Grimydawg's Giveaway

grimydawg___

I have a question for you, grimy. Since rarity of a plat can change between when it is earned and the end of the month, which number will count towards the contest? I'm sure it won't change THAT much but I'm just curious.

I have a question for you, grimy. Since rarity of a plat can change between when it is earned and the end of the month, which number will count towards the contest? I'm sure it won't change THAT much but I'm just curious.

The percentage will count the day you earn it, no matter what.

Here's how having more than 2 Plats would be of help to the individual.

You take the numbers just like you are doing it...take the average total score of all the plats, then divide that sub-total by the number of plats.

Example: Player A has plats of 10% and 5%. Player B has plats of 10%, 5% and 8%. Player A has the old score of 7.5% while player B has an old score 7.666%. The new numbers 7.5/2 = 3.75% and 7.666/3 = 2.555%.

Here's how having more than 2 Plats would be of help to the individual.

You take the numbers just like you are doing it...take the average total score of all the plats, then divide that sub-total by the number of plats.

Example: Player A has plats of 10% and 5%. Player B has plats of 10%, 5% and 8%. Player A has the old score of 7.5% while player B has an old score 7.666%. The new numbers 7.5/2 = 3.75% and 7.666/3 = 2.555%.

I was in the process of changing that lol. That way people do't have to necessarily stress over getting hard games

^Well, since the goal of this was to support the hunt of under 10% rarity, this new idea could cause greater than 10% platinums making someone have a lower score. For example, I am already working on two under 10% at the moment. If I wanted to beat your two examples, I'd quickly play two other greater than 10% that are easy. Such as...

Sorcery 12.6 Asura's Wrath 14.26 LillteBigPlanet 6.73 3d dot Game Heroes 5.59

My score, 2.448% I win! Sure they can't be ultra common, but I can see the intent of the contest failing this way. Maybe if only under 10% were considered, but then it promotes 9.99% games over a more challenging 2% or less.

^Well, since the goal of this was to support the hunt of under 10% rarity, this new idea could cause greater than 10% platinums making someone have a lower score. For example, I am already working on two under 10% at the moment. If I wanted to beat your two examples, I'd quickly play two other greater than 10% that are easy. Such as...

Sorcery 12.6 Asura's Wrath 14.26 LillteBigPlanet 6.73 3d dot Game Heroes 5.59

My score, 2.448% I win! Sure they can't be ultra common, but I can see the intent of the contest failing this way. Maybe if only under 10% were considered, but then it promotes 9.99% games over a more challenging 2% or less.

Well I do want you guys to challenge yourselves, but I don't want people to stress out about a game. Just go for your games and have fun.

Well I do want you guys to challenge yourselves, but I don't want people to stress out about a game. Just go for your games and have fun.

Haha, alright. I do this sort of stuff at work, and so I just wanted to play devil's advocate to see if there's a way to manipulate the rules in any way. If that stratgey doesn't bother, cool. And hey, my roommate has Sorcery, so if I actually finish these two platinums soon I might as well take a stab at winning. B)