Who wants to play Tales of Symphonia Chronicles?

Superbuu3

Important: We will be going through the series, express if you wish to move from one game to the next or if you'd rather additional playthroughs are done with the group, I'll cater to people's needs. To clarify:

Options:

1. All go for the plat together, this may take a very very long time

2. Beat the game together, start the 'Dawn of the New Age' a week or so after majority have finished the first game and keep both topics open.

Anyone who wants to join, you may use this sign up thread, until it is closed. If you want to send an enquiry after that date, send me a PM or consult this thread here. Anyone who invades the We Play thread breaking this simple request or who is needlessly rude to other players will likely be added to my ignore list and effectively banned from all future playthroughs, this also includes anyone who puts spoilers in the thread, beyond the point we've played up to.

This is the sign up topic, the actual topic will be full of spoilers etc so i'm keeping them seperate.

Hey guys I'm Superbuu3, not sure if people know me, but i'm relatively new (I copy paste deal with it :P) to the forum.  As I and many of us have a huge backlog to improve motivation being able to play at the same time and discuss with people should help move things along.  I'm considering putting up some gameplay including boss fights and cutscenes so people who can't play can give there input on the game to.

If you want to see how this works in practice we already have done Okami which you can see here and Bioshock here. Check the We play subforum there's loads now.

Why sign ups you may ask well we're going to be starting in a few days and I thought would be nicer if we have a group of us if possible.  I know a lot of people have difficulty getting into a game or struggle to finish for various reason I thought this would be a good idea to motivate.  If you signed up i'll send you a reminder if need be, I also think if you commit to the topic you'll be more likely to follow through on keeping up the pace.

This will be starting during the end of October. If you don't want to go for the platinum no one is forcing you to, essential info for a platinum run will be explained in the opening post for the topic.

PS: No limit to how many people want to join.

Guidelines:

1. We only play up to the agreed milestone, I think if we leave people behind the group will fall apart, if people fall behind we will continue, but i do hope he others will try to keep up.

2. If you do meet an agreed story milestone, try to focus on any collectibles, checkpoints will be closer together for this.

3. Let us know in the thread if you meet a milestone so we can tell if everything is running smoothly, if you're having trouble with a boss or particular enemies try to ask in the thread first before consulting a guide, this is mainly to keep the talk on the game still open.

4. If you have any suggestions I'm completely open to them.

Current Members:

1. Superbuu3
  2. Kishnabe
  3. kittyxiii
  4. Kurorac
  5. Kyomi-Okami
  6. MiloPro
  7. Minedcoolperson
  8. NullRay85
  9. WidthOfACircle
  10. Xhillia

Late Joiners:

1. zadorvp
  2. JeieeM
  3. Ric (Joining for Symphonia 2)
  4. Satoshi
  5. sinnriel

Maybes:

1. DJROE95
  2. GoldenShaka
  3. Najinceil

Estimated starting Date October 26th

No one is expected to go for the platinum and the checkpoints will only really be in place for the inital run, unless you guys request it, I can put a different structure for the following

This will start some time next week, I have pushed it back slightly due to a request.

FAQ:

Can I join if I beat the game before?

Yes, as this game takes multiple playthroughs for the plat feel free to do your additional playthroughs. However, no spoilers or you'll be blacklisted as I've mentioned before.

Can I play on a different platform?

Yes

Can I ask stupid questions that have already be answered?

Yes, because no matter what I write someone will always choose to just not read a thing :facepalm:

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 2

Yes!

I haven't touched Symphonia just to start it with everyone here. So I'll join.

I think it's best if we finish one playthrough and then start with the next game (and leave the first one open for everyone who wants to plat the game. Not everyone wants to plat these games and there would be a huge gap otherwise.

Actually, despite the fact that I was looking forward to this at some point, I'll pass up.

Taking into the account my experience with We Plays so far, I feel that the checkpoint system greatly clashes with the way I prefer to play.

I've entered the Ys We Play as an experiment, and while I'm grateful for the experience and everyone's help (I hope to get the platinum, but seeing as Nightmare coming to the end and I've still haven't found that treasure chest, my resolve took quite a hit... I'm not sure I'll be able to make it in time), time constraints and checkpoint "blocks" have somewhat diminished the experience, and I'm not sure if I should continue to participate after that. 

