Brutal Truly Earns its Name

Just finished by brutal playthrough. It was insane those moments where you can't help but get shot, I'm looking at you Chapter 22 where the storage container falls and you dive out of the way and got shot atleast twice essentially enough to kill you.

Things I learnt. Never pick up the same weapon as it will only give you 2 or 3 more ammo pick up another weapon then pick it up. It should have a full magazine. Also dont waste time going for the headshot you can pretty well down most enemies with 4 rapid fire pistol shots.

How did everyone else find it?

Just finished my run too and I'm surprised I made it to the end. The game felt extremely unfair as already mentioned. Several areas you don't have any chance of survival without pure luck. The one I struggled the most with was the part when you were at the turret on the Jeep. You can't turn 360 degrees so several times the enemies killed me without even being able to aim at them. 

I definitely remember the first Uncharted having the hardest "crushing" difficulty out of the 3 console games. Golden Abyss' got pretty hairy at times too especially with its touchpad quick time events.

I always remembered it being hardest, but playing through DF Remastered on Crushing was an absolute breeze compared to what I'm currently playing in Among Thieves!

Oh god those swipey-swipey QTEs!! Damn them! Damn them to hell!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got to Chapter 13 yesterday in one sit.

The water room was INSANE, I still don't know how I did it but I died 100 times at least.

The jeep section is total #%&t, it's so random that I tried once just pressing the buttons without looking at the screen and I actually advanced a checkpoint.

From Chapter 13 we got the laser guys and what I am afraid the most, the descendants room, so yeah, looking forward to it.

I'm amazed I just finished my brutal walk through. The worst parts for me were the jeep through the woods, took me 2 hours, and the final area as already mentioned, just after the container falls you literally die before you exit the cutscene, such an unfair mechanic, the really needs to be fixed.

A lot f the areas I was dreading the most I ended up getting through quite easily. Level 18 and 19 I think with the monster things, I got through with only 2 deaths.

It is a hard play through but definitely achievable and good fun when not being made irrationally angry.

Still nervous about the next game though, lol.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but there is a glitch you can exploit to finish Brutal in a breeze.

Basically if you finished it on Crushing you can use a glitch which allows you to use tweaks such as infinite ammo and one shot kills. Personally I used it in my Brutal playthrough because UC1 is my least favorite and I didn't wanna pull hairs on it, but I will definitely try to do a legit brutal run of UC2 and UC3, but for those of you who want the 100% and are dreading this playthrough, this glitch will make you complete the game easily. 

I just finished it in a continuous playthrough, took me 5 hours, some parts were still tricky, but most were a breeze,

Enjoy

• Like 2

I'm amazed I just finished my brutal walk through. The worst parts for me were the jeep through the woods, took me 2 hours, and the final area as already mentioned, just after the container falls you literally die before you exit the cutscene, such an unfair mechanic, the really needs to be fixed.

A lot f the areas I was dreading the most I ended up getting through quite easily. Level 18 and 19 I think with the monster things, I got through with only 2 deaths.

It is a hard play through but definitely achievable and good fun when not being made irrationally angry.

Still nervous about the next game though, lol.

THAT container checkpoint! I swear to God I died there like 100 times until randomly I managed to roll back after several tries spamming the button, just right after the QTE prompt. That scene is definitely broken.

Same goes for the Jeep part.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished my run today. Felt like playing Dead Souls. Deaths. What I learned was instead of going in cover in some areas I would just stand and aim and use shoulder switch to peak around corners. Hard parts were underground fortress part were there was water on the floor. The jeep shooting. The last part of the church area, and the ship at the end. The Decedents part wasn't that hard. I died probably 1000 times total. 

Edited by Benfoxy83

• 2 months later...

Almost done with Crushing on the original PS3 version. Have to do the courtyard and church the 2nd go around and later the ship. Definitely the hardest parts of the game, and Brutal would probably make me throw my controller at the television.

It will, it's way harder than Crushing. WAY harder.

• 3 weeks later...

I've finished yesterday on Brutal. It's really hard, the Blue Room on chapter 5, the church fight and the ridiculous jeep section were insane, and that container QTE part on final boss it's really broken, because you die when the cutscene still finishing. But I still think it's easier than Spec Ops's FUBAR. But for those who have struggled on Crushing, stay away from Brutal.

I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but there is a glitch you can exploit to finish Brutal in a breeze.

Basically if you finished it on Crushing you can use a glitch which allows you to use tweaks such as infinite ammo and one shot kills. Personally I used it in my Brutal playthrough because UC1 is my least favorite and I didn't wanna pull hairs on it, but I will definitely try to do a legit brutal run of UC2 and UC3, but for those of you who want the 100% and are dreading this playthrough, this glitch will make you complete the game easily. 

I just finished it in a continuous playthrough, took me 5 hours, some parts were still tricky, but most were a breeze,

Enjoy

I can confirm that trip works :)

Well brutal isn't really hard if you pre-order the game and have gold guns :)

I'm worried about "The Fat and the Furious" trophy because if i quit the game and go back to play i need to be careful to active the skin before to play !

I'm really surprised I've finished Brutal. Hadn't played shooters much before, so now when I think about it, I guess I expected it to be more difficult. Some moments seemed like a nightmare (Blue Room, for example, and the Battle before reuniting with Sully. Luckily, I've found a way to pass it and move straight to the library shooting). The journey was insane and by the end of the playthrough it became easier (?) for me. I can't say Chapter 22 was Hell, although I died like 50 times just after the containers fall before figuring how to deal with this unfairness. Otherwise it was fun.

I can confirm that trip works :)

Well brutal isn't really hard if you pre-order the game and have gold guns :)

I'm worried about "The Fat and the Furious" trophy because if i quit the game and go back to play i need to be careful to active the skin before to play !

Fat skin run and speedrun can be done easily in one session.I made it in 2 hours and 10 minutes,and it took me 3 hours in real time (i had to restart a few times after dying and i took also a break).So there is no need to quit the game at all.

As for the brutal run,both the jeep chase and the container explosion are broken.Clearly the game wasn't designed for such a difficulty.I used tweaks in both crushing and brutal,i got the ps3 version crushing legit so i didn't want to waste time in ps4.I'm still laughing with the jumping animation.

Fat skin run and speedrun can be done easily in one session.I made it in 2 hours and 10 minutes,and it took me 3 hours in real time (i had to restart a few times after dying and i took also a break).So there is no need to quit the game at all.

As for the brutal run,both the jeep chase and the container explosion are broken.Clearly the game wasn't designed for such a difficulty.I used tweaks in both crushing and brutal,i got the ps3 version crushing legit so i didn't want to waste time in ps4.I'm still laughing with the jumping animation.

Im gonna do a speedrun on easy to be more effective. I was worried about the fact that (for example) i have to turn off the console to go somewhere and then i return to the game and i have to activate the skin from the main menu. this is my fear (I have no patience to go back to do it all over again)

I can imagine that jeep chase part on brutal!! i died about 10 times on crushing GRRRRRRR :)

Ahahah finally someone with the same opinion like me ! man the jumping animation........ well it SUCKS ! I It completely annoy me. U2 and U3 jumping are so good that everytime you go back to the first game and see that ... well its like to play with lions and the other playing with turtles ! :D

• 5 months later...

I was hoping for more of a challenge, overall I thought Brutal wasn't that bad. Honestly if you prep areas ahead of time, like knowing what guns will do best for you in the next areas of a chapter, then its not that bad. The earlier chapters I thought were tougher, kind of disappointed in this difficulty. I was expecting something maybe more along the lines of World At War veteran mode, but it's not even close to that in terms of challenging.