I gotta be honest...

RuinousOne25

ICYMI: It's a Tell-Tale game. they haven't given the 'actual' Minecraft a story mode. 

I'm not sure whether the OP knows this, (it wasn't clear to me at least!), so that's a good place to start. 

And given their past in creating stories from just the universe, they should be able to make a great story. Think about Back to the Future or Tales From The Borderlands; for these they started with the world and the characters and made a story based upon the originals. I'm guessing for Minecraft SM they'll create their own protagonists while using the enemies, NPCs and locales already present in the game. Who knows, maybe that Enderdragon will make an appearance.

Hopefully that gives you some insight/idea of how they'd make a story out of Minecraft :)

Edited by Half-H3ro
  • Like 1

There isn't much of a story to it you're right, so in a sense this makes it even easier to create a story from it, which is what this game has done. It uses the expansive Minecraft world to tell a unique and new story.

This is what I thought as well. They're in a sandbox universe, they can do whatever they want to do, tell a new and unique story set in the Minecraft world! :)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Pro-tip: play the game before judging.

Well Minecraft has no story to begin with so with his question, it's not judging, he's going from evidence from the Minecraft story which it has no story. He only wanted to know what can they possibly come up with the game they based it off that has no story to it in the first place. Pro-tip.

Well Minecraft has no story to begin with so with his question, it's not judging, he's going from evidence from the Minecraft story which it has no story. He only wanted to know what can they possibly come up with the game they based it off that has no story to it in the first place. Pro-tip.

Other than being late to this party (this post was made in October of last year), saying the same thing Blue Flare said (read above), you are also pointing out the obvious: that TellTale is making a story for a game that has no storyline. I would never be able to guess something like this from the name of the game or from the history TT has in developing games and adding different stories to anyway existing lores. Very helpful reply, thank you. xD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 17/10/2015 at 5:20 AM, Lilseb93 said:

They did a good job with it. Since Minecraft doesn't have a story, they have full reign to do any story they want. 

Tnis, I really liked the story in the base game, and the DLC it's even better, not bad at all.

I got over my expectation, it's a nice game, a lot of people they have said that is a bad game, well, it's not.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing this game with my kids watching and they have loved this game.  I think they like watching it because it feels more like an interactive movie then as much of a game.  Plus they love Minecraft so it is fun for them to see it in this form.

• 1 month later...