A very easy way to beat brtual difficulty!

I thought you had to beat brutal without changing the difficulty. As you sure this works.

it worked similar in uc2: you just switch to crushing/hard to enable those options/cheats and immediately switch back to brutal.

since you never left the options menu it didn't save the difficulty change, thus not disabling the trophy.

so my guess is, that it's very likely to work this way here, too!

I'd say just try it and if it doesn't work, you had at least another training run ;)

btw, shouldn't this work for your crushing run too, if you do your first PT on easy/normal?

• Like 2

Surely when you change the difficulty from Crushing back to Brutal again, that would automatically disable any tweaks you have activated as well? Because you haven't unlocked them on Brutal difficulty yet?

Also, can you still get the trophy for beating the game on Brutal by doing this? Or would it be voided because you changed the difficulty to Crushing for a few seconds?

I'm starting my Brutal playthrough on the first game later today, so i'm intrigued by this.

And this really doesn't void the brutal trophy?

Not sure if I did it right, when I tried it a week ago, but when I changed back to brutal, the tweaks were disabled again.

Edit: tried it now and it worked in UC3 - I tried it in UC2 and it didn't work that way.

Edited by dalailama1989

Edit: tried it now and it worked in UC3 - I tried it in UC2 and it didn't work that way.

I tried it in Drakes Fortune, and it won't work in that one either.. makes you save/restart checkpoint immediately after changing difficulty..

Running my Uncharted 3 brutal PT now, thanks for the tip OP!

Edited by ibebrett

And this really doesn't void the brutal trophy?

Not sure if I did it right, when I tried it a week ago, but when I changed back to brutal, the tweaks were disabled again.

To make it work on UC2 (and I believe it works on UC3) you need to do the following.

1. Start chapter 1 via chapter select on crushing/brutal not new game

2. When you get a gun (I'm not sure if this necessary but its how I've always seen it/performed it) change difficulty down to hard.

3. Enable tweaks.

4. Quit to main menu.

5. Go back to chapter 1 in chapter select and change difficulty back to crushing/brutal

6. Press back

7. Select continue

You will be where you left off on crushing/brutal with tweaks enabled. This method doesn't work in UC1 you have to use method stated in OP

• Like 3

I thought you had to beat brutal without changing the difficulty. As you sure this works.

look at my profile,i already get the trophy :)

This is a similar method that people have talked about and used for Crushing on Uncharted 2.  Didn't think it worked on the other games.

It is different from UC2. I try that method on 3 first, it does not work at all.And after that, I figure this out and get the trophy.

Surely when you change the difficulty from Crushing back to Brutal again, that would automatically disable any tweaks you have activated as well? Because you haven't unlocked them on Brutal difficulty yet?

Also, can you still get the trophy for beating the game on Brutal by doing this? Or would it be voided because you changed the difficulty to Crushing for a few seconds?

I'm starting my Brutal playthrough on the first game later today, so i'm intrigued by this.

Just look at my profile, I already get the trophy and it works pretty well. After change the diffcult, you will find that you can not use the tweaks but the one shot and ammo still enabled.

• Like 1

To make it work on UC2 (and I believe it works on UC3) you need to do the following.

1. Start chapter 1 via chapter select on crushing/brutal not new game

2. When you get a gun (I'm not sure if this necessary but its how I've always seen it/performed it) change difficulty down to hard.

3. Enable tweaks.

4. Quit to main menu.

5. Go back to chapter 1 in chapter select and change difficulty back to crushing/brutal

6. Press back

7. Select continue

You will be where you left off on crushing/brutal with tweaks enabled. This method doesn't work in UC1 you have to use method stated in OP

Worked like a charm.. thank you for this! This is indeed the only way to get it to work in Uncharted 2..

& I actually got thru the first 9 chapters legitimately.. then used this method, and it still worked.

Edited by ibebrett
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That sucks... Any way I will be able to unpatch it? 

Reinstall and automatic updates off?

What I did was delete the game data.  Then re-install it and everytime the game attempts to download the patch, I just either delete it entirely or pause it.  Safest is to just turn off the Internet until you complete Brutal

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

You can download the patch and install it after you enable the tweaks on U2, even after exiting the game completely. You just need to get to a later checkpoint on U2 and the tweaks will stay active on that save. You just need to make sure to only use continue game and not chapter select when starting back up after quitting out of the game.

Edited by Snake2410