Would I be able to understand this?

So I saw this game was finally localized so I was really thinking about buying it however I haven't played the previous games. I HAVE watched the anime (which I know is not canon) and read up a bit on the wiki so I was wondering if I would be able to at least understand the story or would I HAVE to play the previous ones to understand? (I don't have wifi so I can't download the first game which is why i'm asking)

Story-wise, the game takes place 2 months after the second one (Corpse Party: Book of Shadows). If you really want to get the full experience, then by all means you can play the previous 2 games. Regardless, you can still understand what is going on in this game as it briefly mentions what happens at the end of the second one.

Sorry if my explanation still sounds a bit confusing. Just remember to have fun.

• Like 1

Story-wise, the game takes place 2 months after the second one (Corpse Party: Book of Shadows). If you really want to get the full experience, then by all means you can play the previous 2 games. Regardless, you can still understand what is going on in this game as it briefly mentions what happens at the end of the second one.

Sorry if my explanation still sounds a bit confusing. Just remember to have fun.

Alright awesome thanks for that I have now ordered it :D

Buut I thought that book of shadows was a what if scenario though O_o

Alright awesome thanks for that I have now ordered it :D

Buut I thought that book of shadows was a what if scenario though O_o

From what I have heard, it is a "what if" scenario, but that's all that I know of. If I had completely finished the first game, and purchased Book of Shadows, then I could have been a bit more helpful in shedding some more information for you.

To anyone reading this, can someone be able to confirm the events of either Book of Shadows or the original game and how it all ties to Blood Drive?

So I saw this game was finally localized so I was really thinking about buying it however I haven't played the previous games. I HAVE watched the anime (which I know is not canon) and read up a bit on the wiki so I was wondering if I would be able to at least understand the story or would I HAVE to play the previous ones to understand? (I don't have wifi so I can't download the first game which is why i'm asking)

If you can't play the games/don't have time (they are lengthy), then definitely read plot synopses on the Corpse Party wiki.  Blood Drive briefly mentions the past two games (and even draws a bit from the JP-only spinoff game Hysterical Birthday) but absolutely assumes you've already played Corpse Party and Book of Shadows.  I've played both and I still had to go back and brush up on Book of Shadows because I couldn't remember enough of it.

• Like 1

From what I have heard, it is a "what if" scenario, but that's all that I know of. If I had completely finished the first game, and purchased Book of Shadows, then I could have been a bit more helpful in shedding some more information for you.

To anyone reading this, can someone be able to confirm the events of either Book of Shadows or the original game and how it all ties to Blood Drive?

Well... it's not really "what if", it's a full-fledged sequel with less important characters.

Well... it's not really "what if", it's a full-fledged sequel with less important characters.

I see. That's probably why I kept trying to figure out who the girl is that is trying to kill Kishinuma via strangulation, only to end up forgeting about her around the second time going through that chapter for the other endings.

Now this is just Outright wrong. Book of Shadows is Neither a "What-If" nor a Sequel

Book of Shadows is a Compilation of Different Styled Episodes Prividing Imformation on the Lore & Characters.

Most are Behind the Scenes from the first Game while others are either "what-if" or Prequels

However the Final Chapter is a Sequel to the First Game's True end & Blood Drive's Prologue.

I see. That's probably why I kept trying to figure out who the girl is that is trying to kill Kishinuma via strangulation, only to end up forgeting about her around the second time going through that chapter for the other endings.

She was Never Introduced before this Game.

As for the OP's Question, Yes you need to play Both the entirety of the First Game & the Blood Drive Prologue to understand this Game's Plot.

• 3 weeks later...

Say I can't be arsed to buy the previous versions, what're the best LP's to watch for this?

I would recommend this one in particular, he has a few audio issues in the first few videos but gets it sorted out before ch.1 ends IIRC.

https://youtu.be/vYyqc6STNPE?list=PLeqwXTaiY-OyvwqG1EsTs60NE7kG0rZKb

but Pewdiepie made one to the True end too if you're more into him.

sorry for the Late reply, I was without internet for the past week.

Edited by Akira