i fear it may be glitched somehow and thats gonna really suck if it is

Edited by Stargazer2600