Should I play inFAMOUS 2 first?

Emyl

I played FoB for an hour or so before playing inFamous 2 a year and a bit later. 

Anyway, here's how I went

Festival of Blood

Second Son

First Light

I played number 1 a long while back but didn't remember a thing, so I don't count that as having been my first.

Anyway, the point is they're all good games and you can really jump in at any point. I played number 2 as I just said, without remembering shit from number 1 and the game was perfectly fine for me, had a little cutscene to fill in the blanks anyways.

Festival is great though, for someone who wants to get a feel of the series, but not dive into a full sized game straight up, of course, so is First Light, which has a platinum as well.

Which reminds me, for the UGC missions in Festival and 2, search for stuff relating to the trophies "easy UGC trophy 1" all the way to 20 or something similarly titled is what I used when I was too lazy to play other people's crappy levels.

inFamous is great, I've no doubt you'll have fun playing whatever you end up choosing, but Festival is entirely independent of 1 and 2 even with the same shared character roster.

• 3 weeks later...

It basically serves as inFAMOUS's Halloween special. Mostly irrelevant to the entire series, but it's still very much a game for the inFAMOUS fans considering it's the same characters, so while I would say you should play all the inFAMOUS games, especially 1 before 2 and 2 before Second Son, you can play this at any time you want and not be spoiled to anything huge.

• 5 years later...
On 10/31/2015 at 0:57 PM, Suicide_Tortuga said:

I played infamous FoB before playing any of the main games first. FoB gives you a nice taste of the inFamous. It made me wanna play to inFamous

I feel the same way and did the same.  Played FoB before the others.  My son has played the 1st one partially.