How to beat boss on crushing?

Is it important to shoot those blue tree sap things?

Ja :)

It's the only way to kill him actually, if I remember correctly. There's a glitch to do this easily if you can't be bothered with doing it "the legit way".

Although I haven't played the remasters so I don't really know for sure if it's the same.

Is it important to shoot those blue tree sap things?

Very important. Bullets don't do damage to him, so you have to shoot the blue things when he is close.

3 times, then he should scream something at you

3 more times and he should tell you to stop standing in the way of adversity or something like that.

3 more times and he'll just scream DRAKE

3 times after that he'll run back to the pool in the middle of the Tree of Life.

I say 3 as an average. I think it's probably to do with his proximity to the sap explosion, so it could be 4, or maybe even 2 if he's really close. (He walks right by one of the saps at the top of some broken stairs, I always did a big explosion to him there.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone still having trouble with Boss on any difficulty? Also look at his video list for all trophies in all 3 Nathan Drake Collection games.

I used the same method. Very easy and got it first attempt.

I recall doing the same battle on PS3 "legit" by running & gunning and it was hard damn work. Play monkey and it's a walk in the park.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...