Grimydawg's Giveaway

grimydawg___

I disagree, this new method mentioned by Enstikto promotes both the completion of many games as well as rewarding people for completing rarer games. The advantage is that it doesn't punish users for games that are over 20%, it just doesn't give a huge advantage for them.

My idea is to promote people to challenge themselves as much as possible, but I don't want anyone to go crazy for going for a plat of say GT5. I have already thought of a system that Estinko suggest, a point scale. That was in fact what I'm going to do in a few days.

One thing you could do is follow what I mentioned above but also have each plat counting as more plats according to rarity.

For example you could say:

1 Ultra Rare plat = 5 plats

1 Very Rare Plat = 3 plats

[b[1 Rape Plat = 1 plats[/b[

1 Uncommon Plat = 0.5 Plat

1 Common Plat = 0.25 Plat

Example: Someone gets An Ultra Rare Plat (3%), a very rare (8%) and a common.

We get the average % only by the two highest plats so it would be 8+3/2 = 5.5

Then we calculate the number of plats which is 5 (Ultra rare) + 3 (very rare) + 0.25 (common) = 8.25

and then we calculate 5.5/8.25 = 0,66

This way every plat counts for something but people are encouraged to go for hard plats to get more points!

Also the fact that Ultra rares give a lot more points than very rares encourages more people to go for URs.

You could also add extra categories like Ultra Ultra Rare (less than 1%) or Super Common (more than 80/90%) and have them count for more/less points accordingly

And you cease to have the problem that my previous suggestion had as 1 common plat is 1/20 UR plats (someone would prefer to get 1 UR plat than 20 common ones).

Wha do you think?

That's awesome B) Rape plat lol. Anyway, that point system is very similar to what I thought off.

My recommendation to Grymmy is.. don’t change the rules / method, remember this:

“My idea is not only promote more activity on here, but to motivate people as well. I think this is a good way to perhaps push people to finish their games too

On the first round of the Giveaway it really pushed me to finished a bid # of games when I tried to catch the 1st place (I lose, but didn’t saw the 25 post rule anyway). Other method will make people stay lower # of games completed.

Anyway is your game , your rules and another great month of competition!!!!

The point system will still work. you'll definitely be rewarded for harder games too.

To improve the current system, I could see each person still calling out their platinums and then self selecting which group they'd like to be used for their final score (minimum of two used)

So...

(5,3) --> Score is 2

(5,3,11) --> Only use (5,3), score is 2

(5,3,11,11) --> Use all four, score is 1.875, and I can relax and play Hannah Montana and not wait for the month to end first.

I think each person would have to do their own math at the end of the month to avoid giving grimy a headache, but this way people won't be punished for enjoying an easier game to break up the hunt of ultra rare platinums. In theory, a person could power through lots of platinums in a month and make a platinum of 49 rarity actually lower their score, so I think this "submit your own group" idea continues to encourage rare plat hunting without punishing play for fun breaks.

Naw the math is fine. By all means go for a good easy game. I'm not trying to punish folks lol

The disadvantage I see for yours is the jump between ratings. A 5.01% plat would earn 3 points, a 4.99% would earn 3 (my example may be a bit off, but you get the idea). Sure adding more layers will lessen this issue, but with tiers some degree of an issue will still exist until you break up the tiers to the point that you're right back to the original rules of the game, where a marginally better plat and marginally better scored.

I think you wanted to say "a 4.99% would earn 5. I can understand what you mean though I in my opinion this isn't much of an issue as most people would plan ahead ;)

so basicaly the best idea would be to give certain points to platinums according to rarity?

I think this would be the most easiest way of calculation

This wouldn't take into account the exact percentages of the games at all (a 1% plat is way more difficult than a 4.5%)

I got 26 plats in August, but still they aren't enough to get a good percentage.

You got 26 plats in a month????????

Pardon me for being skeptical but how could this be done legitly????

My idea is to promote people to challenge themselves as much as possible, but I don't want anyone to go crazy for going for a plat of say GT5. I have already thought of a system that Estinko suggest, a point scale. That was in fact what I'm going to do in a few days.

That's awesome B) Rape plat lol. Anyway, that point system is very similar to what I thought off.

That's great! Glad that we think alike :)

Edited by Enstikto

I think you wanted to say "a 4.99% would earn 5. I can understand what you mean though I in my opinion this isn't much of an issue as most people would plan ahead ;)

This wouldn't take into account the exact percentages of the games at all (a 1% plat is way more difficult than a 4.5%)

You got 26 plats in a month????????

Pardon me for being skeptical but how could this be done legitly????

That's great! Glad that we think alike :)

By playing real easy games. I can confirm that myself, since he's on my friends list lol I get on him everyday because of it :D

Edited by grimydawg

True, but then the (1,3) person earning a third game with an 8 rarity could have planned ahead too. All the rules have other ways of strategizing to earn a high score.

Since I now have 25 posts I would like to enter the contest and win the prestigious last place! :P

Saboteur: 20.43%

Kingdoms of Amalur: 11.35%

Average = 15,89/2 = 7.94

Nope, I'm having it.

NCIS: The Game: 91.78%

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: 21.62%

I don't know how you guys work the score out but is there really any point?

Yesterday I got Darksiders 2 plat @ 4.97% (making it an Ultra Rare at the time) but I couldn't sync due to maintenance.

Today that I synced, the rarity of the plat has gone up (over 5%) making it a very rare.

@Grimydawg: Which one counts? The percentage at the time I got the plat or the percentage at the time i synced?

Edited by Enstikto