Rage

DeadStanley

The challenge mode of this game REALLY makes me want to smash my Vita.

And challenge #3... HOW?! HOW do you get 3 flames on that? I can never get more than 20 enemies (of the 25 required) killed because those stupid barrel monkeys have a slow pattern. Is there a trick to handling them?

• Like 1

Just looked at a trophy guide for you... apparently (I say 'apparently since I have no idea what this game even is) mastering the challenges boils down to time, patience and luck. There are no fixed strategies... again, apparently.

Sorry if I'm not very helpful. I tried looking for vid guides, but none seem to exist. Seems you're on your own for now. Keep trying and good luck.

If you get too frustrated, take a break, watch a good comedy and come back.

Thanks for your concern. I ended up getting the trophy. Someone on PlaystationTrophies.org mentioned the best way to complete challenge #3 is to leave the Pirate Captain alive for as long as possible and just kill the Brutes he spawns. I had no idea that when you kill a Brute that the Captain calls another one, and there are no instructions for this game and the in-game tutorial doesn't mention specific quirks regarding the enemy types.

The way I handled this challenge is that I kept playing until the Captain spawned in the corner and his Brutes in front of him. I'd make quick and small swipes from between the Captain and Brute and outward passed the Brute, thus avoiding the Captain in my swipes. The barrel monkeys should also be killed, but don't focus your efforts on them, just get them when the opportunity strikes. I came close with 24/25 kills many times, and then the final attempt I managed to get it with about 4 seconds left on the clock.

Overall I had so much trouble with this game because I found the touchscreen inputs to be very inaccurate and shoddy. Most of the time they work, but when you need them in a pinch they fail you. You can draw a line across an enemy but they don't take damage, or you're drawing a curve and it breaks halfway through without you lifting your finger. Moving left and right would sometimes be a nightmare especially in challenges where you have to deal with rolling barrels or enemies which knock you back. Overall the control felt very buggy, which is unfortunate considering the touchscreen is the only means of input. I'm glad I'm 100% done with it, as it will never be installed and loaded on my Vita ever again. NEVER. EVER. AGAIN.

:angry:

• 2 years later...
On 2015-10-19 at 4:45 PM, DeadStanley said:

Thanks for your concern. I ended up getting the trophy. Someone on PlaystationTrophies.org mentioned the best way to complete challenge #3 is to leave the Pirate Captain alive for as long as possible and just kill the Brutes he spawns. I had no idea that when you kill a Brute that the Captain calls another one, and there are no instructions for this game and the in-game tutorial doesn't mention specific quirks regarding the enemy types.

The way I handled this challenge is that I kept playing until the Captain spawned in the corner and his Brutes in front of him. I'd make quick and small swipes from between the Captain and Brute and outward passed the Brute, thus avoiding the Captain in my swipes. The barrel monkeys should also be killed, but don't focus your efforts on them, just get them when the opportunity strikes. I came close with 24/25 kills many times, and then the final attempt I managed to get it with about 4 seconds left on the clock.

Overall I had so much trouble with this game because I found the touchscreen inputs to be very inaccurate and shoddy. Most of the time they work, but when you need them in a pinch they fail you. You can draw a line across an enemy but they don't take damage, or you're drawing a curve and it breaks halfway through without you lifting your finger. Moving left and right would sometimes be a nightmare especially in challenges where you have to deal with rolling barrels or enemies which knock you back. Overall the control felt very buggy, which is unfortunate considering the touchscreen is the only means of input. I'm glad I'm 100% done with it, as it will never be installed and loaded on my Vita ever again. NEVER. EVER. AGAIN.

:angry:

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know about the brute spawning captain either. This will surely be helpful. I have many challenges left and I have sort of given up already. They take around 1hour at least for every challenge it seems, with some I can't even get the first flame for:/ It's a terribly hard and frustrating game because of this.