Grimydawg's Giveaway

grimydawg___

So with the new rules would someone earning one platinum at 1% rarity win over someone earning ten 2% average rarity platinums?

No.... I'll have a set number when I get a chance to talk to Sly. I need to check out numbers, then I'll take it from there.

Someone gave me a better idea :hmm: I'll do the lowest average in rarity of your plats you earn within the time frame. That seems more plausible :hmm: What do you guys think?

I'm game but I don't think lowest average will work. That way somebody could get a plat that's like 4% and nothing more and still win because their average would be 4%

I'm game but I don't think lowest average will work. That way somebody could get a plat that's like 4% and nothing more and still win because their average would be 4%

That's why I'm going to make sure they earn more than one... I need to talk to Sly and see what's the average amount of plats a person gets on here. I would think maybe 3 plats would be an acceptable amount.

Edited by grimydawg

I posted before, but I'm in for sure. I got way more than 2 plats last month so it shouldnt be a problem.

-----

I don't know how to screen grab on firefox but:

The Lord of the Rings: War to the North 12.20% upon earning it.

Warrior of the North

Earn all trophies for Lord of the Rings: War in the North

3rd Jul 2012 at 9:45:11 PM

12.20%

Rare

bah, i give up..

Edited by Aeirou

I posted before, but I'm in for sure. I got way more than 2 plats last month so it shouldnt be a problem.

-----

I don't know how to screen grab on firefox but:

The Lord of the Rings: War to the North 12.20% upon earning it.

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CAeirou%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.png

Warrior of the North

Earn all trophies for Lord of the Rings: War in the North

3rd Jul 2012 at 9:45:11 PM

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CAeirou%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image002.png

12.20%

Rare

bah, i give up..

lol

I got it dude. Don't worry.

Not sure if this is before the start, but on June 27th I got the 3d Dot heroes Plat. Rarity 5.65%.

On a side note, why don't you average the two rarest plats (or three if you change the number). That way people who got common plats wont be out from the get go?

Not sure if this is before the start, but on June 27th I got the 3d Dot heroes Plat. Rarity 5.65%.

On a side note, why don't you average the two rarest plats (or three if you change the number). That way people who got common plats wont be out from the get go?

No. It has to be starting July. Only plats you earn this month will count. I considered that, but decided not to because hypothetically a person can have 2 rare trophies, then the rest of his/her plats earned can be n00b games like Hannah Montana or Megamind. I'm not going to have that. This is more fair to me.

Edited by grimydawg

No. It has to be starting July. Only plats you earn this month will count. I considered that, but decided not to because hypothetically a person can have 2 rare trophies, then the rest of his/her plats earned can be n00b games like Hannah Montana or Megamind. I'm not going to have that. This is more fair to me.

That is a fair point. I will see what else I can earn. Where is the end cut off? Was it the end of August, or the end of July?

The end of July. 31 July at 11:59 EST (GMT-4) is the cutoff. I'll do this every month.

Two more questions. I assume only Platinums count, 100% a rare PSN game is out?

My second question involves a problem for region games. The prize you are offering is a $20 card to PSN if I am not mistaken, would that work in a European, or Asian PSN store? (just a curiosity more than anything else)

On a side note. I would like to commend you for this. It is a awesome way to encourage people to play the rare games that people never finish. I tip my hat to you :)

Two more questions. I assume only Platinums count, 100% a rare PSN game is out?

My second question involves a problem for region games. The prize you are offering is a $20 card to PSN if I am not mistaken, would that work in a European, or Asian PSN store? (just a curiosity more than anything else)

On a side note. I would like to commend you for this. It is a awesome way to encourage people to play the rare games that people never finish. I tip my hat to you :)

Yes, platinums will only count. I'll likely to PSN 100% games in the future. I want to see how this goes first. I will give a $20 PSN Card or whatever value that is equal to in other countries. So if the winner is from the U.K., the price will be whatever $20 is in the respective currency. Maybe I can have people be like me trophy wise B) J/k lol

I'll update with a standings list. This will keep me up-to-date. I know some of you guys have a plat already, but you only have one for this month. Once you have at least two, I'll put you in the standings.

Edited by grimydawg

Ahh, lucky. I'm working on my 3d dot game heroes plat right now. Those mini-games are going to drive me insane soon. :shakefist:

Ahh, lucky. I'm working on my 3d dot game heroes plat right now. Those mini-games are going to drive me insane soon. :shakefist:

I posted a bunch of trophy tips for some of the trophies, but this guide will also help if you need/want it: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/971481-3d-dot-game-heroes/faqs/59492

Dash Circuit was a pain in the neck. The second one took me hours to get under 65 seconds. The rest of the mini games really are not overly challenging if you have the right strategy going in.

I posted a bunch of trophy tips for some of the trophies, but this guide will also help if you need/want it: http://www.gamefaqs....roes/faqs/59492

Dash Circuit was a pain in the neck. The second one took me hours to get under 65 seconds. The rest of the mini games really are not overly challenging if you have the right strategy going in.

Yeah, it's the dash circuit that I am mainly concerned with. I'm saving that until I have all the 88 small blocks so I only need to beat it once for the Wing Sword. Currently on my first playthrough so that'll be a while from now. This is my punshment for telling my roommate I didn't think the Monaco circuit looked that hard. *sigh*

You need to beat the game 3 times for the platinum, so your playthrough order should be Normal - Spelunker - FROM. Go for all the collections on your FROM playthrough, and all the Bosses Bestiaried on your Normal playthrough.

But this is getting off topic for this thread, if you want to ask me any questions about it, you can just message me.