Maybe I'll stay for Oreshika, seeing as it doesn't have any sort of guide, everyone will be going in blind and setting checkpoints will be troublesome, but if not, then most likely Ys will be my first and last We Play. 

I'm very sorry to drop out like this, Buu, but alas.

Good luck to everyone who decides to participate.

Actually, despite the fact that I was looking forward to this at some point, I'll pass up.

Taking into the account my experience with We Plays so far, I feel that the checkpoint system greatly clashes with the way I prefer to play.

I've entered the Ys We Play as an experiment, and while I'm grateful for the experience and everyone's help (I hope to get the platinum, but seeing as Nightmare coming to the end and I've still haven't found that treasure chest, my resolve took quite a hit... I'm not sure I'll be able to make it in time), time constraints and checkpoint "blocks" have somewhat diminished the experience, and I'm not sure if I should continue to participate after that. 

Maybe I'll stay for Oreshika, seeing as it doesn't have any sort of guide, everyone will be going in blind and setting checkpoints will be troublesome, but if not, then most likely Ys will be my first and last We Play. 

I'm very sorry to drop out like this, Buu, but alas.

Good luck to everyone who decides to participate.

Did you use Archon's maps? They are very thorough and if you look at them systematically you should be able to find them.

No worries I know some people just prefer to plow through a game at their own pace.

I can't believe that this is actually a we play group with a game that I want to play and have a copy of....... But I've got 6 uni assignments in for December :'(

Everyone else better have fun doing this and I'll be checking in regularly to see how everyone is getting on with the game :D

Op, my principal concern, how long usually take to beat a game in your We play?

I understand your no plat required, because you need a LOT of time for all the playthroughs.

But it's still an Rpg, so, Two weeks per chapter?

Thanks in advance.

Ideallly we'd finish in 8-12 weeks, but I'll have a better clue when I look into the game and what sidequests are missable etc. Given the number of playthroughs I'd like for us to go at a decent pace, from the sounds of things this game is long.  Are chapters clearly defined, if they are that would be a lot easier for me to give a time scale.

I want to aim for 8 weeks personally, no clue how realistic that is.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 3

Can I ask stupid questions that have already be answered?

Yes, because no matter what I write someone will always choose to just not read a thing :facepalm:

I LMAO everytime.

LMAO lol1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512, best comment of the month.

Shit, I was late. :(

Edited by TheYuriG

Can i join even though im on my 2nd playthrough? Im trying to work up some motivation to finish this. 

How many hours took you the first playthrough? You went just for the story and trophies related to your character or as many guides recommend You tried to get as much trophies as possible?

How many hours took you the first playthrough? You went just for the story and trophies related to your character or as many guides recommend You tried to get as much trophies as possible?

I believe it took around 50 hours to beat the game. I mostly just went through the story while doing whatever side quest i found along the way. I didn't really bother to grind my characters levels or do some of the harder sidequests as i was saving it for later playthroughs. I did try to pick up whatever titles i could get along the way though, mostly the easy one's you get from sidequests or through battle. 

If you are planning to use a guide i'd recommend this one http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/765388-tales-of-symphonia/faqs/42708 im currently using it for my second playthrough. 

Also a tip id recommend for newcomers is to not use any of your grade during your first playthrough as it would come in handy for later when you spend it at the grade store. I made the mistake of spending most of it on my 1st run and found myself not being able to purchase much stuff at the grade shop which could have been handy on my current run.

I believe it took around 50 hours to beat the game. I mostly just went through the story while doing whatever side quest i found along the way. I didn't really bother to grind my characters levels or do some of the harder sidequests as i was saving it for later playthroughs. I did try to pick up whatever titles i could get along the way though, mostly the easy one's you get from sidequests or through battle. 

If you are planning to use a guide i'd recommend this one http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/765388-tales-of-symphonia/faqs/42708 im currently using it for my second playthrough. 

Also a tip id recommend for newcomers is to not use any of your grade during your first playthrough as it would come in handy for later when you spend it at the grade store. I made the mistake of spending most of it on my 1st run and found myself not being able to purchase much stuff at the grade shop which could have been handy on my current run.

Thank You, I can see that it's a very detailed guide :)

I'll give it a read on weekend.