Top 10 Uncharted Moments!

Remilia Scarlet

Great write up! I agree with pretty much every one of yours, but my personal favorite moment is exploring the ice caves of Tibet with Tenzin. Theres something special about how he and Nate communicated even though there was a language barrier. Really great moment for me. 

• Like 2

You did a really good job with the opening post! You're making me want to play the Uncharted series even more now.  :angel:

Thank you! If you own a PS4, The Nathan Drake Collection just released, so I cannot recommend it enough! Otherwise you can buy all three games at GameStop for about $15 together.

Great write up! I agree with pretty much every one of yours, but my personal favorite moment is exploring the ice caves of Tibet with Tenzin. Theres something special about how he and Nate communicated even though there was a language barrier. Really great moment for me.

Yes! Their relationship is very unique!

• Like 1

Great job on everything. I have a funny personal story, I was playing uncharted 1 on hard. I was at a part with ruins in the jungle, I believe I was halfway through the game. I was having a lot of trouble and I was dieing a lot. I killed everyone but one person. So, I decided to use a grenade, but right after I throw the grenade, it bounded off a column and it came back to me and killed me. I was so mad after that.

Great job on everything. I have a funny personal story, I was playing uncharted 1 on hard. I was at a part with ruins in the jungle, I believe I was halfway through the game. I was having a lot of trouble and I was dieing a lot. I killed everyone but one person. So, I decided to use a grenade, but right after I throw the grenade, it bounded off a column and it came back to me and killed me. I was so mad after that.

Thanks for the comment! That happened to me a lot ;-;

Awesome list, although I disagree with the plane crash being number 1. I'd say the train wreck or when nate was in jail and he impersonated Flynn

I loved the jail scene! And thanks!

dang dreama, your OP was so good that it's basically impossible for us to follow up with a similar post!  xD

but really though, you basically nailed all my favorite moments from the uncharted series. although my personal favorite was climbing the falling train, more specifically the intro part of uncharted 2. it was just so awesome booting up the game for the first time and then bam, your life is already in danger. plus it was a really cool way to do a tutorial. the whole train sequence later in the game was just spectacular too. it's definitely what i think of first when someone brings up uncharted.

• Like 1

dang dreama, your OP was so good that it's basically impossible for us to follow up with a similar post!  xD

but really though, you basically nailed all my favorite moments from the uncharted series. although my personal favorite was climbing the falling train, more specifically the intro part of uncharted 2. it was just so awesome booting up the game for the first time and then bam, your life is already in danger. plus it was a really cool way to do a tutorial. the whole train sequence later in the game was just spectacular too. it's definitely what i think of first when someone brings up uncharted.

Glad you liked my list! I immediately think of that wicked plane crash in rhe Rub'al Khali!

For me, so far - I'm yet to play 3 - I have to say Chapter 13 Locomotion in Uncharted 2 is my standout moment. That train is a really good piece of level design. Whereas lesser games would have just made it a corridor of linked train carriages for you to shoot your way down, ND made a 3d environment where you could climb on top of and around the train carriages, giving you flanking opportunities and the chance to completely skip some enemies if you're sneaky about it. Dropping down behind the guy with the turret, taking him out, then using the turret on 2 carriages worth of guys facing the wrong direction was amazing.

A close second was the fight in Chapter 4 in the same game, at Lazarovic's camp in the Borneo jungle. That is the first big fight scene in U2 and, having just come off U1, it was the moment where I realised just how much better ND had made the combat mechanics. In my first attempts at this fight, I played like I used to play U1 - stay in one place, pop out of cover, take a few shots, repeat. After failing a number of times, I thought I'd change my position. I was delighted when the enemies didn't immediately know I had moved, and I suddenly realised that stealth and flanking were viable options in U2. It completely changed the combat parts of the game from a punishing, chore of a shooting gallery in U1 to a tactical, strategic thing that you could play around with. 

Third, I really liked the fight in the snow in Chapter 15, still in U2. With the blizzard providing cover, it was great fun to play the predator - sneaking around behind enemies, taking one out, then moving to get behind them all again. Great fun.

• Like 1

The Uncharted trilogy is just amazing, I bought my PS3 with them and also bought the Nathan Drake Collection (Could have got it almost 2 weeks before the UK release if PayPal didn't mess up). I've slowly been replaying the Uncharted games again a number of times and aim to platinum all 3 again in the next few weeks, I think you've got a pretty good list but for me, with games like Uncharted its hard to sum up the greatness in 10 moments.

Edited by mittoucp
  • Like 1