Reguarding The Perfect 10* Run Trophy Guide FOr Silent Hill 2 For HD

Kurumi-and-Noire

This is a very important question that involves the save files. When you are going for a second ending save (exception Maria's save file), do you want to overide the second playthrough save on to your first save or put it separately in reguards to having all the endings for the 10* run? This question is very important, because I can't seem to find a direct answer for this question to help me prepare for the 10* run. >_<

Despite having the HD Collection on my backlog, I haven't played it yet; I did play the PS2 version some months ago, though, and if I recall correctly I did overwrite the first cleared game file after getting a second different ending and so on for the other endings and I got the 10 stars on my 7th playthrough (not sure if it was 6th or 7th.) What I did not overwrite was the file that shows the 10 stars.

Edited by Deceptrox

The game logs which endings you have already viewed as long as;-

When starting a new game, you load your cleared save data from your last playthrough. From there you can either overwrite your previous save data OR create a new save.

Either way, the result will be the same. It doesn't hurt to keep the save files from endings you have viewed.

Just make sure you load your cleared save data before starting a new game :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Does anyone knows if doing Melee Master or Keep Your Distance trophies in other playthroughs than the 10 star one you wont get 10 stars? guide warns a lot about not doing those trophies in early playthrough but never explains why.

34 minutes ago, Saionji said:

Does anyone knows if doing Melee Master or Keep Your Distance trophies in other playthroughs than the 10 star one you wont get 10 stars? guide warns a lot about not doing those trophies in early playthrough but never explains why.

You need to do everything on the 10 stars run, all the kill related ones, all the secret items, boat time, damage and overall time. 

So plan beforehand since you also have 2 saves. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mah2c said:

You need to do everything on the 10 stars run, all the kill related ones, all the secret items, boat time, damage and overall time. 

Alright, I know but I thought doing kill related stuff on different playthrough will affect my 10 stars in some way. Its written in bold in the trophy guide on this site and repeated several times but I guess the only thing it will affect is the fact that trophies popping means I reached the required numbers. If I already had kill releated trophies I will have to count all my kills and picked items myself on 10 star run -_-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saionji said:

Alright, I know but I thought doing kill related stuff on different playthrough will affect my 10 stars in some way. Its written in bold in the trophy guide on this site and repeated several times but I guess the only thing it will affect is the fact that trophies popping means I reached the required numbers. If I already had kill releated trophies I will have to count all my kills and picked items myself on 10 star run -_-

Precisely, all the bronze/silver miscellaneous trophies are tied to the 10 stars run, you'll need all of then in a single playthrough. 

So if you got the infamous boat one, make sure you're a master at that or use a stopwatch. 

The kills you can actuality farm all after you leave the hospital, the streets will be infested and you can farm tons there. Just pay attention to the  damage threshold. Eddie is very unpredictable. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mah2c said:

Precisely, all the bronze/silver miscellaneous trophies are tied to the 10 stars run, you'll need all of then in a single playthrough. 

So if you got the infamous boat one, make sure you're a master at that or use a stopwatch. 

The kills you can actuality farm all after you leave the hospital, the streets will be infested and you can farm tons there. Just pay attention to the  damage threshold. Eddie is very unpredictable. 

I see, thanks for info. Btw when you did your 10 star run did it bother you that whenever you quit from inventory or map the screen goes black for like 2-3 seconds? I read its better to reload your weapon through inventory as its suppose to be faster, I dont know if its just me but with the black screen lag I cant think of it as a faster reload method.

7 hours ago, Saionji said:

I see, thanks for info. Btw when you did your 10 star run did it bother you that whenever you quit from inventory or map the screen goes black for like 2-3 seconds? I read its better to reload your weapon through inventory as its suppose to be faster, I dont know if its just me but with the black screen lag I cant think of it as a faster reload method.

Yeah it's safer, don't risk reloading while enemies are in the vicinity. I know 500 damage is a good amount, basically 5 health packs but it must be done on hard which will easily drain you out in 2-3 hits, so always reload on the menu while enemies are alive. 

Lastly I'm pretty sure you're going for but go for dog ending. No need for extra hussle with the two pyramid head. 

Other than that enjoy this masterpiece, the hd collection isn't the best because of glitches but adding a plat is totally worth it :)

• Like 1