Open Ended trophy problem

Hello,

I have problem with this trophy. I've started a new game, walk straight to the last town but the bunker was closed. What should I do to open the gate? Should I interact with every glowing lights or something?

I'll be grateful for help. Thank you!

• 1 year later...

Basically there are 4 Orbs to get. 

1) On the left side when you enter the area is a house under construction. Go inside and activate that orb.

2) Inside the Train Station, enter and activate it.

3) Inside the Warehouse by the train station (Business looking area opposite Holly's Cafe)

4) Right by the bunker

I got the trophy an hour or so ago. Hope this helps.

On 11/5/2016 at 11:16 PM, Chris1-1sirhC said:

I have a problem with this trophy too I cannot get the orb in the house which is under construction to activate or the one in the train station

Funny you said that, i'm having the exact same problem. It's definitely not a glitch with the Open Ended trophy, it's a glitch with the story in the game that makes getting a specific trophy(or trophies) more stressful.

I've watched a couple of walkthroughs on YouTube that shows the player going through the story and having not come across that glitch and popping the trophy at the end. Maybe i'll need to delete the game and it's saves and re-download the game and do the trophy's requirements again? (or just simply start a new game and chances are that won't work).

Edited by Skeptical69

Funny you said that, i'm having the exact same problem. It's definitely not a glitch with the Open Minded trophy, it's a glitch with the story in the game that makes getting a specific trophy(or trophies) more stressful.

I've watched a couple of walkthroughs that shows the player going through the story and having not come across that glitch and popping the trophy at the end. Maybe i'll need to delete the game and it's saves and re-download the game and do the trophy's requirements again? (or just simply start a new game and chances are that won't work).

I tried a new game after posting this and got the same results but I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling so I might give that a go. If not I might just wait for a patch as I think you have to complete Stephen's story to finish the game and no matter what I do the orbs will not activate in those locations.

1) On the left side when you enter the area is a house under construction. Go inside and activate that orb.

3) Inside the Warehouse by the train station (Business looking area opposite Holly's Cafe)

4) Right by the bunker

Thanks for the information, maybe it is just my install then as even if I start a new game the orb in the construction house will not activate. I'm guessing this is why the train station one won't either.

I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling as other people also seem to be getting the same issue as me but you did not so maybe its an installation issue or a glitch which only happens some times.

Funny you said that, i'm having the exact same problem. It's definitely not a glitch with the Open Minded trophy, it's a glitch with the story in the game that makes getting a specific trophy(or trophies) more stressful.

I've watched a couple of walkthroughs on YouTube that shows the player going through the story and having not come across that glitch and popping the trophy at the end. Maybe i'll need to delete the game and it's saves and re-download the game and do the trophy's requirements again? (or just simply start a new game and chances are that won't work).

I have now also tried uninstalling the game, removing all game data and reinstalling it but I still can' t get the orb in the house to activate.

I have had some issues with getting orbs to activate, however it isn't that they can't be activated, more that the motion sensing seems... off. Just slowly rotating the controller until you hit the right position and holding it there for the light to fully "expand" seemed to do the trick for me.

Specifically I had problems with the one at the house under renovation as well as the very last orb in the game.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2016 at 9:34 AM, SRS_77_Awesum said:

4) Right by the bunker

I just got this trophy while also getting the "Ready Meal" and "Graffiti Artist" trophies at the same time. I only activated the orbs mentioned in the quote above. Basically you can still interact with the environment while trying to get this trophy, just don't complete any story arcs until you get to the Stephen story. 

I hope this helps and I'm sorry I can't give you a solution to the problem of not being able to activate the orbs.