Is this worth £6.25?

sp483

It's currently on sale on the store; the price includes all the DLC. I usually like this kind of game, but I've heard nothing but bad things about Sacred 3 (very linear, shallow etc.) Also, the trophies look a bit of a chore. Can anyone who's played it recommend it?

That's a good deal! Never played it, but I often have the same question(s).. I'm sure you checked the IGN review, as they too deem it "shallow", but also beautiful and entertaining, with a variety of challenges, though gameplay = button mashing. I grew up on Diablo, and enjoyed my experiences with Bastion and Torchlight, so I'm sure that if you enjoy games like Diablo; Bastion, Fate, Dungeon Siege or Torchlight, you will enjoy this game as well.. I may have to grab it along with you  B)

I considered it a grindy game despite it not being that long, simply because the game is fun the first 2-3 hours. Then it gets very boring very fast. It's not like diablo or path of exile or torchlight where you can do a lot of customization and such. It is very linear indeed and this is what makes it boring after the first playthrough. There's no extra dungeons or anything. Imo it's a fun game to rent for sure. But don't expect to have fun after 3-5 hours, it's not like diablo where even after 100's of hours the game is still a blast.

The grind for the game is to max everyones "stats" which requires gold, so you'll be farming most of your time during your journey to the platinum, the same level over and over for gold. And you also have to max everyone's levels, which again you farm the same miniboss over and over. The platinum is basically just that. It's just that it get's boring pretty fast so the grind is even more boring.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki
  • Like 2