If you could pick a single game to come to the Vita

RisingSenpai616

• A prequel to GTA V called "Los Santos Stories"

• A new and exclusive Ratchet & Clank game, I'm sick of Vita getting ports of PS2/3/4 games.

I'd actually still like to see them porting Nexus over to the Vita, since there's even a trophy list for it. :P

But I can agree on a PSV exclusive Ratchet & Clank game, that would be awesome.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

I'd actually still like to see them porting Nexus over to the Vita, since there's even a trophy list for it. :P

But I can agree on a PSV exclusive Ratchet & Clank game, that would be awesome.

That's true but it is just a shared list with PS3 so we aren't missing any extra trophies or anything. They must've planned to release it as a cross-buy title but for whatever reason the Vita version got cancelled. :(

That's true but it is just a shared list with PS3 so we aren't missing any extra trophies or anything. They must've planned to release it as a cross-buy title but for whatever reason the Vita version got cancelled. :(

Insomniac doesn't do ports and the game was developed from the ground up as a single console title. I don't even think they have an engine for Vita development, so that might be a factor.

I think I read in an official forum post by one of the community managers that they saw the potential and wanted to leave that trophy list available in case a third party studio decides to port the game, like the one that ported the trilogy.

But then again, I think it's just too much work for a third party studio to compress that game to a size and quality that the vita can handle. You'd have to rework all of the textures and lots of other stuff, so it might just not be lucrative enough, especially considering that the Vita is only really popular in Japan, which is not really the main audience that plays R&C games.

That's why a Vita port of Nexus is highly unlikely by now. And since Insomniac already moved on to PS4 with their newest title, the difficulty in developing a game that works good on the Vita and looks good on the PS4 is pretty high, making future multiplatform releases even more unlikely than a Vita port of Nexus. 

But we can keep dreaming, right? :)

Insomniac doesn't do ports and the game was developed from the ground up as a single console title. I don't even think they have an engine for Vita development, so that might be a factor.

I think I read in an official forum post by one of the community managers that they saw the potential and wanted to leave that trophy list available in case a third party studio decides to port the game, like the one that ported the trilogy.

But then again, I think it's just too much work for a third party studio to compress that game to a size and quality that the vita can handle. You'd have to rework all of the textures and lots of other stuff, so it might just not be lucrative enough, especially considering that the Vita is only really popular in Japan, which is not really the main audience that plays R&C games.

That's why a Vita port of Nexus is highly unlikely by now. And since Insomniac already moved on to PS4 with their newest title, the difficulty in developing a game that works good on the Vita and looks good on the PS4 is pretty high, making future multiplatform releases even more unlikely than a Vita port of Nexus. 

But we can keep dreaming, right? :)

Well I really meant Sony when I said "they". ;)  They got a third party studio to port QForce / FFA and released that as a cross-buy title so Sony might have originally wanted to do that again for Nexus but decided against it in the end. It was around the time Sony said they were stopping first party support for Vita. I remember when the trophy list for Nexus was first released it wasn't a shared list with Vita, it was added later. Whatever the case I think we can all agree it was Sony's doing. :|

My next (most realistic) wish is for R&C Size Matters to come to PS4 with the PS2 emulation. It's not the best in the series I know but I still enjoyed however much I played of it and it would be nice to have trophies for it. :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...